First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Ex-Gay Reparative Therapy movement
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

klondike_bar wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

I'm not attacking homosexuality and have friends who are. But I believe that this topic like every sensitive issue should be analyzed as objectively as possible. And biologically speaking, I admit to seeing some logic in homosexuality as being a negative deviation from human procreation and survival. Think of it this way. If the first 100 human beings were all heterosexual, we wouldn't think anything of it. If the 1st 100 were all homosexual; extinction would be imminent. One is required and the other isn't. So which is ultimately more beneficial for the survival of a sexually reproductive species?



alright, if we're going to get biology involved

1) homosexuality might impede procreation, but bisexuality technically doesn't. Therefore, according to your logic, bisexuality is fine in nature!

2)homosexuality could have developed as a method of population control . Sure, popping out hundreds and thousands of offspring could have been beneficial early on when the species is in danger of disappearing, but as the population matures by exponential growth overpopulation could also become a problem as we near the earth's carrying capacity. The appearance of homosexuals, then, would be a beneficial adaptation as it would decrease the number of offspring and slow down population growth. I don't think the human population of 6.2 billion is in danger of disappearing any time soon, but if anyone is still concerned each straight couple would only have to produce a total of 4 offspring, 2 to replace the parents and 2 for every gay couple. We won't go extinct, the straight ppl just have to screw like rabbits


Well. I'm not saying that homosexuality is wrong. I'm just stating some points on the taboo side since most people are going to side with the latter. I guess you can say that bisexuality doesn't really impede on nature. In the sense that sex is recreational. If sex is brought to it's main purpose (reproduction), heterosexuality would be the most logical. (Doesn't mean that it's wrong to do otherwise. Just making logical points)

Homosexuality could serve a purpose as population control. However, you can say that HIV, cancer, and war is a method of population control on a scientific stance. Technically viruses and other internal human conditions merely are a part of the food chain(cycle). They are our predators. War is a big-scale conflict between two living groups. I'm not saying that homosexuality is a negative human condition or a normal part of life. I wouldn't dare to presume such an answer since I'm not a genius or some all-knowing being. I personally don't think homosexuality developed as a method of population control since it has been present in many species even during early stages of their presence. The only thing I know for sure about homosexuality is that it is an anomaly to our species. I'm not anti-gay but I just say these things to show some points from the other argument since both sides have reasonable support. It's easy for anyone to say that they support politically correct arguments like: homosexuality, racial equality, religion, etc. So, I merely try to point out the possibilities of popular thoughts being wrong. What upsets me about these issues aren't either sides of the argument; but the people on either side making claims without any thought or the ones that insult and belittle on the other.
ie. "Racists are ignorant." "People believing in god are blind", etc.
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:

w/e im not here to argue go ahead and do lesbian scissors with your girlfriend im just saying your fucked up in the head



may i ask? why do you think that? isnt that kinda harsh?
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

tobydiah wrote:


klondike_bar wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

I'm not attacking homosexuality and have friends who are. But I believe that this topic like every sensitive issue should be analyzed as objectively as possible. And biologically speaking, I admit to seeing some logic in homosexuality as being a negative deviation from human procreation and survival. Think of it this way. If the first 100 human beings were all heterosexual, we wouldn't think anything of it. If the 1st 100 were all homosexual; extinction would be imminent. One is required and the other isn't. So which is ultimately more beneficial for the survival of a sexually reproductive species?



alright, if we're going to get biology involved

1) homosexuality might impede procreation, but bisexuality technically doesn't. Therefore, according to your logic, bisexuality is fine in nature!

2)homosexuality could have developed as a method of population control . Sure, popping out hundreds and thousands of offspring could have been beneficial early on when the species is in danger of disappearing, but as the population matures by exponential growth overpopulation could also become a problem as we near the earth's carrying capacity. The appearance of homosexuals, then, would be a beneficial adaptation as it would decrease the number of offspring and slow down population growth. I don't think the human population of 6.2 billion is in danger of disappearing any time soon, but if anyone is still concerned each straight couple would only have to produce a total of 4 offspring, 2 to replace the parents and 2 for every gay couple. We won't go extinct, the straight ppl just have to screw like rabbits


Well. I'm not saying that homosexuality is wrong. I'm just stating some points on the taboo side since most people are going to side with the latter. I guess you can say that bisexuality doesn't really impede on nature. In the sense that sex is recreational. If sex is brought to it's main purpose (reproduction), heterosexuality would be the most logical. (Doesn't mean that it's wrong to do otherwise. Just making logical points)

