First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Ancient Aliens theory
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/23/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I don't believe in aliens either. I mean, c'mon. the universe is huge, and there are amateurs with telescopes watching the skies 24/7. Even if the aliens agreed to visit earth via cloaked devices... what they never made a mistake for 100 years? It's not just that, if everyone on an alien planet has an interstellar aircraft, then teen aliens would do stupid stuff like try to visit Earth and break the rules. Don't tell me they've got an uber obedient society...

I believe aliens are just the new meta for spirits. Way back when, spirits appeared in people's dreams, and also appeared physically, did this and htat blahblah. Well, now that religion is now on the down, and science is on the up, spirits have to find better, creative ways of messing with humans (age-old war). So, heeeeeeeey now they're aliens :D.

There's even proof of this lol. Most people who are experiencing abductions by X alien race -- their "abductions" are somehow stopped when they start employing spiritual defensive techniques. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?! Well, obviously.

I think if aliens existed, we'd know. We're watching for the smallest radio wave from any planet -_-. I know our tech isn't that sophisticated, but if they ever ever at least once, used radio waves in their planet's whole existence, then we'd detect it someday when it reaches us. So far we've found nothing.

Tl;dr: aliens are extradimensional beings (spirits), and not from another planet.


Oh ya that makes sense. Instead of there being life in the vastness of our universe, its instead in another dimension. Because that's so much more plausible >.>


Yeah man. That's right up there with psychics existing, spirits existing, and religion in general. Totally plausible.



Well they have already found basic life on other planets so I'm more inclined to believe intelligent beings exist in our universe.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/23/15

Bearbudah wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


idk lol, you said "no one steals F16s, therefore your imagination is incomprehensibly limited" and then I show you one example, but you're still at it :D.

Let me connect the dots. so F16s haven't been around as long as UFOs, so that means UFO technology isn't as "new" as F16 technology in alien time point of views. Idk, it's like, uhh... ships. So we've had ships longer than F16s, so they're more accessible than F16s. Kinda refuting your point.

Bro.



First of all, I never spoke in absolutes, I merely suggested that your imagination must be incredibly limited if that's the extend of it, read it again carefully if that didn't seem clear enough to you. Secondly I never said no one has ever stolen an F-16 before, I simply implied that it's not a common event to put it mildly, on top of that, no one can just take one of those off the landing site without having any knowledge on how to fly one, the article of the guy you linked, was a trained pilot... Not an adolescent or a teenager.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm seriously starting to doubt your ability to comprehend simple English, so congrats on making an argument that has absolutely no footing in what I was referring to...


Bro if you can't respond to evidence against your claims with nothing more than insults, then maybe you shouldn't be posting on forums... idk.

20786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/15 , edited 8/23/15

lambofgenesis wrote:
Bro if you can't respond to evidence against your claims with nothing more than insults, then maybe you shouldn't be posting on forums... idk.

What insults? And what evidence? are you delusional or just flat out trolling?
Posted 8/23/15 , edited 8/23/15
I haven't given the Ancient alien theory much consideration tbh. If only i had an elongated skull...
Posted 8/23/15 , edited 8/23/15
"Aliens"

1255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 8/23/15 , edited 8/23/15

jeanius- wrote:

I think it's asinine thinking to assume that we are alone in the universe. It's simply too big for us. Even if we had the technology to travel at the speed of light, we would not be able to explore the entire universe before the universes' theorized end.

Whether or not aliens are visiting Earth however is a different story. I may be inclined to believe in abductions and crap like that if they happened to important people, not just Billy-Bob, liquored up and hot off his cousin in some backwater town.


My thoughts exactly! How arrogant does the human race have to be to think we are the only ones in this vast vast universe? Like jeanius said it would be asinine to think this way. This planet is a baby compared to everything else out there.
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/15 , edited 9/2/15
There's a fine line between a belief in aliens in general and a belief that aliens have visited Earth in the past. The universe is so incredibly vast that it is impossible that the development of life on Earth was a unique occurrence. However, this also works against ancient aliens theory at the same time because the universe is so incomprehensibly huge. The odds of finding a tiny rock that happens to have life is infinitesimally small, even with state-of-the-art technology. Then, of course, there's the issue of space travel. Unless you're just assuming that there is an advanced civilization in the vicinity of our solar system, simply getting to earth would take millennia. Simply put, ancient aliens theory requires so many unsupportable assumptions that it can be defeated by a simple application of Occam's Razor.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/15
I believe they have visited. But I think the conspiracy's surrounding governments knowing something about them only hold so much weight. The reason being, I don't think even the governments really know what they are or why they visited.

But to put this in perspective as to why we don't see them on a day to day basis as a famous physicist theorists once said.

"You see a red ant hill, do you get close to it?"
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 8/23/15

ZenZaku wrote:

What if we're the aliens?

Like we're a colony ship shot out from a distant mother world to save a certain sect of the population. Or our distant ancestor was or something.


Actually there was a science fiction short story that touched on that subject, I forget the title, but it went something like this: Aliens crash landed on a planet, and eventually started having sexual relations with a semi-intelligent bi-pedal indigenous animal. The ending was that the resulting offspring was the beginning of the human race.

So maybe the aliens are our ancestors.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/24/15 , edited 8/24/15
I don't think earth has been visited by aliens.


That said, Sumeria, the foundation of human civilization, sprang up from nothing. Overnight. With a language completely unrelated to any other.

Written language, agriculture, the wheel, structured society. All in the literal blink of an eye. All without drawing on any outside culture. I would love to know the truth behind the pre-flood portion of the Book of Kings.
gsm642 
1417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 9/2/15
one of the big reason that the ancient astronaut theory is looked down upon is because the text books would have to be re written the human race is much older than what we been taught most likely by millions of years if not more and that the creation mythology is wrong which means the bible is wrong and what hundreds of millions of people believe in is also wrong and there would be mass unrest if it were ever confirmed that because it means that there is no god and religion has no bases and that nothing we do matters and we can pretty much do what we want. There is also another major religion that the ancient astronaut theory challenges but I for got which one there are also a lot of oral traditions passed down that challenge the creation mythology and that the human race is far older than what we are being taught but it is dismissed as nonsense because history would need to be rewritten and people don't like change and are slow to accept and adapt to it
AX-9 
6810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 8/25/15
There are some odd places that are hard to explain like puma punku. With its H shaped stone pillars. And a few other oddity's that don't make any since of how it was built in that time line. Was it Aliens? Na.....
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/26/15 , edited 9/2/15

gsm642 wrote:
which means the bible is wrong


A lot of people would be surprised just how much of the bible is based on Sumerian mythology. The great flood, for example, is the demarcation line in the Book of Kings for the antediluvian period.

Posted 8/26/15


@gsm642 or it could be the aliens wrote the bible to sabotage humanity from the truth of beyond, enter Drake equation.
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/15
Aliens were involved in ancient architecture including the pyramids.

Are these people high?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.