WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Does respect work both ways?
27348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
No.

Start by having good manners and polite conduct. This means respecting people even though they are strangers and may not respect you.

Respect is not reverence. You cannot control how others behave but you can control how you carry yourself. It's understandable to lose your cool occasionally, but the excuse should not be that you are entitled to behave poorly because others behave poorly.
Posted 8/31/15
Some respect is common courtesy, but after that, respect has to be earned. Its easier to lose respect than gain it.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
Depends on the person. For example it takes alot to earn any respect from me but at the same time there are people that still respect me even if i don't respect them back.
Posted 8/31/15

sebaf74 wrote:


haikinka wrote:


_prey wrote:

r
e
s
p
e
c
t


What you want


Baby, I got


what you need
Posted 8/31/15

sebaf74 wrote:


haikinka wrote:


_prey wrote:

r
e
s
p
e
c
t


What you want


Baby, I got


it
27296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 8/31/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

Then everything is kinda pointless without it.


Well, what do yah mean by everything?

There will always be people that don't care to respect others. I try to even respect those who do not wish to respect me. Over time it tends to sway.

Of course, respect should be thrown out the window when individuals use it to take advantage of those who give it freely. Respect may be given, but it does not mean it can't be lost.

11322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 8/31/15

ignitingmemories wrote:


sebaf74 wrote:


haikinka wrote:


_prey wrote:

r
e
s
p
e
c
t


What you want


Baby, I got


it


Ouch! There is no "it"
46666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

No.

Start by having good manners and polite conduct. This means respecting people even though they are strangers and may not respect you.

Respect is not reverence. You cannot control how others behave but you can control how you carry yourself. It's understandable to lose your cool occasionally, but the excuse should not be that you are entitled to behave poorly because others behave poorly.


That can make a situation harder. Does respecting a disrespectful person still count as respect?
Posted 8/31/15

sebaf74 wrote:


ignitingmemories wrote:


sebaf74 wrote:


haikinka wrote:


_prey wrote:

r
e
s
p
e
c
t


What you want


Baby, I got


it


Ouch! There is no "it"


FUCK
46666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

Eviltwinkee wrote:

Depends on the person. For example it takes alot to earn any respect from me but at the same time there are people that still respect me even if i don't respect them back.


Are you a fairly respectful person?
46666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Then everything is kinda pointless without it.


Well, what do yah mean by everything?

There will always be people that don't care to respect others. I try to even respect those who do not wish to respect me. Over time it tends to sway.

Of course, respect should be thrown out the window when individuals use it to take advantage of those who give it freely. Respect may be given, but it does not mean it can't be lost.




I see. Respect is a tricky thing.
46666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

haikinka wrote:

I'll have to find out what respect means to me first.


Alright Aretha Franklin.
27348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

No.

Start by having good manners and polite conduct. This means respecting people even though they are strangers and may not respect you.

Respect is not reverence. You cannot control how others behave but you can control how you carry yourself. It's understandable to lose your cool occasionally, but the excuse should not be that you are entitled to behave poorly because others behave poorly.


That can make a situation harder. Does respecting a disrespectful person still count as respect?


Yes, and there shouldn't be a big issue there. Respect should be balanced with reasonable actions but I think one should strive to maintain good manners even if someone else does not. It is only when it becomes unduly burdensome that good manners not be maintained.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


Eviltwinkee wrote:

Depends on the person. For example it takes alot to earn any respect from me but at the same time there are people that still respect me even if i don't respect them back.


Are you a fairly respectful person?

Only to the people that gain my respect. That being said just because i don't respect someone it doesn't mean i'm going to be rude or disrespectful towards them. To me people either have or don't my respect or they're in the middle if that makes any sense to you.

4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/31/15
Only if you respect mah authoritah
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.