First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply When is it Far Enough?
Posted 8/29/15

anzn wrote:

I like how a thread like this always shows up right after another one explaing why cops are viewed negatively in order to make people feel pity for them.

"They're human too."
So are the civilians that get killed by them.


exactly.
Posted 8/29/15


J-POP187 wrote:


anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:
Considering the vast majority of what you say was "proven" yet no one on here posting seems to know it except for you leads me to believe that you are mistaken. Especially since if what you say were the case, then Darren Wilson would not be free at the moment.
Good try though.

Majority opinion formed due to media =\= the actual fact about what happened.
If you actually read & kept up with this stuff since the incident like I did & not watch it all from Fox News & CNN, you'd know.

Also we clearly see tons of cops killing innocent people yet they still roam free & almost never get jailed.
Good try though.

Really shows how informed you are on this stuff huh?



Post some links to show your proof. The grand jury saw information that wasn't release to the public and based on that info former Officer Wilson was found not guilty.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/11/ferguson_darren_wilson_intervi.html


have you NOT been watching the news? you dont need links
you need to watch the N E W S it helps
6221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15
So many fallacies committed just on the first page that I am not even going to try and correct them. People need to start thinking logically and not emotionally. Bandwagon-hate like this is one way the Nazis took power in Germany. Cop's lives matter too. You want an anarchy? Move to Somalia.

Edit: For the record, cops are always shot by criminals. Most people shot by cops are already criminals or are threatening the cop or another civilian. If you are fucked up enough in the head to think you are so tough and can challenge the authority of law-abiding, honest police, you deserve the bullet. That is all.
21093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/29/15

anzn wrote:


blind_fate wrote:
Wow. Lol.

wrow


I must be behind the times because I don't get it.

lol.
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15

Alaric_Kerensky wrote:

So many fallacies committed just on the first page that I am not even going to try and correct them. People need to start thinking logically and not emotionally. Bandwagon-hate like this is one way the Nazis took power in Germany. Cop's lives matter too. You want an anarchy? Move to Somalia.

This thread started out as a fallacy lol

Why not both including reasonably, maybe even practically?

blind_fate wrote:


anzn wrote:


blind_fate wrote:
Wow. Lol.

wrow


I must be behind the times because I don't get it.

lol.

https://youtu.be/k1ipP3y6GOc

(in this generation of memes to be cool you gotta pretend understand something until you actually do)
Tarya 
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Virginia, US
Online
Posted 8/29/15

anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:
Wow. Even when you are shown links to actual evidence used in the trial, you still think everyone else is wrong.
Now, how are you going to defend the guy that shot the police officer today?

And I shown links with real actual evidence that wasn't even used in trial because they hidden until after the trial.
Knowing damn well it wouldn't matter at this point.

I'm still going because I actually care about this shit unlike you guys who only do it for selfish reasons & for the sake of "winning" an internet argument.
This is why I'm angry, frustrated, tired, because I care, I feel something from this stuff.

Who said I was gonna do that tho??? lol

I can actually distinct between right & wrong & not stick to a bias thought unlike you guys.


No, you are very biased.
I am not trying to win an internet argument because there is nothing to argue. You started the argument with someone of a different opinion than yours, which was completely unrelated to the topic of this thread. But then blame other people for not agreeing with your point of view, and call us names because we don't agree with you? We are automatically wrong because we don't agree with you? Who made you omnipotent?

But guess what? None of this matters - you can care, there is no harm in that, and you are entitled to your opinion. But neither of us were there. Unless we were, we will never know exactly what happened, no matter how much evidence or proof other people purport to have. So we can only go by the verdict of the trial, which was not to charge Darren Wilson.

And I am glad you can find distinction between right and wrong.
It only seems to be in a cut and dry situation though, but that is better than nothing.


27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 8/29/15

ignitingmemories wrote:



J-POP187 wrote:


anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:
Considering the vast majority of what you say was "proven" yet no one on here posting seems to know it except for you leads me to believe that you are mistaken. Especially since if what you say were the case, then Darren Wilson would not be free at the moment.
Good try though.

Majority opinion formed due to media =\= the actual fact about what happened.
If you actually read & kept up with this stuff since the incident like I did & not watch it all from Fox News & CNN, you'd know.

Also we clearly see tons of cops killing innocent people yet they still roam free & almost never get jailed.
Good try though.

Really shows how informed you are on this stuff huh?



Post some links to show your proof. The grand jury saw information that wasn't release to the public and based on that info former Officer Wilson was found not guilty.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/11/ferguson_darren_wilson_intervi.html


have you NOT been watching the news? you dont need links
you need to watch the N E W S it helps


By all means correct me if I made a mistake. Do you trust what anyone says without looking at sources? Was Wilson found guilty or not?
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15

Tarya wrote:


anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:
Wow. Even when you are shown links to actual evidence used in the trial, you still think everyone else is wrong.
Now, how are you going to defend the guy that shot the police officer today?

And I shown links with real actual evidence that wasn't even used in trial because they hidden until after the trial.
Knowing damn well it wouldn't matter at this point.

I'm still going because I actually care about this shit unlike you guys who only do it for selfish reasons & for the sake of "winning" an internet argument.
This is why I'm angry, frustrated, tired, because I care, I feel something from this stuff.

Who said I was gonna do that tho??? lol

I can actually distinct between right & wrong & not stick to a bias thought unlike you guys.


No, you are very biased.
I am not trying to win an internet argument because there is nothing to argue. You started the argument with someone of a different opinion than yours, which was completely unrelated to the topic of this thread. But then blame other people for not agreeing with your point of view, and call us names because we don't agree with you? We are automatically wrong because we don't agree with you? Who made you omnipotent?

