First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Calling all writers: Is there a novel you wish you had written?
47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.

Explain your opinion in great detail.

So is there a novel you wish you had written? What do you love about it?

9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 9/1/15
You mean like novels that were already published by authors?
47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15

QTAC wrote:

You mean like novels that were already published by authors?


Not really?
15102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/15 , edited 9/1/15
Every once in a while, I read a sentence of two that I find absolutely wonderful and think to myself "I wish I had written that", but as for a whole novel, maybe the Baccano! Light Novels. I really do love everything about them (so glad that they got licensed!) and I did take some degree of inspiration from them when working on my own novel.

EDIT: Wait, I am now confused what the question is @[email protected]
9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 9/1/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


QTAC wrote:

You mean like novels that were already published by authors?


Not really?


So you mean novels that I wished I'd written but never got around to?
47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15

QTAC wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


QTAC wrote:

You mean like novels that were already published by authors?


Not really?


So you mean novels that I wished I'd written but never got around to?


Yeah.
15102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/15
Ah, well I guess I'll answer that question too.

When I was a kid (probably around 10) I started to write a book, which was inspired by stuff like Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank. I got maybe 20 pages in (which I still think is damn impressive for a kid) and my work vanished. I didn't write again for over ten years.

As for stuff I want to write now, after I finish what I'm writing now (Which is hard to describe, but its probably a light sci-fi,action drama) theres two other things I plan to write. One is an episodic(ish) (light) sci-fi adventure book like Kino's Journey x Iron Giant and the other is a Political Apocalypse story...
9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 9/1/15
Well normally I'd just write it down as a note to look at later, and when I do, 90% of the time I realize it wasn't good anyway and I toss it. The other 10%, I try to brainstorm what happens, then I eventually give up or go back to write it slowly. It takes a lonng time, and I only ever finished one novel out of several ideas.
47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15

sundin13 wrote:

Ah, well I guess I'll answer that question too.

When I was a kid (probably around 10) I started to write a book, which was inspired by stuff like Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank. I got maybe 20 pages in (which I still think is damn impressive for a kid) and my work vanished. I didn't write again for over ten years.

As for stuff I want to write now, after I finish what I'm writing now (Which is hard to describe, but its probably a light sci-fi,action drama) theres two other things I plan to write. One is an episodic(ish) (light) sci-fi adventure book like Kino's Journey x Iron Giant and the other is a Political Apocalypse story...


Kino's Journey x Iron Giant? That sounds interesting.
15102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Ah, well I guess I'll answer that question too.

When I was a kid (probably around 10) I started to write a book, which was inspired by stuff like Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank. I got maybe 20 pages in (which I still think is damn impressive for a kid) and my work vanished. I didn't write again for over ten years.

As for stuff I want to write now, after I finish what I'm writing now (Which is hard to describe, but its probably a light sci-fi,action drama) theres two other things I plan to write. One is an episodic(ish) (light) sci-fi adventure book like Kino's Journey x Iron Giant and the other is a Political Apocalypse story...


Kino's Journey x Iron Giant? That sounds interesting.


Kino's Journey in tone and how it is set up and Iron Giant more in the dynamic between the two characters. It'll be my first time trying to do something with some humor in it so it might go terribly but who knows...
47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15

sundin13 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Ah, well I guess I'll answer that question too.

When I was a kid (probably around 10) I started to write a book, which was inspired by stuff like Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank. I got maybe 20 pages in (which I still think is damn impressive for a kid) and my work vanished. I didn't write again for over ten years.

As for stuff I want to write now, after I finish what I'm writing now (Which is hard to describe, but its probably a light sci-fi,action drama) theres two other things I plan to write. One is an episodic(ish) (light) sci-fi adventure book like Kino's Journey x Iron Giant and the other is a Political Apocalypse story...


Kino's Journey x Iron Giant? That sounds interesting.


Kino's Journey in tone and how it is set up and Iron Giant more in the dynamic between the two characters. It'll be my first time trying to do something with some humor in it so it might go terribly but who knows...


You normally don't write stuff with humor?
42490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
suffering for art
Offline
Posted 9/1/15
Well, I'm trying to finish a series, and write a series, but the plot keeps coming to me out of order and for some reason I have no idea but writing it chronologically is very hard so I'll like, do one part of one arc and another part of an earlier arc, even though the plot is kind of near fully formulated in my mind, I find it harder to write it all in 100% order. If that makes sense.
15102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

You normally don't write stuff with humor?


Not really...my current novel is pretty bleak and the only "humor" is a character or two making light of murdering a bunch of people. I tried to make it more lighthearted (like Baccano) but I found that my style tries to portray characters realistically and I feel like the characters I have written just wouldn't be able to make jokes when their world is being destroyed, ya know?
9836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Well, I'm trying to finish a series, and write a series, but the plot keeps coming to me out of order and for some reason I have no idea but writing it chronologically is very hard so I'll like, do one part of one arc and another part of an earlier arc, even though the plot is kind of near fully formulated in my mind, I find it harder to write it all in 100% order. If that makes sense.


You'll find that rather common the more you write. I'm in the middle of writing a 5 book series, and inspiration is coming for all parts of the story. I keep documents for each story and jot down the ideas as they come, but still work on the current volume as much as possible.

47279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/1/15

sundin13 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

You normally don't write stuff with humor?


Not really...my current novel is pretty bleak and the only "humor" is a character or two making light of murdering a bunch of people. I tried to make it more lighthearted (like Baccano) but I found that my style tries to portray characters realistically and I feel like the characters I have written just wouldn't be able to make jokes when their world is being destroyed, ya know?


Oh, I see.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.