First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply 20 Things the Rich Do Every Day
1452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
The rich has access to food
The rich has access to water
The rich has access to shelter
The rich has access to recreational activities
The rich has access to schooling
The rich has access to health centers
The rich has access to electricity
The rich has access to the internet
The rich has access to purchasing
The rich has access to jobs
The rich has access to transportation
The rich has access to independence
The rich has access to courts
The rich has access to sanitation services
The rich has access to appliances & electronics
The rich has access to human relationships
The rich has access to music
The rich has access to anime/manga/LN
The rich has access to crunchyroll
The rich has access to fapping
51110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15

biscuitnote wrote:


The Koch Brothers employ thousands and those peoples lives are better for being employed. If you honestly think capitalism is all about cheating you obviously have very little business experience.


For someone who claims to be in favor of capitalism, you sure seem to really like the corrupt version of it we have now. Businesses should compete in order to give the average citizen more variety in products and at an affordable price. What we have now is the bigger businesses regulating the smaller ones to ensure that there is very little competition and all the wealth goes to them. The average citizen pays the price for the dirty moves of the guys in power.

I don't know what brainwashed outlet you get your information from, but the Koch brothers are notorious for their corruption and for kicking the little man when he's down. Unfortunately, they're untouchable thanks to all the influence they have over mainstream republicans.
17434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15
Trolls need to check their work before posting.

Your previous post on minimum wage used a JFK quote was taken out of context as it was from JFK's inaugural speech on a referendum of American core beliefs during the Cold War as a support for business negotiations, which was instantly humorous. Perhaps the Cold War is no longer taught in history classes. Here's a link to the speech: http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/Research-Aids/Ready-Reference/JFK-Quotations/Inaugural-Address.aspx

Your post here was funnier still. You chose not to count or list appropriately. Point one is actually two points, so you actually have 21 things, not twenty. See for yourself: 1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day. 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble.

Sources are bravo. Counting is bravo. Checking your cut-and-paste job is bravo.

You need to work on your game, son.
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15
A lot of highly successful people are dropouts.
17175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

For someone who claims to be in favor of capitalism, you sure seem to really like the corrupt version of it we have now. Businesses should compete in order to give the average citizen more variety in products and at an affordable price. What we have now is the bigger businesses regulating the smaller ones to ensure that there is very little competition and all the wealth goes to them. The average citizen pays the price for the dirty moves of the guys in power.

I don't know what brainwashed outlet you get your information from, but the Koch brothers are notorious for their corruption and for kicking the little man when he's down. Unfortunately, they're untouchable thanks to all the influence they have over mainstream republicans.
Competition is great!

........but increase the tax on foreign goods
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

grandtroll wrote:

The rich has access to food
The rich has access to water
The rich has access to shelter
The rich has access to recreational activities
The rich has access to schooling
The rich has access to health centers
The rich has access to electricity
The rich has access to the internet
The rich has access to purchasing
The rich has access to jobs
The rich has access to transportation
The rich has access to independence
The rich has access to courts
The rich has access to sanitation services
The rich has access to appliances & electronics
The rich has access to human relationships
The rich has access to music
The rich has access to anime/manga/LN
The rich has access to crunchyroll
The rich has access to fapping


17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/15 , edited 9/6/15
The rich are born in America.
Or Europe.

The places with developed economies, where the rule of law is stable and people can work hard to do better for themselves, their families, and communities, and benefit from that work. Places where automation is prevalent and the people are educated. Places that have food, water, shelter, and trade with others.

Of course, the truly rich are the satisfied. But I'm not sure many aspire to that.
6285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Sources? none.


http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/20-things-the-rich-do-every-day


So this was a summery of Dave's blog post which is in turn an article on Tom Corley writing an article in his blog promoting his book "Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals" with Dave's adds for Dave's insurance provider and Dave's budget planner included and now omitted.
But no sources were given for the book by anyone.