Homosexuality could serve a purpose as population control. However, you can say that HIV, cancer, and war is a method of population control on a scientific stance. Technically viruses and other internal human conditions merely are a part of the food chain(cycle). They are our predators. War is a big-scale conflict between two living groups. I'm not saying that homosexuality is a negative human condition or a normal part of life. I wouldn't dare to presume such an answer since I'm not a genius or some all-knowing being. I personally don't think homosexuality developed as a method of population control since it has been present in many species even during early stages of their presence. The only thing I know for sure about homosexuality is that it is an anomaly to our species. I'm not anti-gay but I just say these things to show some points from the other argument since both sides have reasonable support. It's easy for anyone to say that they support politically correct arguments like: homosexuality, racial equality, religion, etc. So, I merely try to point out the possibilities of popular thoughts being wrong. What upsets me about these issues aren't either sides of the argument; but the people on either side making claims without any thought or the ones that insult and belittle on the other.
ie. "Racists are ignorant." "People believing in god are blind", etc.


i do see your point, i didn't mean to offend you or anything :). I appreciate that you had something intelligent to say, and not the usual bullheaded crap that gets around. [though, if homosexuality "has been present in many species even during early stages of their presence" then isn't it natural....?? w/e i'll shut up now]

1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / In the universe o...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / In the universe o...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:

all gay people are messed up in the head and they need professional help to get them fixed


Agreedd!
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


dont you think you are generalizing the homosexuals here? i see more heterosexuals doing it rather than the homos actually...

you dont know how MANY ive seen... lol..and to think they blame it only on Homos...

its really sad and ironic really
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


I agree with emm0548. Aren't you just basically stereotyping homosexuals out there? I can understand that certain society are conservative and they view homosexuality as morally and socially wrong due to the things they practiced. I'm not trying to say i'm totally for the idea of it but i have friends myself who are gays and i'm practically fine with it. I don't agree nor i condemn what they're doing cos at the end of the very day who are we to judge them based on our preconceived notion?

1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / In the universe o...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

phatasm24 wrote:


Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


I agree with emm0548. Aren't you just basically stereotyping homosexuals out there? I can understand that certain society are conservative and they view homosexuality as morally and socially wrong due to the things they practiced. I'm not trying to say i'm totally for the idea of it but i have friends myself who are gays and i'm practically fine with it. I don't agree nor i condemn what they're doing cos at the end of the very day who are we to judge them based on our preconceived notion?



I'm sorry if i have made you angry of some sort,but don't you feel uncomfortable when you see such stuff?

8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
^i feel uncomfortable if heterosexuals OR homosexuals make out in front of me....

its not right to generalize people...its just....wrong
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I only get uncomfortable if both hetros or homos were to suddenly have a PDA (public display of affection). And judging by what you meant by cases, you have to be specific. I haven't met anyone who has engages in sex publicly other than the aforementioned statement.
1912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


Well nice job sounding like a douchebag, because you know...Straight people are just soo conservative and would NEVER do such things.

I just saw a couple fucking in a bathroom stall in a chinese buffet so..
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

le1chi wrote:


Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


Well nice job sounding like a douchebag, because you know...Straight people are just soo conservative and would NEVER do such things.

I just saw a couple fucking in a bathroom stall in a chinese buffet so..


Whoah. You must be erm...quite unlucky huh. Heh.
1912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

phatasm24 wrote:


le1chi wrote:


Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


Well nice job sounding like a douchebag, because you know...Straight people are just soo conservative and would NEVER do such things.

I just saw a couple fucking in a bathroom stall in a chinese buffet so..


Whoah. You must be erm...quite unlucky huh. Heh.


Pretty much...They didn't even use the goddamn lock
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

le1chi wrote:


phatasm24 wrote:


le1chi wrote:


Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


Well nice job sounding like a douchebag, because you know...Straight people are just soo conservative and would NEVER do such things.

I just saw a couple fucking in a bathroom stall in a chinese buffet so..


Whoah. You must be erm...quite unlucky huh. Heh.


Pretty much...They didn't even use the goddamn lock


In a semi full frontal public view? Woah they're daring
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / In the universe o...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

le1chi wrote:


Asrarabbit wrote:

I'm anti-gay/lesbian because some of the actions they do in broad daylight makes me sick.
A mere therapy session cannot change the mindset.I think that the homosexual must have the desire and want to change himself/herself.


Well nice job sounding like a douchebag, because you know...Straight people are just soo conservative and would NEVER do such things.

I just saw a couple fucking in a bathroom stall in a chinese buffet so..


Omigoshhhhhh
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.