First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Can't Cancel Subscription?
3105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
I'm currently trying to stop recurring payments and cancel my membership temporarily, because I'm out of work and just need to hold back on the anime until I get a job again. Unfortunately, for more than a week now the site has been giving me an error where I can't change my subscription details via my profile, and when I try to directly stop recurring payments, it takes me to the survey about dropping membership, which I complete, and then gives me this message when I attempt to submit the form:


Thank you for your response!
You may not cancel your membership at this time.
Your membership will not be cancelled until you click below.


Needless to say, the button below is what doesn't work. I've tried on a couple of browsers, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, and I can't find any valid reason why I shouldn't be able to do this. I'm tempted to just cancel and drop it immediately, but I know it's 50/50 that won't work either, and then I'd also lose the last bit of this month, which I've already paid for. Is there something I'm missing?
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15

LevyLaFrost wrote:

I'm currently trying to stop recurring payments and cancel my membership temporarily, because I'm out of work and just need to hold back on the anime until I get a job again. Unfortunately, for more than a week now the site has been giving me an error where I can't change my subscription details via my profile, and when I try to directly stop recurring payments, it takes me to the survey about dropping membership, which I complete, and then gives me this message when I attempt to submit the form:


Thank you for your response!
You may not cancel your membership at this time.
Your membership will not be cancelled until you click below.


Needless to say, the button below is what doesn't work. I've tried on a couple of browsers, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, and I can't find any valid reason why I shouldn't be able to do this. I'm tempted to just cancel and drop it immediately, but I know it's 50/50 that won't work either, and then I'd also lose the last bit of this month, which I've already paid for. Is there something I'm missing?


Have you been paying directly through Cruncyroll (not ITunes)?

The most common thing (unless you are signed up through iTunes) that I've heard when this happens is that someone has a pending payment that's stopping them from canceling. Since it's been a while you should contact customer support directly to see what's up, since normally a pending payment clears in a day or two. Use the Contact Us form.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15
Technically you never paid for the month of August. The reason you couldn't cancel was because your membership was pending and in a middle of a transaction. I went ahead and canceled your pending membership before you could get charged, so you were able to use the Premium subscription for free for 20 days.

When you use a Credit Card as your payment method and we don't receive payment immediately, our system automatically retries the purchase a few times over the course of a 30 day period. If the payment is received within this period of time, your membership remains active and continues to automatically renew once your current month expires. The same thing happens when you pay through Paypal except there's only a 15 day grace period for the payment to be received, which is the reason your membership was in "pending" mode and continued to try to charge you throughout the month of August.

We hope you will have a better use for our services in the future and will subscribe again.

For future reference, please email support if you need assistance with billing instead of posting in the forums :]
3105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
Oh, okay, thank you, and my bad on that. I didn't notice it was pending, as my last payment seemed to have gone through, but I was trying to cancel about since then, so I don't know why it wouldn't have let me instead of giving me all the free time it was trying to charge me for.

Sorry for the trouble.
1020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
yeah i have this problem to, it wont let me cancel my subscription and whenever i try it says "you may not cancel at this time" i haev emailed crunchyroll and they havent emailed me back yet, i have been trying to cancel for 2 months now.....
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
You had a pending payment since the 13th, which just cleared. You should be able to disable the auto-renewal now.
1020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
i accidentally tried to take away my credit card from it and it updated the recurring payments, what do i do now?
1020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
i accidentally tried to take away my credit card from it and it updated the recurring payments, what do i do now?
1005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/19/16
I've been trying to deactivate my account all day, i have not used it since i first paid for it, and i never received my free trial, and i cannot afford to spend money on extra stuff like crunchy roll. it will not let me cancel my subscription or deactivate it. I am extremely frustrated, especially since i learned you have no one available to speak on telephone for customer service. it is illegal it prevent one from canceling a service.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/19/16

verydonewiththiswebsite wrote:

I've been trying to deactivate my account all day, i have not used it since i first paid for it, and i never received my free trial, and i cannot afford to spend money on extra stuff like crunchy roll. it will not let me cancel my subscription or deactivate it. I am extremely frustrated, especially since i learned you have no one available to speak on telephone for customer service. it is illegal it prevent one from canceling a service.


You had a pending charge on your account. That's why you could not cancel.

I've just canceled the transaction for you.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/16
I am having the same issue. I hope mine gets resolved soon.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 3/2/16

ZatsuraTsuyaima wrote:

I am having the same issue. I hope mine gets resolved soon.


Your renewal shows as canceled on our end. It will not renew.
5005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
cant unsubscribe either, cant seem to find any way to see/pay unfulfilled payments.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

ikdekker wrote:

cant unsubscribe either, cant seem to find any way to see/pay unfulfilled payments.


Did you send a ticket to /contact?
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/6/16
I have this problem as well
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.