First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Bryce Williams and the Virginia Crew Shooting
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/27/15
Why is race always being involved? I swear to God, we haven't changed one bit since before slavery has ended.
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 8/27/15

AiYumega wrote:


Jikkle wrote:

Sad that this whole event will get trampled beneath gun control and race when it was just a sick bitter man taking it out on two innocent people.

So instead of focusing on better identifying and treating people that could potentially be dangerous and have problems the scum will use the event to advance their own agendas pretending to care.


He sued the station for racial discrimination. Race is very much involved in this.

And he's dead. Killed himself.


Well, he thought race was involved, but from what I've heard he was not easy to get along with, and supposedly "misbehaved" at one of the stations he worked at.

I had to work with a guy like that, he went out of his way to make life miserable for everybody, and then tried to blame them because they didn't like him, he couldn't accept the fact that it was his actions that were the reason nobody liked him.

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/27/15

ayesharocks wrote: Why is race always being involved? I swear to God, we haven't changed one bit since before slavery has ended.
Maybe so in the US, but they have alot of issues about such anyways...
here its "fine" only that there is about immigration and space/job issues like most part of the world (its full, please delete more billion giga bytes)

Sogno- 
45732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/27/15

anzn wrote:


mel823 wrote:

So the entire point of this post was to say black people are racist. Got it.

Pretty much.


um the original post says nothing to that effect he was just reporting an event, didn't even say a thing about race

now if others made that issue, then that's on them and not the OP

41690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/27/15 , edited 8/27/15

AiYumega wrote:


He sued the station for racial discrimination. Race is very much involved in this.

And he's dead. Killed himself.


The racial discrimination at the station case was dismissed and none of his allegations could be corroborated. No evidence could be found supporting his claims. So I have trouble seeing how race is involved. He appears to have a history of anger issues, looking for things to take offense to, and causing problems in the workplace. So the man was a very angry man who wanted to simply kill these people. Even if it was cause he was actually racially discriminated against, that does not give him an excuse for his actions.

http://wavy.com/2015/08/26/shots-fired-during-live-broadcast/


EDIT: I hope I understood your post correctly with as to what you were referring.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/15 , edited 8/27/15
No one should be murdered, but why is this more important than any other murder? Because they were news reporters?Middle class people on television? Unfortunately this kind of stuff happens to often to all types of people and will continue to happen.
42449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 8/27/15
And yet I keep waiting on the world to change.
Posted 8/27/15 , edited 8/27/15

Sogno- wrote:


anzn wrote:


mel823 wrote:

So the entire point of this post was to say black people are racist. Got it.

Pretty much.


um the original post says nothing to that effect he was just reporting an event, didn't even say a thing about race

now if others made that issue, then that's on them and not the OP


He jumped on it literally right after someone else did lol
Who deleted their post it seems
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/15

deadscreen wrote:

I kinda knew he would kill himself. and I saw the video he made. very weird and disturbing. the guy was just angry.

and as far as gun control, how can it get any better? will it be where we pick and choose who gets a gun? its just dumb people committing crimes. lets stop the sale of illegal firearms first


Country has a very real gun problem, but it can't be fixed. It's too ingrained into the "American culture"
All we can do is to lessen the effects of the problem.
637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/15
The amount of guns in the United States and how and when people use them can be fixed. It's just not an issue that has a simple solution right now because everyone has not agreed on a clear solution for it as of right now. What kind of solution people are looking for to stop this kind of is one I cannot answer, but I will say this:

Bryce Williams a.k.a Vester Lee Flanagan II should have been denied complete access to work for or to continue to apply for jobs in the field of journalism. If other stations he worked for saw him as a potentially, extremely dangerous person after dealing with him in their offices he should have been banned from this work field and put on a full restraining order to not approach such buildings or people. Had this been done in hindsight maybe nobody would be talking about this issue at all since he may have never gotten close enough to his former co-workers to hurt them like this.

It may have helped in lessening the damage he's caused. It is a tragedy this had to happen. I feel really bad for everyone that suffered from this.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/15

DragonFan1 wrote:

The amount of guns in the United States and how and when people use them can be fixed. It's just not an issue that has a simple solution right now because everyone has not agreed on a clear solution for it as of right now. What kind of solution people are looking for to stop this kind of is one I cannot answer, but I will say this:

Bryce Williams a.k.a Vester Lee Flanagan II should have been denied complete access to work for or to continue to apply for jobs in the field of journalism. If other stations he worked for saw him as a potentially, extremely dangerous person after dealing with him in their offices he should have been banned from this work field and put on a full restraining order to not approach such buildings or people. Had this been done in hindsight maybe nobody would be talking about this issue at all since he may have never gotten close enough to his former co-workers to hurt them like this.

