Heart for Japan
21150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / CO
Offline
Posted 9/4/15 , edited 9/5/15
Hi, my name is Marcus! I'm a Christian who's going to Japan and I'd thought I could post here to share how you could be apart of this! I know many people here love Japan and the Japanese. I'm going to serve and be a blessing to them, I value their culture and want to serve in how they want to be served.

You can message me for any questions and post this on profile Facebook etc.

Hope this doesn't violate CR rules.





1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Hicksville Ohio(n...
Offline
Posted 9/4/15
Posted 9/4/15
Sure I'll pay you money to impose your culture and beliefs to a people that have somehow managed to stay out of the tentacles of the catholic machine and have their own relatively independent belief system.
50030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/4/15

haikinka wrote:

Sure I'll pay you money to impose your culture and beliefs to a people that have somehow managed to stay out of the tentacles of the catholic machine and have their own relatively independent belief system.


Catholicism was flourishing in Japan back in the 1500's. It was made illegal though and the Church never truly recovered from the persecutions.
Here is a statue of the Virgin Mary disguised as Guanyin.
21150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / CO
Offline
Posted 9/4/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


haikinka wrote:

Sure I'll pay you money to impose your culture and beliefs to a people that have somehow managed to stay out of the tentacles of the catholic machine and have their own relatively independent belief system.


Catholicism was flourishing in Japan back in the 1500's. It was made illegal though and the Church never truly recovered from the persecutions.
Here is a statue of the Virgin Mary disguised as Guanyin.


Oh wow thanks for the picture Huasteco!

And I don't want to impose my culture. I actually want to come underneath and serve the Japanese. I believe it's important to value culture, tradition, and history.

But my heart breaks for the broken families, the suicides, and issues that I believe are fruit of a deeper root issue.

This post wasn't me begging for money, I believe my Father will provide. But I wanted to give people an opportunity to invest in a country and people they love, by helping to send someone to go love and serve them.

The post doesn't have a lot of information but if you click the link you can see a brief history of my testimony of finding Jesus, and a video of me serving with a team in the Philippines. If someone feels in their heart to give great, but I hope at least the story can bring hope and inspiration to someone ^_^
13766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/5/15
If you are going to serve the residents of Japan then I hope you have studied a bit of Shintoism and how it interacts with Christianity in Japan.

If you can get your head around the concept that many Japanese christians also honour their ancestors and respect the spiritual world around them then you should be able to fit in okay. If you are going over with the idea of correcting their view of the world and bringing them to a purely christian belief system then you will struggle.

The suicide problem in Japan is a difficult issue and one without any magical silver bullet to resolve. On a personal level you may be able to help out a few people who are struggling and make them reconsider about suicide but at a national level, religion alone can't resolve the problem.
One Punch Mod
88446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 9/5/15 , edited 9/5/15

TheDemonWithin wrote:

Hi, my name is Marcus! I'm a Christian who's going to Japan and I'd thought I could post here to share how you could be apart of this! I know many people here love Japan and the Japanese. I'm going to serve and be a blessing to them, I value their culture and want to serve in how they want to be served.

You can message me for any questions and post this on profile Facebook etc.

Hope this doesn't violate CR rules.



Hi. Personal fundraising is not allowed on Crunchyroll so I've closed this thread and removed the link from your post.

I do wish you the best in your travels and find it to be a rewarding experience.
You must be logged in to post.