First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Ancient Aliens theory
gsm642 
1427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
I didn't believe any of this crap until 1997 when I saw a giant black triangle ufo. This was before most of this was mainstream and didn't have anywhere to report such sightings. My religion went out the windows that day the second is we don't make stuff that big that can move that slow and be that quiet we make stuff that's really loud. This thing was big really big and really quiet and I also know for a fact that we are not alone and I consider it since then to be a fact and don't need a government spokesmen to tell me what I already know. I am also an ancient astronaut theory believer as a result and I take this show seriously as a part of what I saw. Anyone else that considered it nonsense I just ignore because of my own personal experience.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bullhead City, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/21/15

gsm642 wrote:

I didn't believe any of this crap until 1997 when I saw a giant black triangle ufo. This was before most of this was mainstream and didn't have anywhere to report such sightings. My religion went out the windows that day the second is we don't make stuff that big that can move that slow and be that quiet we make stuff that's really loud. This thing was big really big and really quiet and I also know for a fact that we are not alone and I consider it since then to be a fact and don't need a government spokesmen to tell me what I already know. I am also an ancient astronaut theory believer as a result and I take this show seriously as a part of what I saw. Anyone else that considered it nonsense I just ignore because of my own personal experience.


Although I am glad to hear you gave up on religion, your basis was loose at best. Giving up on something because of the Phoenix Lights is as silly as those stupid idiots that killed themselves during H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast. Just because you saw something unidentified doesn't make it alien. You're a conspiracy nut. Don't believe me? Re-read the part I emboldened.

And no, we don't always make stuff that is loud. The government loves making things as stealthy as possible, AND the U.S. government has a history of testing out new technologies on it's citizens, so they could have very well been a new type of militarized tech. And of course the government would deny it because when it comes to global espionage, denying what it really was and placing the blame on "aliens" is the perfect cover story.

Now I am not trying to talk crap, although the way I wrote my comment out begs to differ. I'm just saying that just because you don't understand something doesn't make it alien, it just means it's foreign to you.

But I pose to you a question, nay, a challenge if you will. If you know for a fact that we are not alone, then please provide your proof, as well as paperwork that shows that your proof has been scrutinized by several different scientific professionals. And the guys on Ancient Aliens are not scientists, regardless of how they make themselves out to be.

3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
When I visited ancient sites like the Nazca Lines (which is in Peru) or Palenque (which is in Mexico) during my travels to Latin America, the people in my tour group tend to burst out laughing when our guide talked about the book "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich von Dainiken. This was the guy who thinks Nazca was a landing strip for aliens who lived on the planet thousands of years ago. More mainstream scholars think the Nazca Lines could have been an irrigation system or could be based on constellations.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/15 , edited 8/22/15
Ridiculous.Any entity that resides in this dimension/universe is a resident and just because one visits a piece of rock orbiting this star doesn't make them aliens.Only the territorial and egotistical people of Earth would refer to them as aliens.We're nothing important and considering the distances involved the likelihood of a prior visit is highly dubious.
6285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
The whole premise is false based upon the flawed assumption that ancient peoples "could not" have done something so there must be a more fantastic explanation. Frankly I think Ancient Aliens alone shows off just how untrue this is because they show that major construction projects are actually kinda common across 10k years of human history.

And its always stone, one wonders why the aliens use such primitive methodology if they were so advanced. No tell me no tales about slave labor, even if for some reason they built in stone why waste manpower supervising stupid monkeys when those men could be using you know modern or better level machinery to get the job done. Don't even get me started on the crap that's actually supposed to do something, like why build a freaking navigation beacon out of stone (a claim made of leylines) when you have a freaking spaceship. Leave something in orbit and GPS that crap.

Oh and ever notice how these folks never question Greek and Roman feats of engineering or the like? Clearly its not exotic a locale enough for them to even consider if you ask me, but its well they don't since a fair bit of that tends to have say records of how Latinius Longnamius comissioned the building of a new vomitorium in yada-yada year.

Strange though that the aliens helped out the Egyptians but then sat on their bums in their UFOs for a couple thousand years before hopping over to the New World showing the Mayans method more simplistic then what the Romans had done centuries before. Course I doubt such a notion ever enters the mind of a Ancient Aliens sort, actually doing math would be applying reason and analysis which is the opposite of their hijinks.


ZenZaku wrote:

What if we're the aliens?

Like we're a colony ship shot out from a distant mother world to save a certain sect of the population. Or our distant ancestor was or something.


Fossil record and genetic studies make that basically impossible. It lacks even the veneer of "could of happened" plausiblity that ancient aliens has since it can be actively disproved. We shouldn't be 98% chimp for just a small example to say nothing of sharing the basic 4 limb+head+tail pattern of all land chordates. Unless you meant panspermia where the initial pond scum arrived on a meteor and all life is actually alien barring some microorganisms maybe.

Actual humans you need either to first disprove genetics outright. Or explain why molecular biochemistry makes humanity a chemical inevitability that is must arise on any planet that develops life with enough time so that there are no other possiblities for intelligent life... and then demonstrate how homo sapiens sapiens originate from an extremely small genepool in a very limited location that then interbred with natives like Neanderthals, Denisovans, and the killed those Hobbits. Then you have finally reached the "could have happened" stage of speculation without evidence.
20904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
Yes yes yes and my grand children will watch an official touhou anime and Fate stay night on the west, bust mostly I will belive on alines and HF3 due on next decade.
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/15 , edited 8/22/15

jeanius- wrote:
Although I am glad to hear you gave up on religion, your basis was loose at best. Giving up on something because of the Phoenix Lights is as silly as those stupid idiots that killed themselves during H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.


