First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Men who are "too" feminine?
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 8/31/15

Ssomething wrote:

Masculine women = tomboy they're actually popular but a feminine guy=pussy/faggot

I don't mind feminine men, everyone can do whatever they want because it's none of my business but it's kind of unfair how society perceives both groups.


Because traditional society sees men as stronger, and more capable, at least in the traditional workforce and military. On the other hand, women traditionally are seen as dependent on their big strong man to bring home the dough for the kids and shit. So when a guy acts like a woman its viewed as deviant and doesn't want to work hard and be tough like other men. I don't know why, religion maybe, but it looks like a mockery or parody when a man overtly adopts the mannerisms and attire of the opposite sex, so comedians use its absurdity in their routine. But as you said, when a woman does it, nobody cares.
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

kaolinite wrote:


Ssomething wrote:

Masculine women = tomboy they're actually popular but a feminine guy=pussy/faggot

I don't mind feminine men, everyone can do whatever they want because it's none of my business but it's kind of unfair how society perceives both groups.


Because traditional society sees men as stronger, and more capable, at least in the traditional workforce and military. On the other hand, women traditionally are seen as dependent on their big strong man to bring home the dough for the kids and shit. So when a guy acts like a woman its viewed as deviant and doesn't want to work hard and be tough like other men. I don't know why, religion maybe, but it looks like a mockery or parody when a man overtly adopts the mannerisms and attire of the opposite sex, so comedians use its absurdity in their routine. But as you said, when a woman does it, nobody cares.


I love you dude. My god.
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 8/31/15

Finny-sama wrote:


kaolinite wrote:


Ssomething wrote:

Masculine women = tomboy they're actually popular but a feminine guy=pussy/faggot

I don't mind feminine men, everyone can do whatever they want because it's none of my business but it's kind of unfair how society perceives both groups.


Because traditional society sees men as stronger, and more capable, at least in the traditional workforce and military. On the other hand, women traditionally are seen as dependent on their big strong man to bring home the dough for the kids and shit. So when a guy acts like a woman its viewed as deviant and doesn't want to work hard and be tough like other men. I don't know why, religion maybe, but it looks like a mockery or parody when a man overtly adopts the mannerisms and attire of the opposite sex, so comedians use its absurdity in their routine. But as you said, when a woman does it, nobody cares.


I love you dude. My god.


Goddess
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
Who the fuck cares? I can act like a dude sometimes, and my boyfriend can be girly as fuck.. but it shouldn't change your opinion on someone.
51832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
it's socially constructed which is the expectation on how we should act and what we should do to fit in when around our peers. Although it is still bs.
Posted 8/31/15

Finny-sama wrote:


anzn wrote:

Not really bullied he just didn't care. That's why he has so many female friends too.

But yeah when you say it that way that sounds incredibly stupid lmao.
Idc whether you're man or women but PLEASE at least wash & shave your pits I beg of you.


I actually don't mind unshaved people, but it depends on what their hair is like. There are some people who have really fine hair that I barely even notice. I do find it stupid that shaving your pits is a feminine thing, it's all about personal preference. Then again, I feel the same way about most gendered things.
Like, god forbid men smell like fruity soap. Oh no. What a tragedy.

But like...I literally see guys who have pits that look like hairballs & its fucking terrifying to look at.

A little, whatever.
Hairballs, fuck no.

Pfff
"Oh no I smell nice now everyone will think I like dudes!!!"

23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
I don't think any man can be too feminine or any woman to masculine, its just the way they are. But I don't really see characteristics as feminine or masculine anyway, I just see I characteristic of a person
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.
13121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 8/31/15

descloud wrote:

A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.


Why? I act however I damn well please. I'm not going to pretend to be overly masculine just to be perceived as normal. What good does enforcing gender stereotypes do?
Posted 8/31/15

descloud wrote:

A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.


Here come the feminists!
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

sundin13 wrote:


descloud wrote:

A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.


Why? I act however I damn well please. I'm not going to pretend to be overly masculine just to be perceived as normal. What good does enforcing gender stereotypes do?


Alright. What is "overly masculine" to you.
13121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

descloud wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


descloud wrote:

A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.


Why? I act however I damn well please. I'm not going to pretend to be overly masculine just to be perceived as normal. What good does enforcing gender stereotypes do?


Alright. What is "overly masculine" to you.


More masculine than one would be if they were acting naturally. My question is why should somebody who doesn't naturally fit into the stereotypical view of masculinity pretend to fit into that view?
131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / erhhhh
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
Why would you want to be Feminine?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

sundin13 wrote:


descloud wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


descloud wrote:

A man should act like a man and a woman should act like a woman.


Why? I act however I damn well please. I'm not going to pretend to be overly masculine just to be perceived as normal. What good does enforcing gender stereotypes do?


Alright. What is "overly masculine" to you.


More masculine than one would be if they were acting naturally. My question is why should somebody who doesn't naturally fit into the stereotypical view of masculinity pretend to fit into that view?


Okay, what stereotypical view are you referring to?

Muscular? Grows a big beard? A stud with the ladies? Tall? Works a lot?
13121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

descloud wrote:

Okay, what stereotypical view are you referring to?

Muscular? Grows a big beard? A stud with the ladies? Tall? Works a lot?


Probably things like being overtly interested in sex, being at least somewhat muscular, wearing typically male clothes, being interested in traditionally male things like sports and cars and not being interested in traditionally female things like fashion, not being highly emotional etc....

Although, I think that specific descriptors of masculinity are more or less irrelevant to my question...Maybe we should start with you explaining what exactly you were trying to say with your earlier comment (Men should be masculine and Women should be feminine).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.