First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Do you think...People with ADHD's brains aren't unusually faster but our brains are just unusually slower?
Posted 9/4/15
ADHD people are usually just very lazy and unable to stick to one thing enough to succeed in anything. IMO
Posted 9/4/15
Now we have pretty terms for everything uh?

When I was young (a million years ago) we didn't have these terms or my mom wasn't aware of it. Today I'm sure I would have been diagnosed with ADHD because I fit the description to a T.

I never took any medication to get "better".

My solution? a few spankings on my little butt for being a lazy bum and for not paying attention in school.

What I don't like about today's generation is that if you have a little "problem" you should take medication. BS.
19493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Offline
Posted 9/4/15
Their minds move at a pretty fast pace, that's for sure.

Maybe that makes them smarter, who knows?
14238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 9/4/15
fake condition.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/15 , edited 9/4/15
HOW CAN MIRRORS BE REAL IF MY EYES ARENT REAL!
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/15

Shakalaka11 wrote:

Now we have pretty terms for everything uh?

When I was young (a million years ago) we didn't have these terms or my mom wasn't aware of it. Today I'm sure I would have been diagnosed with ADHD because I fit the description to a T.

I never took any medication to get "better".

My solution? a few spankings on my little butt for being a lazy bum and for not paying attention in school.

What I don't like about today's generation is that if you have a little "problem" you should take medication. BS.


Theres a difference between kids that just dont want to pay attention and kids that do want to but are unable to.

I dont agree with medications for every little problem and for the most part I'm against man's medication altogether, but in certain situations its better than nothing. ADHD has been around since at least the 60s it wasn't well understood until later, I dont know how old you are, nor do I honestly care but stating that just giving your kid a swat on the ass isn't going to fix the problem if they genuinely have ADD/ADDHD.

I won't pretend that any of what I just said will make a difference and thats fine, you're more than welcome to think the way you think.
Posted 9/4/15
Thinking this topic sounded familiar I did a simple google search.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mysteries-add/201108/the-mysteries-add-and-high-iq

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071124184526AA3AHOAhttp://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd

http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd


Like so many brain disorders, intelligence isn't the issue. In the case of ADHD, it's the input input/output processes of the brain. So you could be super smart, but if you can't absorb information and concentrate it won't be of much use.

Artists are different, I suppose. Their creativity stems from within, so there isn't so much of a wall when it comes to art and music.
Posted 9/4/15 , edited 9/4/15

Haruna-kai wrote:


Shakalaka11 wrote:

Now we have pretty terms for everything uh?

When I was young (a million years ago) we didn't have these terms or my mom wasn't aware of it. Today I'm sure I would have been diagnosed with ADHD because I fit the description to a T.

I never took any medication to get "better".

My solution? a few spankings on my little butt for being a lazy bum and for not paying attention in school.

What I don't like about today's generation is that if you have a little "problem" you should take medication. BS.


Theres a difference between kids that just dont want to pay attention and kids that do want to but are unable to.

I dont agree with medications for every little problem and for the most part I'm against man's medication altogether, but in certain situations its better than nothing. ADHD has been around since at least the 60s it wasn't well understood until later, I dont know how old you are, nor do I honestly care but stating that just giving your kid a swat on the ass isn't going to fix the problem if they genuinely have ADD/ADDHD.

I won't pretend that any of what I just said will make a difference and thats fine, you're more than welcome to think the way you think.


why so butthurt? lol

Problems like these have been around since always but the methods were different. I bet there were many kids with hyperactivity since the dark ages too.

All I'm saying is that where I gew up this was seen as a normal condition in children's behaviors. No need to take medication unlike today where everything gets a fancy name and a new medication.
Posted 9/4/15 , edited 9/4/15

AmyRose4545 wrote:

Thinking this topic sounded familiar I did a simple google search.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mysteries-add/201108/the-mysteries-add-and-high-iq

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071124184526AA3AHOAhttp://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd

http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd


Like so many brain disorders, intelligence isn't the issue. In the case of ADHD, it's the input input/output processes of the brain. So you could be super smart, but if you can't absorb information and concentrate it won't be of much use.

Artists are different, I suppose. Their creativity stems from within, so there isn't so much of a wall when it comes to art and music.


Doubt you even need Google to make that connection but it's nice to see a normal response to a thread.
5118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 9/4/15

AmyRose4545 wrote:

Thinking this topic sounded familiar I did a simple google search.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mysteries-add/201108/the-mysteries-add-and-high-iq

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071124184526AA3AHOAhttp://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd

http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/iq-adhd


Like so many brain disorders, intelligence isn't the issue. In the case of ADHD, it's the input input/output processes of the brain. So you could be super smart, but if you can't absorb information and concentrate it won't be of much use.

Artists are different, I suppose. Their creativity stems from within, so there isn't so much of a wall when it comes to art and music.


^This

In my case it was the input.

I absorb things particularly quickly from books and hands on work. Took Adderall for a bit before slowly dropping it, still have a bunch of it for when I need to focus. I can also agree with the artist bit.

2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/15

Shakalaka11 wrote:


why so butthurt? lol

Problems like these have been around since always but the methods were different. I bet there were many kids with hyperactivity since the dark ages too.

All I'm saying is that where I gew up this was seen as a normal condition in children's behaviors. No need to take medication unlike today where everything gets a fancy name and a new medication.


Right and back in the old days we used to drill a hole in peoples heads to "let out the evil spirits" too but we have evolved, well some more than others. In 30 years I'm sure there will be better diagnosis for stuff like cancer and the likes but until now we have what we have.

Some people need meds others don't, i didn't state that everyone needs meds or that everyone can live without them. ADDHD isn't just diagnosed in kids but adults as well and some kids never have it go away on its own.

Do you drink caffeine of any sort? If so then you get the idea that caffeine helps you wake up and get more alert, well for people with ADD/ADDHD it's the same concept just need a little more boost.

As I also said I dont enjoy man's medicine, I dont trust 99% of it and sometimes the cure is worse than the problem in our society. I dont think everyone should go rushing off to get meds just because they cant focus in school.
239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / I don't know, it'...
Offline
Posted 9/4/15
Posted 9/4/15


yall typing like its serious...im a troll , shes a troll we are all trolls lmao
Posted 9/4/15
I am NOT a troll.
On these forums anyway. I'll get in trouble if I do.

Also these are interesting responses.
Posted 9/4/15
I can't even.. no one wants to be what they aren't. *smacks lips* that was a delicious irony if I may say so. And on that not, I is done with my own little tenure here. I just might go to see the ocean, and enjoy the moment before the end. Ha ha ha!
(@#$% machine is STILL downloading... why does it think the word is its? It isnt really a great meaning, either . Ahh, OWN IT! Didnt suit me ya kin 'AVE IT
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.