First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Men who are "too" feminine?
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

megahobbit wrote:

No "feminine" and "masculine" are stupid binaries that are nonexistent.


I'm a little confused what you mean by nonexistent binaries.

Posted 8/30/15
woah
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15
"Masculine" and "Feminine" is socially constructed. Our culture creates a definition for what is "manly" or "ladylike"...

In other cultures, there are men who are "feminine" - albeit, quiet and timid. While their ideal wives would be someone who is tough and aggressive...

So don't worry
23008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

Garytwentyone wrote:

You want men to shave their armpits and you call me a troll?

Go soak your head in the bay.


if you have an active partner who asks you to shave not a big deal the reward pays off in full service more than you can count plus it goes both ways
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Sogno- wrote:
yeah girls were always like "oh yeah i tore up my barbies when i was a kid haha i was just like the boys" like every girl said that and i just

but not me i always treated my dolls/barbies, horses, stuffed animals, and other toys very nicely. i still have my horses from childhood and they're in great condition (though packed away in a box right now >.>)


There were some dolls that I tore up pretty bad but I treated the rest pretty well! I gave all of my old stuff to younger friends since they were in such good condition, except for 1 spider-man action figure I've had since I was 6. Still on a shelf in my room.
My parents didn't really care what I played with or what gender it was marketed towards, and I'll do the same with my children. I mean, dolls are just action figures with hair.
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

anzn wrote:

Not really bullied he just didn't care. That's why he has so many female friends too.

But yeah when you say it that way that sounds incredibly stupid lmao.
Idc whether you're man or women but PLEASE at least wash & shave your pits I beg of you.


I actually don't mind unshaved people, but it depends on what their hair is like. There are some people who have really fine hair that I barely even notice. I do find it stupid that shaving your pits is a feminine thing, it's all about personal preference. Then again, I feel the same way about most gendered things.
Like, god forbid men smell like fruity soap. Oh no. What a tragedy.
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

Garytwentyone wrote:

You want men to shave their armpits and you call me a troll?

Go soak your head in the bay.

I'm sorry that I suggest these people to have better hygiene because the last thing I want to die from is that sweaty hairy pit funk.
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

No "feminine" and "masculine" are stupid binaries that are nonexistent.


I'm a little confused what you mean by nonexistent binaries.



I think he means that masculinity and femininity aren't real and that those ideas only show the 2 main genders (male and female)
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/30/15

Dabossman26 wrote:
I think he means that masculinity and femininity aren't real and that those ideas only show the 2 main genders (male and female)


Hmmm. Masculinity and femininity are certainly societal reinforced psychological differences, but the psychological differences themselves are not entirely nonexistent.

I suppose if he means the reinforcement of those differences are stupid, that's easy enough to agree with, although impossible to entirely avoid.



Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/31/15
Masculinity and Femininity are two side of the same coin, both are intrinsically contained with in and expressed, albeit to varying degrees; it's human nature to carry both within you. While they are socially constructed and each society has different definition of what it means to be a "man" or a "woman";I think we can see reoccurring themes between each society. I would call these archetypes that for whatever reason we are inclined to describing masculinity with certain attributes and femininity with certain attributes. You cant have light without dark, nor can you have up without down it's something along those lines. Masculinity balances out femininity by providing contrast and balance by providing what the other lacks and vice versa.

Whether it's right or wrong in other peoples eyes is irrelevant it's more about if whether your being authentic or inauthentic to yourself with how you choose to express yourself.
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Dabossman26 wrote:
I think he means that masculinity and femininity aren't real and that those ideas only show the 2 main genders (male and female)


Hmmm. Masculinity and femininity are certainly societal reinforced psychological differences, but the psychological differences themselves are not entirely nonexistent.

I suppose if he means the reinforcement of those differences are stupid, that's easy enough to agree with, although impossible to entirely avoid.





Unavoidable hmm? Kind of like your pictures of jadar?? XD i'm kidding
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/15 , edited 8/30/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

No "feminine" and "masculine" are stupid binaries that are nonexistent.


I'm a little confused what you mean by nonexistent binaries.



Ehh shouldnt be to hard to figure out.
41711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 8/31/15

megahobbit wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

No "feminine" and "masculine" are stupid binaries that are nonexistent.


I'm a little confused what you mean by nonexistent binaries.



Ehh shouldnt be to hard to figure out.


Well, you can't deny that societally they exist, but you also can't deny that no one adheres to them 100% lol

just because a man is a bit feminine doesn't mean he's trans or some shit tho, a guy can have femininity and still be comfortable with his genitals hahaha
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
People whom have a negative opinion on things like this are too focused on the things that aren't important in life. <-- IMO
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

Dabossman26 wrote:

TL:DR is there anything wrong with men being feminine or women being masculine?


Nope. Between my husband and myself, I'd say we're both pretty fluid when it comes to gender because 'masculine' and 'feminine' can mean whatever the individual wants them to mean based on their culture and preferences. Just be yourself and do what feels right to you.


Dabossman26 wrote:
So he was bullied for being a hygenic human being??? Like i don't want to smell like trash and having armpit hair makes BO smell terrible! XD


My husband has armpit hair and he never smells bad. It has a lot to do with the fact that he showers everyday, and if smell were an issue, why not use shampoo? Hair is hair, right? He doesn't like shaving because it gets itchy and can cause ingrown hairs, so I don't blame him.
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

Finny-sama wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

that's funny i never even thought of ot in that way

but most boys i knew growing up "played" with dolls by destroying them. lol


Girls love to do that too. Have you seen the average doll after about a year of play? It turns into a fuckin wreck.


3 violent sisters = Barbie limbs everywhere
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
I strongly believe in the idead that people should always be themselves and not whatever society or anything else wants you or expects you to be.

The fact that there are so many different types of people makes life exciting. The world would be boring if there wasn't.

Also if the masculine girls you're talking about are the same as the ones i'm thinking of then i get along with them and find it an atttactive personality.
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
Big sis played foot ball with her baby doll's head.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.