These aren't terribly radical claims though some might be exaggerations via cherry-picking a more varied body of statistics bu I've encountered similar claims countless times over the years from at least ostensibly neutral parties. I've seen negative takes on the same broad spectrum used for say arguing that "organic food" is actually a social problem because it is wasteful of resources that can never viably feed everyone.

There isn't much dispute that the well off lead "better" lives, heck a lot of that is arguably circular logic. We value things because the elites do them (because they can afford to, particularly in regards to having spare time to) and the elites do them because its expected of their position.

This is simply a pointless fact though. When used by parties like the OP it is simply a transparent attempt to establish "moral superiority" as an attempt to justify evil and outdated policies like "small government" they have built personally for themselves by buying into the Myth of Meritocratic Success. The logic goes that the rich's superiority is earned so shouldn't be "take away" by measures like say eliminating capital gain's lower rates, raising minimum wage, or looking at executive compensation with a critical eye.

Ironically such parties tend to be the surest route to the destruction of the very myth they treasure most. Left on its own a free market does not continue to thrive and have a high tide that lifts all boats. Rather established winners take measures to ensure their result are locked in, trading creativity and innovation for stable rent. You see this in the IP regimes, the cable industry, military procurement, etc. Any economic system will go that way given a long enough time frame. Nobody actually wants to work super hard forever, eventually they want their 'reward' and rig things to be easier. To just sit back and collect the rent on things they own. And then of course there's the subtle measures to create an aristocracy across generations where what you know is less important then who you know because of who you are. People that truly come up by their proverbial bootstraps are rare, a case like the Bushes and Roosevelts is rather more typical of America. Which having never had a formal aristocracy tends to ignore its actual aristocratic elements.

Not that its that terribly different anywhere, but say European history has more obvious examples that can be said to make them leery of that sort of thing.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/6/15

biscuitnote wrote:

1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day. 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble.

2. 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.

3. 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically four days a week. 23% of poor do this.

4. 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% of poor people.

5. 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% of poor.

6. 63% of wealthy parents make their children read two or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% of poor.

7. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% of poor.

8. 80% of wealthy make Happy Birthday calls vs. 11% of poor.

9. 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% of poor.

10. 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs. 2% of poor.

11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.

12. 79% of wealthy network five hours or more each month vs. 16% of poor.

13. 67% of wealthy watch one hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% of poor.

14. 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% of poor.

15. 44% of wealthy wake up three hours before work starts vs. 3% of poor.

16. 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% of poor.

17. 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% of poor.

18. 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% of poor.

19. 86% of wealthy believe in lifelong educational self-improvement vs. 5% of poor.

20. 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% of poor.

Thoughts it makes sense that those that are more responsible and study more will have more money. What does crunchyroll think?


Most importantly, the wealthy are usually the ones who seek out alternative medicine, and are into alternative nutrition like wheatgrass, soy, grape seed extract, etc. They are also more into the New Age spirituality.

Hmmmmmmmm (:

15011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
By the logic of the poll I should be rich... 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。

On a serious note, that was an interesting read but idk... what was that saying? 70% of all statistics are made up?
14466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Online
Posted 9/6/15

S4869hu wrote:

By the logic of the poll I should be rich... 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。

On a serious note, that was an interesting read but idk... what was that saying? 70% of all statistics are made up?


It's more common for the statistics to be real but also intentionally misinterpreted to serve a specific agenda. Even outside of misinterpretation there will be those that collect their data incorrectly whether it be intentional or not.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
I should note that I am very strongly in favor of property rights and people being ambitious. Laws don't grow food or make clothing, and I certainly see no reason that people shouldn't be able to work and use the fruits of their labor as they wish. I'm not a fan of envy nor conceit, and I hope I can be afflicted with neither and do better at the same time.
Posted 9/6/15
Jee I wonder why they can do all this stuff that poor people can't.
33341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
and here I thought it was luck
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 9/6/15
That stats can be used to compare the activities and involvement of users in this forum. Thanks for providing the info. I mentioned about this before [idea] but I didn't have the resources to back it up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.