First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Anyone else enjoy being alone?
Cellf 
5821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
If I could spend all of my time alone, I would.
5353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
I enjoy being alone very much. It's negative for me though because I'm in a relationship. I love her so much and want to make her happy, but I don't spend so much time alone anymore and it is actually vexing. But, now when I am alone, I also find that I'm doing nothing but thinking about her...

Being a loner in love is confusing.
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

SamieSlushie wrote:

I enjoy being alone very much. It's negative for me though because I'm in a relationship. I love her so much and want to make her happy, but I don't spend so much time alone anymore and it is actually vexing. But, now when I am alone, I also find that I'm doing nothing but thinking about her...

Being a loner in love is confusing.


My husband and I are both introverts, so we have perfected the art of 'being alone together'. We do spend time together, but when we're tired of social interactions we usually just cuddle and watch something on Crunchy Roll of Netflix. Eventually it got to the point that spending time with my husband no longer counts as a social interaction because I'm so comfortable with him.
6983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
I go to college and enjoy spending my time alone.
However some people say that social interactions help you make better grades. However, it all depends on what type of person you form an alliance with. You can either be a good influence or a bad influence to your friend. Or your friend can be either a good or bad influence towards you.
5353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/24/15 , edited 8/24/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:


SamieSlushie wrote:

I enjoy being alone very much. It's negative for me though because I'm in a relationship. I love her so much and want to make her happy, but I don't spend so much time alone anymore and it is actually vexing. But, now when I am alone, I also find that I'm doing nothing but thinking about her...

Being a loner in love is confusing.


My husband and I are both introverts, so we have perfected the art of 'being alone together'. We do spend time together, but when we're tired of social interactions we usually just cuddle and watch something on Crunchy Roll of Netflix. Eventually it got to the point that spending time with my husband no longer counts as a social interaction because I'm so comfortable with him.


Thank you for this! I think we got that down pretty well too... But we are a long distance relationship. The few times we get to see each other, it's so lovely. I love being quiet in close vicinity. But we need to communicate more now, that's the essence of surviving long distance. But I will definitely remember this. ^~^
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

SamieSlushie wrote:


Thank you for this! I think we got that down pretty well too... But we are a long distance relationship. The few times we get to see each other, it's so lovely. I love being quiet in close vicinity. But we need to communicate more now, that's the essence of surviving long distance. But I will definitely remember this. ^~^


Ah, yes, long distance would be hard for an introvert. My husband and I only ever talk to each other on the phone when we need to, and it was the same way when we were dating because we are not very good at phone talking. I'm sure it's like any skill though, with some practice it gets easier. Good luck! ^_^
23686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 8/24/15 , edited 8/24/15
nope




benefits of having thousands of connections > alone



wait read op's post wrong


yeyeye reading, playing violin, etc
193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/24/15 , edited 8/24/15
I love being with lots of friends, but being alone is the absolute best! Diving into a new book, winding down and watching a horror movie or some anime, awkwardly singing along to old songs I like...totally awesome. ♥
5353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

Gyava wrote:

nope




benefits of having thousands of connections > alone


I would like to take the time to point out that enjoying being alone doesn't mean that you don't have social skills. I would like to say that I have pretty good social skills, I just find it detestable to spend too much time around others. On that note, I have lots of "connections," I just don't talk to them if I don't have to! .o.
5353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:


SamieSlushie wrote:


Thank you for this! I think we got that down pretty well too... But we are a long distance relationship. The few times we get to see each other, it's so lovely. I love being quiet in close vicinity. But we need to communicate more now, that's the essence of surviving long distance. But I will definitely remember this. ^~^


Ah, yes, long distance would be hard for an introvert. My husband and I only ever talk to each other on the phone when we need to, and it was the same way when we were dating because we are not very good at phone talking. I'm sure it's like any skill though, with some practice it gets easier. Good luck! ^_^


It is going well so far. I just find that she sometimes thinks she doesn't make me happy because of my mostly reserved nature. O contraire, I am very happy. Even if I'm silent. Thank you for the luck. Hopefully it takes me far!
23686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

SamieSlushie wrote:


ya i fixed it like a min after i posted

thought he meant antisocial > social
43982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
I do need alone time because I get overwhelmed and exhausted being around a lot of people for a long time. Other than that no I'd rather not be alone.
5353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/24/15

Gyava wrote:


SamieSlushie wrote:


ya i fixed it like a min after i posted

thought he meant antisocial > social


Ohhh, okay! I guess I was too quick. Lol.
12089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
Well it depends on the situation i'm in. If i'm in a crowded place with lots of people, for example school I wouldn't like to be alone. Seeing other people in groups with friends would make me feel lonely. But when i'm in my house or someplace with no people around I dont really care to be alone. I find it relaxing because I dont have to please anyone and just do whatever I want with no one bothering me.
6372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/24/15
I hate being alone and I hate being around other people.
WHAT TO DO?!
*Head blows up*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.