Post Reply Lost: Crunchyroll edition
6411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15
The situation:

You took a cruise to Cancun, but on route there your ship were met with a storm and had started to sink after capsizing.
During the incident the lifeboats were torn from the ship's sides and had left it's passengers still scrambling on deck. Eventually you lose consciousness after a panicking passenger accidentally rams into you and your head slams into the rail of the ship.

When you awake you are stranded on an island with 500 others. How will you survive?

EDIT: Instead of just 500 random people, let's say the entire crunchyroll community is stranded on the island

What you have to look out for:

1. There are LOTS of people on this island, therefore resources will quickly disappear. You need to be self-sufficient.

2. If you choose to disband from the main group you will be hunted down buy others and branded as a traitor, you can however gather fellow CRs to team with you.

3. You have no radio or communication with the outside world YOU ARE STUCK, PERIOD.

4. You have no weapons, at least not yet. You can make some though.

5. The Island has a jungle that is FULL of predatory animals, traveling inside without any sort of self-defense tool is practically suicide.

6. If you try to build a raft, many people will want to come with you, and building rafts for everyone would take years and lots of resources.

DECIDE:

Will you lead others or follow? How will you prevent the group from turning on you?
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15
Get away from all the people as soon as i can! The worst humanity has to offer surfaces when they are scared or close to death. Eventually when there is no food they will turn on each other and kill one another. Good thing i decided to leave.

Edit: Well i haven't gotten to know someone on crunchyroll so i wouldn't trust anyone until i get to know them.

That being said i still think I'd be okay breaking off since i doubt too many people here on CR are as athletic and fit as i am or had family in the military that taught them how to survive. I'd love to take charge but with my personality i'd being trying to save all the good people which would just get me killed. Also being by myself let's me survive better by not worrying about others and i can providr for myself easily.

The righteous are the first to die and the cowards are the ones that survive.
32844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
Cannibalism
27270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
I'd take one or maybe two of the weakest survivors and get away from the rest. This way, I can eat them when I'm hungry and I won't have competition from the others or be endangered by them.
Bavalt 
22051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
Probably get eaten, from the looks of things.

If not, then I'd be one of the ones trying to encourage co-operation for our collective best interests. I'd begin by brainstorming on ways to contact the outside world, and if nothing came together quickly there, I'd be helping to organize and implement our survival/exploration plan.
1223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ
Offline
Posted 8/28/15

Rebuild and survive, no, thrive with the other 500.

Unless the island was just hit by a nuke or agent orange there will be someone to eat, plant, survive on.

I haven't seen an island that isn't surrounded by water and that means, crabs, fish, etc.

36064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
I'll assume that those predatory animals are those users who always start arguing in controversial threads.
6411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 8/28/15

anikevin wrote:

I'll assume that those predatory animals are those users who always start arguing in controversial threads.


Hahaha

Yea, I guess you could call some of them those.
8750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 8/28/15
Kill the weak and make rafts from their corpses. Easy
6411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 8/28/15

Eviltwinkee wrote:

Get away from all the people as soon as i can! The worst humanity has to offer surfaces when they are scared or close to death. Eventually when there is no food they will turn on each other and kill one another. Good thing i decided to leave.

Edit: Well i haven't gotten to know someone on crunchyroll so i wouldn't trust anyone until i get to know them.

That being said i still think I'd be okay breaking off since i doubt too many people here on CR are as athletic and fit as i am or had family in the military that taught them how to survive. I'd love to take charge but with my personality i'd being trying to save all the good people which would just get me killed. Also being by myself let's me survive better by not worrying about others and i can providr for myself easily.

The righteous are the first to die and the cowards are the ones that survive.


I like the idea, I'm just worried that if you do that you might get ambushed by some CRs when you're alone and not expecting it (Ex: When your sleeping). After all people need to eat, and cannibalism isn't out of the question.


tyranofication wrote:

Kill the weak and make rafts from their corpses. Easy


(0.0) Wouldn't that take a lot of time, there are 1000s of people in this community.
3645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 8/28/15
Why you give me nostalgia on one of my favorite shows of all time LOST xD
You must be logged in to post.