First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Share your period horror story
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/5/15

Selenae wrote:

Never thought I'd be talking about this subject on an anime forum of all places, but ask and ye shall receive...



Wow. That would be so bad. At least by 19 you're old enough to where I hope people were mature about it. In the most respectful manner possible I'd proudly offer up my pants to you and sit the rest of class in my boxers. =p
5428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/5/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I like how all the girls are being serious and pouring their hearts out, and all the younger guys are making fart jokes and all the 40+ guys are the only ones who are being considerate and supportive.


We are SOOOOO used to that though... You should see a Gender Studies class when we start discussing the clitoris.
Like, What precisely did you expect? It's kind of an important part of the title...
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/5/15 , edited 9/5/15

Zenatyra wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I like how all the girls are being serious and pouring their hearts out, and all the younger guys are making fart jokes and all the 40+ guys are the only ones who are being considerate and supportive.


We are SOOOOO used to that though... You should see a Gender Studies class when we start discussing the clitoris.
Like, What precisely did you expect? It's kind of an important part of the title...


I have no idea if I'm lucky or unlucky to not have been required to take a Gender Studies class.
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15
I get intense stabbing pains that feel like knives. and I soak through tampons every half hour. it looks like a horror scene yet i still pull myself out of bed and pull off appearing "normal" at work. at the same time I don't interact much with any empolyees.

i'm a period ninja.
5428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Zenatyra wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I like how all the girls are being serious and pouring their hearts out, and all the younger guys are making fart jokes and all the 40+ guys are the only ones who are being considerate and supportive.


We are SOOOOO used to that though... You should see a Gender Studies class when we start discussing the clitoris.
Like, What precisely did you expect? It's kind of an important part of the title...


I have no idea if I'm lucky or unlucky to not have been required to take a Gender Studies class.



Gender studies is an interesting field. I can't handle it because it brings out my anger at the world. I'd recommend doing at least some cursory gender studies stuff, just on the basis that you're able to handle this thread, so you're mature enough to deal with this knowledge. A lot of it is on stigma, and toxic heteronormativity. Which is where all the "Women's mysteries" stuff comes in.

Apparently "Women's mysteries" are extremely well kept, because I have seen them referenced in things written by men since at least 500 BCE, but no woman I've ever met knows what in the hell they are...

For all I know its just "Hey the womb is pretty much stationary and does not in fact choke me." "We have the only organ which only deals with pleasure" (A detail that causes some fascinating theological debate between St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine), and "OMG MENSTRUATION RUN AWAY"
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15

lambofgenesis wrote: I have no idea if I'm lucky or unlucky to not have been required to take a Gender Studies class.
I think most of them are not worth having or it mostly depends where.
Sargon with Gender Studies Degrees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaid4utCQGw

Sargon with Middle class (in gender studies) talking about stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US1ipNlsGYY more gentel ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPBSFS0orBY

Christina Hoff saying more its rather "unbalanced"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snru8ZSfmkg


and ofc younger boys that has no info on menstruation don't know how to respond...
maybe knows a little through mother else is as new as it was for your first time (only it didn't happend to them and was not that extreme but still extreme enough from something they never thought about before it happend)


of how sexist and ignorent guys are to women

how do you expect them to handle something totally "new" (<- depends) and never dealt with before, but yes too many guys are not as tough as before (I would say) where they knew they could not stand around doing nothing (mostly because of work like a lot of walking and doing heavy work even though its also a way to make people more ignorant)
and had to do something that would mostly relax both even if its agreeing with everything and anything.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
I'm not really sure, but the gist I'm getting is that Gender Studies is a class targeted toward people who want to enlighten themselves of how ignorant and sexist guys are to women and their physical anatomy?

But, then again, I've been on this earth for like two decades, almost three, and I've never seen anyone bleed through their pants, have never seen bloody seats, people walking around with bloody pants without realizing, or any of the eye-opening experiences in this thread.

So, idk... it's weird. I can't blame people for being ignorant, but ignorance really isn't an excuse especially when you're supposed to strive for an empathetic reflex rather than an ignorant one.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15

lambofgenesis wrote: ignorant and sexist guys are to women and their physical anatomy?
I think the more we go into the future this will be a big problem (atleast 1st world problem) where genders are going to split a lot.

Sorry if I am going under water the more I talk about this never been with a women anyways...

11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote: ignorant and sexist guys are to women and their physical anatomy?
I think the more we go into the future this will be a big problem (atleast 1st world problem) where genders are going to split a lot.

Sorry if I am going under water the more I talk about this never been with a women anyways...



Actually I don't think it'll become more of a problem :). As can be seen in this thread, after guys have become more experienced with girls and hit their 40s+, they become more empathetic and understanding.

I mean, people in general end up with a significant other of the opposite sex (I think homosexuality is still a minority), so I mean, guys really have 0 choice but to not stay ignorant.

I think the gender awareness issues is moreso something that teens and people in their 20s have.
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15


That takes some serious guts you know o.o One thing i like doing is wearing sweaters around my waist during it idk it just kinda lifts up a bit of my weariness. Sneezing is painful when i'm on it..
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

VZ68 wrote:

"Freebleeders" are scary.


i looked it up.... what the fuck..

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

artgal1 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

"Freebleeders" are scary.


i looked it up.... what the fuck..



It's strange, I don't get it.
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

VZ68 wrote:


artgal1 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

"Freebleeders" are scary.


i looked it up.... what the fuck..



It's strange, I don't get it.


This new feminist trend is just wow..

1767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
I had my first period when I was in 5th grade and had a leak accident once while in school.

I very rarely experience cramps or emotional changes during my period. But my arms and legs would feel a little weak. Sometimes I need a little more sleep during the first couple of days, and my feet would feel even colder than usual. My sister and my female friends, on the other hand, often complain about cramps that get so bad they have to take pain relievers.
31468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
I bled quite heavily during the night once, and I was in a student dorms but staying in this guy's room so I had to quickly run back to my room across the really long corridor with blood soaked pyjama bottoms. I checked the bed, luckily there was no blood stains on his sheets it was just all on me -__- oh God! If there was I think I would have died of embarrassment. So I quickly ran back into my room, cleaned myself up and then ran back to his room and climbed back into bed like nothing had happened. I hate being a girl SO much.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.