Everyone is biased. Its a given.
How am I starting arguments when I didn't even @ anyone everyone came to me???
How am I blaming others for not agreeing with me???
What names did I call you guys???? Ignorant? Oh noo
What made you think I'm omnipotent??

Holy shit you guys like to make up shit whenever I have arguments not in your favor while at the same time making a complete 180 while also missing the point.
Amazing.
955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ᴀᴍɪᴅsᴛ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
Offline
Posted 8/29/15

Every life is precious and should not be taken lightly, once a life is taken it's gone. Forever.

Not saying that everyone deserves to live, just saying that one should consider and think about consequences, cause and effect.
Tarya 
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Virginia, US
Online
Posted 8/29/15

anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:


anzn wrote:


Tarya wrote:
Wow. Even when you are shown links to actual evidence used in the trial, you still think everyone else is wrong.
Now, how are you going to defend the guy that shot the police officer today?

And I shown links with real actual evidence that wasn't even used in trial because they hidden until after the trial.
Knowing damn well it wouldn't matter at this point.

I'm still going because I actually care about this shit unlike you guys who only do it for selfish reasons & for the sake of "winning" an internet argument.
This is why I'm angry, frustrated, tired, because I care, I feel something from this stuff.

Who said I was gonna do that tho??? lol

I can actually distinct between right & wrong & not stick to a bias thought unlike you guys.


No, you are very biased.
I am not trying to win an internet argument because there is nothing to argue. You started the argument with someone of a different opinion than yours, which was completely unrelated to the topic of this thread. But then blame other people for not agreeing with your point of view, and call us names because we don't agree with you? We are automatically wrong because we don't agree with you? Who made you omnipotent?

Everyone is biased. Its a given.
How am I starting arguments when I didn't even @ anyone everyone came to me???
How am I blaming others for not agreeing with me???
What names did I call you guys???? Ignorant? Oh noo
What made you think I'm omnipotent??

Holy shit you guys like to make up shit whenever I have arguments not in your favor while at the same time making a complete 180 while also missing the point.
Amazing.


I am glad you edited that to say everyone is biased. Good for you.
You basically imply that everyone is unintelligent, illiterate, or ignorant if they don't agree with you. And everyone did not come to you, you respond to everyone; instead of ignoring comments, you make it a point to give your point of view on everything. Not that I am saying it is wrong to have an opinion, but you are not always right just because you think you are. And we aren't all dumb-asses because you think we are either.
Trust me, I didn't miss the point. You think Brown is innocent.
While I do not.
So I will say that we are going to have to agree to disagree.
Tarya 
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Virginia, US
Online
Posted 8/29/15
It looks like they may have a suspect in custody but no further information has been given yet.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/suspect-arrested-killing-texas-sheriffs-deputy-darren-h-goforth-n418286
Posted 8/29/15 , edited 8/29/15

Tarya wrote:
I am glad you edited that to say everyone is biased. Good for you.
You basically imply that everyone is unintelligent, illiterate, or ignorant if they don't agree with you. And everyone did not come to you, you respond to everyone; instead of ignoring comments, you make it a point to give your point of view on everything. Not that I am saying it is wrong to have an opinion, but you are not always right just because you think you are. And we aren't all dumb-asses because you think we are either.
Trust me, I didn't miss the point. You think Brown is innocent.
While I do not.
So I will say that we are going to have to agree to disagree.

That includes me.
Everyone is biased, so yes, I'm part of everyone, I can admit that.
How biased they will be, however, is a bit different & more on a bigoted side tbh at that point in the bias scale.

I never said, or even implied, I was "always right".
However there is a difference between fact, an opinion, logical facts, & logical opinions.
Probably seems like that because I never give up literally until mods close the thread or ban me lol

In terms of law, human rights & humanity.
I say he was innocent.

I'm stubborn, passionate, & determined. I rarely agree with people on here mainly because most have completely different views I don't agree with. Also different morals, it seems.

Doesn't mean I think they're dumb, but not everyone who may be intelligent/smart can also be socially aware tbh.
5039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 8/29/15

Tarya wrote:

It looks like they may have a suspect in custody but no further information has been given yet.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/suspect-arrested-killing-texas-sheriffs-deputy-darren-h-goforth-n418286


Thank you for that link. I hadn't come across it yet. The article brings up a lot of points that I, myself brought up. I am glad that they found the cold-blooded killer. I also hope he is justly punished, either life in jail or death. Execution style from behind is no way to go.
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

J-POP187 wrote:

By all means correct me if I made a mistake. Do you trust what anyone says without looking at sources? Was Wilson found guilty or not?

Just because he wasnt found guilty won't change the fact he murdered a kid in cold blood execution style.
Yet still walks free on these streets.
Like a lot of murderers to this day still do. :/

Clearly there is huge flaws in the justice system & everyone knows that yet ppl think just because he wasn't found guilty in court doesnt mean he didnt murder a kid.
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Skypia
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Nexene wrote:

Today, a Houston Cop was shot while filling up his car. Shot repeatedly from behind for no reason to boot. Funnily enough, people are cheering this on in Social Media. When has the hatred gone far enough, when innocent lives are slayed for the uniform they wear?!

http://abc13.com/news/hcso-deputy-fatally-shot-at-gas-station-in-nw-harris-county/961336/

This is what the blatant hatred of cops leave to. As people are cheered on for slaying a cop, it will happen more and more. Revel in what the human emotion of hatred brings.


The media painting an entire group as evil?!

Where have we seen this before?

In all honesty though, it's a touchy subject. What's happening isn't cool, but it also smells like a conspiracy...

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.