First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Pyro Island
Posted 8/26/15
Shaking her head,
she answered modestly,
"I'm a performer- part time." Zeva says,
"And a model the other times."
"Whatever I can do to make a living, honestly."


Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/26/15
"I can relate to that." Supplies don't buy themselves. Whenever Daria was running low on money, she did and legitimate work she could find. And she could tell Zeva was cut out for the work she said she did. "Sometimes you just have to take what you can get."
Posted 8/26/15
Zeva smiled kindly.
"Yes," She beckons with heart.
With the twist of her body,
she gently leaps from the stool she once sat upon,
and turned her eyes to the madam before her.
"It was certainly nice to meet you."
"But I must be going soon."


Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/26/15
It was nice meeting you, too. Maybe I'll see you again before I head out." Daria nodded. Of course she would. Zeva said that she was a regular here, and Daria would want another one of these drinks before she left town. She took the final sip from her cup. Thanks again for this." She slightly raised her cup.
Posted 8/27/15
Nodding, she spoke eagerly,
"No problem." She said,
with a broadening smile,
and from there,
she left the vicinity of the cafe.


Member
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rift Bar, chillin...
Offline
Posted 8/29/15


As Aldairs and Isi walk on the path leading to the town near Pyron''s home, Aldaris contemplated on what to do after they grab some supplies. The pace of their travel, the possible dangers they may encounter, and even the very land they'll visit all equate to how they would proceed and what supplies they'll need in the coming days. "I'm not wanting on the matters of supplies but maybe a few bullets and a couple of upgrades from the smiths would do me some good. What about you? Do you need anything specific at the markets, shops and smiths?"
Member
827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Amestris
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
"Yes I do actually. First, we'll both need cloaks to conceal our faces at time. I'll need to get my blade fans again since I wasn't able to grab them when I left home as well as some new clothes and food for both of us. The clothes is just so that when we have to get into the Earth Tribe we look at least a little different. We will need really simple peasant clothes since we will need to seem like husband and wife so that it isn't suspicious. Oh! and a hat for me. I'll need to hide the fact that I have ears and a tail of a wolf. Nyx has a thing for girls like that. I hope you don't mind posing as husband and wife for a little bit." Isi looked over at him to make sure he was okay with that. She giggled, "Don't worry we won't actually have to do anything, just make it look like it if that's what you're worried about."
Member
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rift Bar, chillin...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15


Aldaris blinked after hearing the words husband and wife. He sighed softly before nodding. He understood the situation perfectly enough. He remembered a lot of occasions he was subjected to using disguises and aliases in his training exercises as a fledgling hunter. "It's alright, Isi. I don't mind. As long as our journey wouldn't run in to any complications from the locals, then I'm alright with it. I know a blacksmith that can help with your weapon, he was one of my teachers so he would do this as a favor from his prized student. Also there is a shop that sells a variety of clothing for a good price, we could get our cloaks, change of clothes and a decent hat there. After that," He paused. he was unsure for a minute before continuing, "can we visit my grandfather? At around this time of day he would be by the town plaza. If you're wondering how we'll know he's there...trust me, you can't miss him."
Member
827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Amestris
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
"Okay! Sounds good and how about I do most of the shopping, you get the weapons, and then we'll go to meet your grandfather. Just be careful. People don't know me around here but I'm not to sure about you."
Member
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rift Bar, chillin...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15


"As long as any of us won't be running into any of my other family, I--no--we'll be fine. If you encounter any of them besides my grandfather, all I can say is make yourself scarce. Those...people...are vile against those who aren't Fire benders. So please, be careful." His voice conveyed the gravity of the situation. If they did encounter anyone it may result in a bloody fight.

He looked at her again before asking, "Do you need any money to buy for the supplies? Do yo need anything else from the smiths besides the fans?" He was always taught to be prepared. Maybe he could commission a dagger to be forged for her so she can have something else other then a couple of battle fans. That sounds like a good idea to him.
Member
827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Amestris
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
"Hmm two daggers would also be helpful." Isi said, echoing his thoughts. She nodded her head at his warnings, understanding to be careful and small. That was something she was good at, "Oh and no I have money with me. You?" Isi was looking around at her surroundings, making sure they were not being watch or anything. She had always been a bit paranoid where ever she went.
Member
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rift Bar, chillin...
Offline
Posted 9/1/15


"I'm alright on funds as well." He answered as his eyes scanned the people around them. They really have to be careful around here. He wasn't sure anymore whether or not his accursed family were there among the bustling crowd. He really didn't want to leave his companion behind if they were close by.

He grabbed a spare pistol from his satchel and handed it to Isi. He really doesn't want to take any chances. "Take this...at least to appease my troubled spirit. This would buy you some time to get to safety or get a got hit against them if they try something."
Member
827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Amestris
Offline
Posted 9/1/15
Casey cringed at the sight of the weapon, "Uh... I'm okay. I can handle myself, I can fight with or with out weapons so don't worry. I'll make myself scarce as you said. The first thing I'll buy is the clothes so that I can cover my tail and ears so I don't draw attention and then I'll get the rest quickly. Whats our meeting spot?"
Member
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Rift Bar, chillin...
Offline
Posted 9/1/15 , edited 9/1/15


Aldaris nods his head before returning the weapon. He made a quick survey of the area before looking at her in the eyes. The way she cringed at the sight of his pistol gave him an idea she was averse with them. He'll have to be talk to her about this at a later time. "Alright, we'll be meeting at the town plaza just by the grand fountain. From there we'll be meeting with my grandfather at the designated location. I've already said this but...keep safe Isi." He said, his voice dripping with concern. He really didn't want his new found friend getting hurt in a city like this.

After being sure that nothing would go wrong, he slowly made his way through the crowd. His destination clear in mind, the smithy would be just by the far-end of the market district. It's been a long time since he saw the old smith. In his mind, he hopes the old man would still be alright. He was his dear mentor after all.
Member
827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Amestris
Offline
Posted 9/1/15

thunderlord wrote:





Isi made her way through the shops, making sure to keep her head down and hide anything different about her. She dodged into a clothing shop, buying the clothes that were the least expensive and commoner looking she could find as well as belts to conceal or hold weapons. Isi quickly paid for everything and walked out of the store, now wearing a beanie type hat to conceal her ears. She successfully made it to the food section, buying food that could last them a while when she felt a distant feeling of nervousness. Looking around, she found someone staring daggers at her, making direct eye contact and standing in the middle of the walk way. Isi made a squeaking noise and slowly and as causally as she could, picked up her bag of food and clothing and walked away. She felt that same nervousness all down the street, the thinning of the crowd was making her even more jumpy. She quickly dodged into an ally and found a quick route up to the roof top, making it up and hiding there. Isi let out a breath as she heard footsteps enter the alley way below. They stopped and turned back around, she was safe for now... Hopefully.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.