First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Windwake Mountains
Posted 8/24/15

The_Ond wrote:

Daria couldn't help but be a little disappointed. It was always good to have company. "That's okay. And I was a mess when I first left, too." She laughed a bit, but it was obviously at herself. "You'll get the hang of it." She wondered where she would go next. Like usual, she'd probably just take whichever road struck her fancy. "Who knows? Maybe we'll meet again sometime."


"You were a mess when you started? and now your not?" Lucin looked a little disappointed "Well I um started a little over 5 years ago, and I'm still a mess, you must adapt quick, or maybe it's you didn't live in an isolated village for 12 years." he sighed "Well see you around, and I'm sorry you couldn't join me, It's just that I don't tru- Uhh I mean I'm staying here awhile." dang it I just blew my cover, and now she'll find out, and think I'm rude.

Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
Daria silently listened while he spoke. He had been alone for five years and still said he had trouble? She was surprised. It had taken her just under a year to adapt to her current way of living. Of course, she was a little more trusting than he seemed to be. "I guess I did. Though there's nothing to be sorry about. It's no skin off my back. Just hoping for a little company is all." She smiled to reassure him. If he wasn't comfortable around her, he should've just told her.
Posted 8/24/15

The_Ond wrote:

Daria silently listened while he spoke. He had been alone for five years and still said he had trouble? She was surprised. It had taken her just under a year to adapt to her current way of living. Of course, she was a little more trusting than he seemed to be. "I guess I did. Though there's nothing to be sorry about. It's no skin off my back. Just hoping for a little company is all." She smiled to reassure him. If he wasn't comfortable around her, he should've just told her.


Lucin gave a light smile, "No, no I was in the wrong, If you want me to travel with you, I guess I could." He sighed "It's just my father told me never trust a human because they lie, cheat, and steal from each other, but you seem nice. I uh wouldn't mind traveling with you." I might have to leave a little early, but it's worth it to make companions
Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
Daria was surprised to hear him bring up something like that. Every race does that stuff. Her eyes became soft and she said "Not all of us are like that." Then she smiled. "That's nice of you to say. But if you're not comfortable around humans, you don't have to force yourself to come with me."
Posted 8/24/15

The_Ond wrote:

Daria was surprised to hear him bring up something like that. Every race does that stuff. Her eyes became soft and she said "Not all of us are like that." Then she smiled. "That's nice of you to say. But if you're not comfortable around humans, you don't have to force yourself to come with me."


Lucin gave a smile "I may not be comfortable, but I'm trying to stop being so timid, ya know? So I feel if I got with you I can meet many different people, like you said, they're not all bad." He grinned "Well if I'm going to be a burden, then I might as well just leave now."
Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
Get with me? Daria thought his choice of words was a bit strange, but she was pleased with his decision. "If you've been traveling for five years, you might be the one pulling me along." Given how he was talking about himself, she wasn't sure if that would be true. But it was important to keep moral up. "Today is my last shift here, so we'll be leaving tomorrow at the earliest. I'll handle food, but you'll have to make sure you have everything else you'll need." She thought for a moment. "I can comfortably afford to stay here an extra day if you want. You said you wanted to stay for a bit, so it's your call."
Posted 8/24/15

The_Ond wrote:

Get with me? Daria thought his choice of words was a bit strange, but she was pleased with his decision. "If you've been traveling for five years, you might be the one pulling me along." Given how he was talking about himself, she wasn't sure if that would be true. But it was important to keep moral up. "Today is my last shift here, so we'll be leaving tomorrow at the earliest. I'll handle food, but you'll have to make sure you have everything else you'll need." She thought for a moment. "I can comfortably afford to stay here an extra day if you want. You said you wanted to stay for a bit, so it's your call."


Lucin shook his head "Staying another day is unnecessary, and especially with your money" He grinned "Well if you do have extra money you should use it for luxury on the road." He thought for a minute "Do you have a backpack? I like to store stuff in easily accessible areas." Let's see water, clothes, a tent, an ax, and bucket. I think I have everything prepared, now I just have to wait for tomorrow.
Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
"Great! We leave tomorrow, then." Daria did agree that luxuries were nice to have, she preferred having extra money for supplies. There was no guarantee that every town she stopped in would have work for her, so saving ahead was a necessity. "I do have a backpack, but it's not very big. I like to travel light." She wasn't going to say it, but she wondered if money troubles and overpacking were why he couldn't get the hang of being a wanderer. "By the way, I don't think I've told you my name. I'm Daria. Daria Doyle." She smiled and held her hand out for him to shake. In a way, it was as much a test as it was a polite gesture. If his fear kept him from shaking her hand, he wouldn't last on the road with her.
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 8/25/15

The_Ond wrote:

"Great! We leave tomorrow, then." Daria did agree that luxuries were nice to have, she preferred having extra money for supplies. There was no guarantee that every town she stopped in would have work for her, so saving ahead was a necessity. "I do have a backpack, but it's not very big. I like to travel light." She wasn't going to say it, but she wondered if money troubles and overpacking were why he couldn't get the hang of being a wanderer. "By the way, I don't think I've told you my name. I'm Daria. Daria Doyle." She smiled and held her hand out for him to shake. In a way, it was as much a test as it was a polite gesture. If his fear kept him from shaking her hand, he wouldn't last on the road with her.


Lucin grabbed her hand, and shook it. "Nice to meet ya Daria, I'm Lucin Levi, an adventurer!" Lucin grinned "What's wrong with a little extra packing, I always have shelter, food, and water, plus it makes adventuring fun!" I hope she's not startled, but this happens every time I make, a friend, and it only scares them away Lucin jumped out the door, and started dodging people as he ran like the wind, he shouted back "I'll see you tomorrow."
Moderator
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 8/25/15
Daria was glad that he shook her hand. She had a feeling that this would work out. "Nice to meet you, Lucin." She watched him rush out the door and dart through the street. She was still worried about overpacking, but supposed that don't survive by themselves for five years without knowing what they're doing. She sighed. After she finished her shift, she would have to buy supplies and make sure her equipment was in peak condition. If she wanted a good night's sleep before leaving, she wouldn't have very long to relax after work.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.