First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply It seems like herbivore men aren't only people becoming uninterested.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
It seems like herbivore men aren't only people becoming uninterested. Women in Japan are becoming less interested in even kissing! More Japanese are become less interested in children. Will this be a problem for Japan's future?

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/08/05/young-japanese-women-becoming-less-interested-in-sex-survey-says/
48555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
It already is a problem

Japan’s population has shrunk for the fourth year running, falling back to a level it was last at in 2000, the government said. More than one in four people are now 65 or older.

The population dropped by 0.17%, or 215,000 people, to 127,083,000 as of 1 October last year, according to the data released on Friday. The figure includes long-staying foreigners.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/18/japanese-population-falls-to-15-year-low
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 8/25/15
Isn't this due to the fact women rather have jobs & work rather than being a housewife?

I can see that, since apparently Japanese folk are often overworked & get so little as well.
Of course they don't want a child if that's the case.
20904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 8/25/15
Don't forget it strict migration politics too, Japanese population will decrease slowly.
Posted 8/25/15

IngramIV wrote:

Don't forget it strict migration politics too, Japanese population will decrease slowly.

Yeah that contributes to the problem a lot as well imo.
16295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Midland, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
I don't see anything wrong with this, less population = more opportunity for everyone else. Also cities are packed, the last thing they want to do is to keep increasing population. They also have a great immigration policy for a county that wants to maintain its unique homogeneous identity.
Also, this is what a higher standard of living does, it decreases the need to populate. I think the rest of the world should see this as an example of what they should strive to achieve.
91529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
Now if we could get child birth rates decreasing in china/india/africa that would be great.Since the pressure will blow to some direction at some point.
bhl88 
75213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
Except if the population continues to decrease too much...
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/15

Jan- wrote:

Now if we could get child birth rates decreasing in china/india/africa that would be great.Since the pressure will blow to some direction at some point.


The US too, bro. J/s.

I think Japan's reached the pinnacle of 1st world society - it's even solved its overpop crisis.

I mean, it's really f************** easy to make babies. It's harder not to make them, right? Every single other country in the world is dealing with some sort of population thingy. Japan's got it down pat
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/25/15

archersea9 wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with this, less population = more opportunity for everyone else. Also cities are packed, the last thing they want to do is to keep increasing population. They also have a great immigration policy for a county that wants to maintain its unique homogeneous identity.
Also, this is what a higher standard of living does, it decreases the need to populate. I think the rest of the world should see this as an example of what they should strive to achieve.


The problem is that the age distribution is off? You can't just have this kind of, frankly, rapid decrease in population, particularly since already we can see its effects. If 1 of 4 people is a senior at this point, you have 25% of your population creating a strain on the government services, that being healthcare and other social programming. While yes, we should be striving for what is called Zero Net Population Growth, a decrease of this magnitude is not a good growth policy. In fact this is a nice preview of what we can expect in the next decade or so as in the west, our baby boomers begin to retire in greater numbers, people who while coming from large families, only had a couple of children themselves.

Basically, while we don't really want a huge population jump, this is also not ideal.

17767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
It seems like in Japan its family or work, not both.
91529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 8/25/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Jan- wrote:

Now if we could get child birth rates decreasing in china/india/africa that would be great.Since the pressure will blow to some direction at some point.


The US too, bro. J/s.

I think Japan's reached the pinnacle of 1st world society - it's even solved its overpop crisis.

I mean, it's really f************** easy to make babies. It's harder not to make them, right? Every single other country in the world is dealing with some sort of population thingy. Japan's got it down pat :D


Finland is in same situation kid of as japan,the only way to get population/birth rate rising would be to take in more immigrants. Dont' know about pinnacle part,kinda 1 or 2 trick pony.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/15 , edited 8/25/15
theyre more interested on panty shots than the actual thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLq1qG_ak
16295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Midland, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/25/15

LITVoid wrote:


archersea9 wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with this, less population = more opportunity for everyone else. Also cities are packed, the last thing they want to do is to keep increasing population. They also have a great immigration policy for a county that wants to maintain its unique homogeneous identity.
Also, this is what a higher standard of living does, it decreases the need to populate. I think the rest of the world should see this as an example of what they should strive to achieve.


The problem is that the age distribution is off? You can't just have this kind of, frankly, rapid decrease in population, particularly since already we can see its effects. If 1 of 4 people is a senior at this point, you have 25% of your population creating a strain on the government services, that being healthcare and other social programming. While yes, we should be striving for what is called Zero Net Population Growth, a decrease of this magnitude is not a good growth policy. In fact this is a nice preview of what we can expect in the next decade or so as in the west, our baby boomers begin to retire in greater numbers, people who while coming from large families, only had a couple of children themselves.

Basically, while we don't really want a huge population jump, this is also not ideal.



I'm not sure how Japan does their healthcare programs, but I don't hear anything about it, so I assume it is mostly living with family. I haven't heard any news of younger generations complaining about the programs like we from North America do. Also, once the old generation dies off en-mass, which is what will come about for us, there is an ease of burden upon social programs. Japan has one of the highest standards of living if not the highest in the world because of their lifestyle choices which are reflected in their culture. Yes, it might hurt financially for a couple of decades, but after that the country should come out better than ever and more efficient than before. So, yes you are right that it will hurt economically and strain whatever kind of social service they have in their county, but they'll end up better because of their choices.

I believe the people of Japan are smart enough to make these decisions and people who become parents will be more dedicated to their family because of this choice. So in my eyes, the people of Japan are thinking their lives through a great deal more, and waiting to pursue having a family until becoming financially secure or deciding otherwise. These cultural qualities are not as prevalent in the west, so I think that this kind of event would hurt us a lot more.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/25/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I think Japan's reached the pinnacle of 1st world society - it's even solved its overpop crisis.


Yes. It's so good that it's citizens pass out on the way home from work, missing the chance to see their non-existent families. Then they get up, and go back to work every day until they die. Truly a great society to live in.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.