It may have helped in lessening the damage he's caused. It is a tragedy this had to happen. I feel really bad for everyone that suffered from this.


I think people underestimate humans free will. If the only thing that you wanted to do was murder someone and then kill yourself, would anyone be able to stop you?We often talk about the ability to easily buy a gun, but if killing was your singular goal, whats $300-$500? If someone is willing to kill, they will find a way and their isn't much the government can do. This is a real problem in the United States and I'm not sure much can be done to fix it.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/27/15 , edited 8/27/15
Who cares? He's dead and just saved us a few tax dollars by taking care of himself. Crazy people are everywhere. I saw that video too. How do you not notice a guy with a gun that close to you? No one was around except the crew and the lady being interviewed from what I could see. He stood there for a few seconds before even doing anything. He also seemed nervous as hell too given his aim...
Posted 8/27/15
Better gun control sounds like the best solution but the thing is Americans are so emotionally attached to their firearms I bet they'll say that would be taking away their freedom & riot about it if it happens.
Posted 8/27/15
I heard that the lady said some racist remarks to him and he reported her
and no action was taken...
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 8/28/15

Gyava wrote:



Seven condoms could have prevented this


and no, I would've said the same thing if they were asian, white, or a tibetan mastiff


Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15

When white people still don't get it.
If that was tru nobody would be talking about this.
You guys only bring it up whenever people say the same thing about other races.

And now only brought it up because a black guy killed white folk.
He killed them because he blamed them for taking his job & saying he was discriminated against (which wasn't true).
Not because they were white.

Wow. You guys say people are always making it about race but then do the same things yourselves when its not even a race issue like 99.99% if the time if the victim happens to be white & the murderer is a PoC.

"What about white people??"
Like holy shit is it that hard to not think about yourselves for just a second?

I don't think you actually care about white lives.
You only bring it up in attempts to shut up PoC on actual racism issues.
Y'all don't want "peace". Just to not be bothered on others issues that you wanna deny.

Sigh.
When you can't take criticism just report to the mods.

Freddy96NO wrote:

Wow has BlackLivesMatter been allways had this horrible community?
Well I guess its "normal" standards but really?

The Truth About 'Black Lives Matter || Louder With Crowder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFpD-GR5kc

Nobody is gonna wanna watch a 21 minute video so I'll say it here.

The Truth About Black Lives Matter:
To raise awareness of police brutality, mainly among black folk.
That's it.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15

anzn wrote: He jumped on it literally right after someone else did lol
Who deleted their post it seems
Yeah his post was deleted and I just wanted to answer him with some content from louder with crowder about BLM because of some things that was shown they do and are known to do/create or/and beliving in.

I didn't say it was The Truth, but just something worth lissening to.
And it seems that the community isn't all that "clean" either, being a bit on the gun and in with the fire.
Posted 8/28/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


anzn wrote: He jumped on it literally right after someone else did lol
Who deleted their post it seems
Yeah his post was deleted and I just wanted to answer him with some content from louder with crowder about BLM because of some things that was shown they do and are known to do/create or/and beliving in.

I didn't say it was The Truth, but just something worth lissening to.
And it seems that the community isn't all that "clean" either, being a bit on the gun and in with the fire.

No community is that "clean" so.
As long as you don't listen to the fake twitter accounts & take things the wrong way you would get the idea and the general idea on what the community wants to do.
Which is not kill white people & say white lives matter or w/e
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/28/15

Jikkle wrote:

Sad that this whole event will get trampled beneath gun control and race when it was just a sick bitter man taking it out on two innocent people.

So instead of focusing on better identifying and treating people that could potentially be dangerous and have problems the scum will use the event to advance their own agendas pretending to care.


People do anything to push their agenda...
Posted 8/28/15

ayesharocks wrote:

Why is race always being involved? I swear to God, we haven't changed one bit since before slavery has ended.

White ppl: Stop making this about race ://
Also white people: This is a racism issue among us.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.