I was going to put this on the History Trivia thread, but it didn't seem like history--
Fact is, there WERE no panic or suicides during the broadcast: There were a number of understandably concerned calls to police stations in the local NY/NJ area, that prompted them to alert NBC and obligate Welles to offer his disclaimer, but otherwise, the streets were as clear as usual.
The stories of "Panic in the streets" were largely invented by the newspaper press, as radio news was just becoming a thing in the pre-war 30's, the newspaper industry thought they'd be a fatal competitor, and started spreading fear stories about how "irresponsible" radio journalism was. (We went through sort of the same mindset with TV news in the early 70's.)

As for Ancient Aliens, most of that--and the entire UFO Fever of the 70's--was started by the book and movie of "Chariots of the Gods?" which was written not by a professional archeologist, but by a biased pro-UFO hobby-dabbler on vacation at the various locations, and is fairly riddled with goofy scientific mistakes. (Not to mention howlingly bad logic, most of it of the "Science hasn't yet explained it--See, see??" variety.)
I can't go into them right now, but James Randi's done volumes on the subject.
toxxin 
43361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
Of course aliens exist, to be so conceited to think we're the only intelligent life is probably why they haven't announced themselves to us. Now I'm not a proponent of the ancient aliens theory because they focus on the wrong things most of the time. Puma Punku (If youre familiar with it) is quite possible when thousands of people dedicate their lives, their children's lives, etc. to completing one thing. The thing that really bothers me about the ancient aliens theory is it assumes that ancient man was incapable of building the monuments we see just because we've lost the technology and skill to do so.

That said, some things they say do make sense, usually when they talk about something completely unrelated to aliens. I saw one episode of Ancient Aliens where they mentioned the sphinx' head is rather small and the body isn't shaped the way a Lions body should be, they went on to say that in all likelihood the Sphinx was originally a Jackal/ the god Anubis guarding the tombs of the Pharaohs. It literally has nothing to do with the ancient aliens theory but it is plausible.
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
If we had 10,000 more years to dick around then we'd probably be flyin' around making all sorts of space messes too....
33373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 8/22/15


reptilian race is real, hide in the hollow world, the entrance is located at the poles. And they come from planet x.
Posted 8/22/15
I think the theories and ideas are interesting to think about. It's pretty naive / conceited to think we're the only intelligent beings in the universe. It's also pretty astounding to find how little credit we give ancient civilizations.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
The US Airforce has admitted that several sightings and crashes were their own experimental craft. This is both likely and plausible. Another thing to consider: have you ever seen that documentary series "Life After People"? It is put together by scientists and was aired on the History channel. They go over how long it would take for almost every sign of modern life to vanish. It only takes about 400 years for almost everything modern to be virtually undetectable. We could very easily have had fairly advanced societies that were crushed by disaster. There are even unverified historical accounts from ancient times about precisely that happening. While it is almost guaranteed that alien life influenced the earth (they found very compelling signs of Earth type life on a comet after all), it was most likely not intelligent life.

The data almost guarantees life elsewhere in the universe. It does not guarantee anything about how advanced it is. Jupiter acts like a huge shield and cosmic vacuum, protecting the earth. Most systems do not have a gas giant that far out, it is very rare apparently. Our moon also helps protect us. Large enough disasters to prevent the factors that lead to intelligent life are thought to be fairly common for most distant worlds. As others have mentioned, there is also the fact that other life may not want contact yet. Another possibility is that they may not really recognize us as life because it is possible they are that different from us (so we wouldn't recognize them either).

I am comfortable with the assumption that life exists elsewhere. I am also pretty comfortable saying that intelligent life probably exists elsewhere. The idea that they have visited us? I think it is possible, but I think it is unlikely.
10633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
kid: mom, where did we come from?
mom: aliens.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bullhead City, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/22/15

Ejanss wrote:


jeanius- wrote:
Although I am glad to hear you gave up on religion, your basis was loose at best. Giving up on something because of the Phoenix Lights is as silly as those stupid idiots that killed themselves during H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.


I was going to put this on the History Trivia thread, but it didn't seem like history--
Fact is, there WERE no panic or suicides during the broadcast: There were a number of understandably concerned calls to police stations in the local NY/NJ area, that prompted them to alert NBC and obligate Welles to offer his disclaimer, but otherwise, the streets were as clear as usual.
The stories of "Panic in the streets" were largely invented by the newspaper press, as radio news was just becoming a thing in the pre-war 30's, the newspaper industry thought they'd be a fatal competitor, and started spreading fear stories about how "irresponsible" radio journalism was. (We went through sort of the same mindset with TV news in the early 70's.)

As for Ancient Aliens, most of that--and the entire UFO Fever of the 70's--was started by the book and movie of "Chariots of the Gods?" which was written not by a professional archeologist, but by a biased pro-UFO hobby-dabbler on vacation at the various locations, and is fairly riddled with goofy scientific mistakes. (Not to mention howlingly bad logic, most of it of the "Science hasn't yet explained it--See, see??" variety.)
I can't go into them right now, but James Randi's done volumes on the subject.


Hmm perhaps you're right. Maybe I got it confused with the Battle of Los Angeles? I could of swore there was some UFO-related event that caused people to think they'd rather die then serve their new Grey overlords.
Jeansy 
2088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/15 , edited 8/22/15

ZenZaku wrote:

What if we're the aliens?

Like we're a colony ship shot out from a distant mother world to save a certain sect of the population. Or our distant ancestor was or something.


Not as strange as you think, A lot of species on this planet can look at the sun and not squint, but not us, almost as if our bodies we're meant for lower light levels.

Also crazy drawings like this exist which, just defy explanation
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.