One Punch Mod
9/20 - Closing thread because volume of inquiries has died down and the time is now past for code redemption deadline. Any additional questions or unresolved issues regarding the offer should be directed to Customer Support via the Contact Us form (if you've not contacted them already) or by replying to any prior email from support that you received regarding your issue.
9/13 UPDATE: Loot Crate codes have been sent to those who were eligible but hadn't received them. If you haven't received one and are sure you are eligible, contact customer support using the Contact Us form. Please note it may be a day or two before you receive a non-automated response. See below for more info.
Hi everybody. The same few questions and concerns keep coming up about the Crunchyroll Premium Trial + Loot Crate promotion, and the answers are getting a little buried in existing threads. It also seems that the updated opening post in the longest thread is being overlooked, so hopefully this separate "sticky" thread will help!
1) I signed up on the CR + Loot Crate offer page, but I haven't received my email with the Loot Crate code yet.
- There was a known issue with some users not receiving the email initially, but now all the codes have been sent.
- You must have signed up before 5 pm (Pacific Time) on September 6. (The Loot Crate offer ended early due to high demand/low quantity. If you followed a link and the sign-page you landed on did not promote the special loot-crate deal, you are not eligible.)
- Make sure you are checking the email address that you used to sign up for Crunchyroll and not a different one.
- If you are sure you are eligible and have not received the code, contact customer support using the Contact Us form.
- Per the terms of service you'll have until September 18 to redeem the code.
2) Do I need to sign up at Loot Crate before I get my code?
No. The email that provides your code will direct you where to go. There's a special promotion link to Loot Crate that you'll need to use. (See the "Terms of Service" that I've copied at the bottom of this post for more details.)
3) I got my Loot Crate code, and tried to use it, but I got a message saying it's invalid.
Please note that US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand are the only countries that Loot Crate supports.
Remember, in addition to being a new Crunchyroll premium subscriber you must also be a new Loot Crate subscriber to be eligible for the free crate.
Make sure there are not spaces before or after the code when you copy and paste.
If you are sure you've not subscribed to either service before, are in a country serviced by Loot Crate, and are having trouble with the code you may contact customer support using the Contact Us form.
4) I'm getting a message saying I already used a trial or have been a Premium Member.
The offer is for new subscribers only. You aren't eligible for the offer if you have used a trial in the last year or have been a premium member. If you are signing up using an existing account then you can check the last time you redeemed a membership for that account by going to your Premium history page: https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct?action=membership_history
If you really, really are sure you haven't had a premium member account and haven't used a trial offer in the last year, then contact customer support using the Contact Us form.
5(a) How do I sign up for this offer?
5(b) I signed up for the offer, but I'm not sure what to do next.
Remember, this is for new premium subscribers only, and if you've used a premium trial in the last year you aren't eligible.
Sign up at https://www.crunchyroll.com/lootcrate. There are also several ads running that you can click through on.
Update. Due to high demand and limited quantities, the Loot Crate portion of the offer ended early. Those who signed up using the special link after the offer ended were offered a 30-day CR trial premium membership (instead of the usual 14-day.)
From the original sign up page:
1. Subscribe to Crunchyroll Premium here [i.e. using the sign-up box displayed.]
2. Check your email.
3. Follow email instructions to subscribe to Loot Crate [As mentioned above, it is a known issue that some users are not receiving this email right away. This is being worked on, and users can expect to receive the email later.]
[See the Terms of Service, copied below, for more details]
Details from the Terms of Service (This promotion is currently the very first section there.) Here's a copy that I've broken down line by line:
-This promotion is a promotion that offers new subscribers to Crunchyroll (“Participants”), who sign up for a 30-day free trial via www.crunchyroll.com/lootcrate, a redemption code for the first month of a new Loot Crate subscription free ("Loot Crate Offer").
- Upon completing the sign up for the 30-day free trial to Crunchyroll, new Participants will receive a Loot Crate redemption code for the Loot Crate Offer via the email provided during Crunchyroll sign up.
- Only Participants that are eligible for a 30-day free trial qualify for this promotion.
- The promotion commences on September 4, 2015 and ends on September 7, 2015. Participants must complete the Crunchyroll 30-day free trial sign up by 11:59 pm PST, September 7, 2015 to receive the Loot Crate redemption code.
- To redeem the Loot Crate Offer, Participants will need to visit the Loot Crate site www.lootcrate.com/crunchyroll?promotion=laborday , provide credit card and shipping information, and enter the Loot Crate redemption code in the coupon code section of the Loot Crate sign up flow.
- As no purchase is necessary, Participants will not be charged. However, unless cancelled, the subscription to both services will automatically renew on a month to month basis and Participants will be charged the associated fee for the respective service at such time.
- Loot Crate redemption codes must be entered no later than 11:59 PM PST, September 18, 2015. The Loot Crate redemption codes received through this promotion will be invalid after September 18, 2015.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply, see Loot Crate site for more details. SHIPMENT DESTINATIONS AND QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED.
Links to posts from customer support reps regarding this (most say essentially the same thing, but a couple offer additional points of clarification):
Edit Sep 6
Links to the special offer url now indicate that the Loot Crate promotion is no longer available but provides an offer for a 30-day Crunchyroll premium member trial. The message reads:
Due to high demand and limited quantities, our special Free Loot Crate offer is no longer available. However, please still enjoy a Free Month of Crunchyroll by signing up here!
The ad that had been displayed on Crunchyroll has been removed. The usual links for a trial offer go to a 14-day trial signup.