First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll iOS App Update
Brand Manager
598688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 8/24/15
Hey guys,

For all of our iOS users out there, we are excited to announce that a new update is available for version 2.40.0!



In fact we're so ecstatic, we've even come up with a little limerick for you all:

An update to the Crunchyroll app:
We killed all the bugs with a *thwap*
We’ve added new features
Like previews for seekers
Rewind and fast forward on tap!


The nitty gritty:

- Image preview while scrubbing to fast forward or rewind
- Next Episodes will now auto play
- Added more video player controls
- Premium Users can choose their Video Quality under settings!
- UI/UX Improvements
- Bug fixes







*Note* We are aware of the issue regarding Chromecast and are working to resolve it. Please send us an email to [email protected] if you are experiencing any problems.

The Crunchyroll app is available in the App store for free, so if you haven't already downloaded it, go check it out!

Happy streaming on the go~!
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 8/27/15
Well, that's a surprise. Sounds like some nice stuff.

Buuuut....This +- Next Episodes will now auto play" thing

Is that something we can opt out of in settings? Because, tbh, this is something I rarely want to happen, especially on my phone or iPad where I'm typically watching in short bouts, and if I can't set it to not do this, I don't want to update, no matter how many other new bells and whistles there are.
Nateb 
23043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 8/27/15
Finally! Auto play to next episode is something I've been waiting forever for! Thank you so much!
32264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 9/21/15
@ lorreen It looks like (from the pics) that autoplay is an option that you can turn on and off in the video player itself (via the little slidder thingy next to where it says autoplay)
Brand Manager
598688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 9/2/15

lorreen wrote:

Well, that's a surprise. Sounds like some nice stuff.

Buuuut....This +- Next Episodes will now auto play" thing

Is that something we can opt out of in settings? Because, tbh, this is something I rarely want to happen, especially on my phone or iPad where I'm typically watching in short bouts, and if I can't set it to not do this, I don't want to update, no matter how many other new bells and whistles there are.





deadjack wrote:

@ lorreen It looks like (from the pics) that autoplay is an option that you can turn on and off in the video player itself (via the little slidder thingy next to where it says autoplay)


Yup, it is not automatic, so you can choose to turn it off.
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/21/15

deadjack wrote:

@ lorreen It looks like (from the pics) that autoplay is an option that you can turn on and off in the video player itself (via the little slidder thingy next to where it says autoplay)





lugiamania wrote:


lorreen wrote:

Well, that's a surprise. Sounds like some nice stuff.

Buuuut....This +- Next Episodes will now auto play" thing

Is that something we can opt out of in settings? Because, tbh, this is something I rarely want to happen, especially on my phone or iPad where I'm typically watching in short bouts, and if I can't set it to not do this, I don't want to update, no matter how many other new bells and whistles there are.





deadjack wrote:

@ lorreen It looks like (from the pics) that autoplay is an option that you can turn on and off in the video player itself (via the little slidder thingy next to where it says autoplay)


Yup, it is not automatic, so you can choose to turn it off.


Duh. I was looking at the screenshots for something like that, and apparently over and over and over again I missed it.

Thank you. And Yay!! Now I look forward to trying the new update!
6133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
The Crunchyroll app is sharper than my blade. *tips rice hat*
25638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Is there a setting to stop the rewind and fast forward buttons from popping up automatically?
8518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / Orlando
Offline
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 8/22/15
Very nice CR, love the ability to change quality and the 10 sec quick rwd/fwd much appreciated update.
44013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Excellent iOS iPad update however the roku version needs to be fix especially when fast forward or rewind it is so slow to load.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
sucks that im on windows.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/22/15 , edited 8/22/15


How about doing this on android as well? And while your at it please include both manga and Drama/anime in one single app , so annoying to have to close one app and open another just to read something or watch something...
30137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
Sounds good but I haven't updated from 2.30.1 because I still run iOS 7.1.2 on my old iPad 2. Things on CR have been fine for me. Would it be worth updating? I don't want to run into playback issues with my older hardware.
elux72 
23492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/22/15 , edited 8/22/15

johnlathorp wrote:

Sounds good but I haven't updated from 2.30.1 because I still run iOS 7.1.2 on my old iPad 2. Things on CR have been fine for me. Would it be worth updating? I don't want to run into playback issues with my older hardware.


I have the 1st Mini, which shares the 2's specs, as far as I know, and haven't encountered any playback problems yet. On the other hand, it's running the latest iOS, so that might make a difference. If you're not updating the iOS for other reasons, maybe you'd be better off with the older Crunchyroll (note: I'm no expert; just reporting my impressions). I will say that I haven't found any playback issues on the Mini with any of the streaming sites, even with the latest iOS and up-to-date apps.

One thing I quite like about the new app is the play/pause smack in the middle; it was too small before. The skip, too, is handy for bypassing opening and ending themes.
39050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
I haven't had a chance to check out the new app yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it has the option to turn subtitles off. That's the number one feature I've wanted on other platforms (iOS, Chromecast, etc.) since the beginning.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.