First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Men who are "too" feminine?
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15
Okay, so i've been kind of annoyed by this for a long time, but i get where it comes from. I don't fully understand the idea of people being against men who act a little feminine or women acting masculine... When i talk to my parents sometimes and make a certain motion, they stop the conversation to say that my posture is "too feminine" and that i should "be more like a man". Usually this leads to debates on gender roles/ societal standards of men and women.

I understand that they came from a different generation and have different beliefs, but i don't see anything wrong with it. My mom had said that without these standards "a person would ask out a someone who looked like the opposite gender and find out later that they are actually transgender." I find this kind of ridiculous becuase she is implying that without these "standards" everyone would be transgender.

What i don't get is why it's a problem in the first place. What difference does it make if a man isn't masculine or a women isn't feminine?

TL:DR is there anything wrong with men being feminine or women being masculine?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
No "feminine" and "masculine" are stupid binaries that are nonexistent.
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 9/1/15
Doesn't apply to me since I'm the manliest of men.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
My double cousin had been bullied for being 'too feminine'. He used to be in hip hop dance.

Yes, your cliche bullying that involves people doing shitty things like throwing away your lunch and taking your money.

There's nothing wrong with being masculine as a woman or being feminine as a man. People just need to grow the fuck up.

1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
As long as you're not hurting anyone I really don't care what you're doing.
What I never understood is why parents are scared of their sons "turning gay" because they play with dolls. Like, no Timmy, playing with this pretty lady toy will make you not like women, play with this muscular man in tight clothes instead.
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Finny-sama wrote:

As long as you're not hurting anyone I really don't care what you're doing.
What I never understood is why parents are scared of their sons "turning gay" because they play with dolls. Like, no Timmy, playing with this pretty lady toy will make you not like women, play with this muscular man in tight clothes instead.


I think the "action figure" you're talking about is HE-MAN! THE MANLIEST OF MEN's ACTION FIGURES!!!

I never understood it either...
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15
My boyfriend was told he was too feminine in highschool because he didn't smell sweaty, shaved his arms, legs, and pits, also has feelings lmao

I'm occasionally told I act or look like a boy by my interests, how I dress, don't wear makeup, and all that stupid stuff.
Also when I burp
???

I don't believe feminine & masculine should exist but if it has to then we shouldn't use either as some kinda insult towards people.
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

anzn wrote:

My boyfriend was told he was too feminine in highschool because he didn't smell sweaty, shaved his arms, legs, and pits, also has feelings lmao


So he was bullied for being a hygenic human being??? Like i don't want to smell like trash and having armpit hair makes BO smell terrible! XD
22986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/30/15
This is my own opinion but I like masculine woman especially when they have a tight body a lot of times either active military but not always for some reason femdom with confidence equals sexy to me plus they make good drinking buddies
Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Finny-sama wrote:

As long as you're not hurting anyone I really don't care what you're doing.
What I never understood is why parents are scared of their sons "turning gay" because they play with dolls. Like, no Timmy, playing with this pretty lady toy will make you not like women, play with this muscular man in tight clothes instead.


that's funny i never even thought of ot in that way

but most boys i knew growing up "played" with dolls by destroying them. lol
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

Dabossman26 wrote:


anzn wrote:

My boyfriend was told he was too feminine in highschool because he didn't smell sweaty, shaved his arms, legs, and pits, also has feelings lmao


So he was bullied for being a hygenic human being??? Like i don't want to smell like trash and having armpit hair makes BO smell terrible! XD

Not really bullied he just didn't care. That's why he has so many female friends too.

But yeah when you say it that way that sounds incredibly stupid lmao.
Idc whether you're man or women but PLEASE at least wash & shave your pits I beg of you.
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Sogno- wrote:

that's funny i never even thought of ot in that way

but most boys i knew growing up "played" with dolls by destroying them. lol


Girls love to do that too. Have you seen the average doll after about a year of play? It turns into a fuckin wreck.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/31/15
Any girl asks me to shave gets thrown in the fucking bay.
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 9/2/15

Garytwentyone wrote:

Any girl asks me to shave gets thrown in the fucking bay.

Shave the pits is all we ask.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.