First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
White Feminism
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/7/15
Feminists are stupid
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15

KarimFares wrote:

Feminists are stupid


No, they are not stupid, they do have many valid points, it's just that some of them have taken their views to the extreme. I was told by one woman that the sex act, even if it is consensual, is violence against women, and could be considered rape. Frankly, I always thought that she was a closet lesbian, but then I heard it from another woman.

However, I'm beginning to think that maybe whoever designed the human race made a mistake when they made males and females, they should have just made it possible for us to reproduce asexually.

Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15

Timmn wrote:


KarimFares wrote:

Feminists are stupid


No, they are not stupid, they do have many valid points, it's just that some of them have taken their views to the extreme. I was told by one woman that the sex act, even if it is consensual, is violence against women, and could be considered rape. Frankly, I always thought that she was a closet lesbian, but then I heard it from another woman.

However, I'm beginning to think that maybe whoever designed the human race made a mistake when they made males and females, they should have just made it possible for us to reproduce asexually.


Sex isn't just for reproduction. Sex is for fun too. There only so much you can enjoy by yourself.

reproduce asexually
Posted 9/7/15


yeah white like white like the color
do you know
57637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/7/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Most modern incarnations of feminism are annoying, nasty and exclusionary. I dropped the label a long time ago because of the sheer ratio of bad feminists to good ones.


Couldn't have worded it better myself, honestly. Plus in today's society everything has to have a label.
1018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15
I identify more or less as an egalitarian or a human equalist. Of course, I'm just a nursing student and not someone who is involved in any specific activism.

The reason I do not believe in feminism is simply because it recognizes sex (as in, male and female). I do not think equality will happen in its entirety as long as one is able to separate one human being from another whether through sex, race, etc. Instead of looking at one individual as a female, Caucasian and another as a male, African (just throwing examples), I think it would be more effective if we only labeled them as human beings.

Rambling on, I had a conversation with someone about the infamous wage gap, more specifically in my country (United States). Personally, I do not believe that a wage gap exists based on gender inequality for the sole reason that I have yet to see enough viable proof that clearly shows some sort of gender discrimination. I would like to see a side-by-side comparison of two individuals, a male and female, who work in the same profession under the same job title that not only lists their salary, education level, or work experience, but also their benefits, unpaid time off, paid time off, disciplinary record, hours worked, everything and anything. The person I had a conversation about this with was a professor at my college that taught some sort of genders studies class; when I asked her about the kind of data I'm looking for in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not their truly is gender discrimination being played about in the workforce in terms of pay, I was told that she would provide that kind of data to me another day. She has yet to show me anything, yet still insists that this "wage gap due to gender discrimination" is still rampant in my country.

If that's the case, then I know many self-identified feminists in the United States who claim gender discrimination in the workforce in terms of pay who do not have the appropriate information needed to make such a notion.


Anyway, I do not get involved with the majority of issues that feminism attempts to address since I am more concerned with nursing school and, well, my life. I don't disagree with everything that feminism stands for, but I do disagree or question the majority of the movement's stances whenever I hear or read about them from time to time.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/15

anzn wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

This thread would serve some purpose if the shitty side of feminism was anything close to a minority. As it is, you can draw all the lines in the sand you want but without a major fundamental change, feminism as a whole will continue to do more harm than good.

People back then thought the same thing about feminism during the previous waves.

People tend to purposely boil things down or only show attention to the shitty ones you hate so much. They know how gullible & how easy it is for people to misinterpret things for the worse.
Its called propaganda.

Its to make you think feminism is so bad & isn't needed.
If you really care for womens rights, you'd look past those, majority or not, and attempt see the point instead of turning it down completely because of that one girl who insulted you for being a straight white cis male or w/e.


When you look at the effects feminism tends to have, they are often anti-egalitarian or just plain ridiculous. In Universities, where feminism has arguably the most influence, the type of feminism that dominates is essentially the radical feminism that has shown to be extremely flawed. Further, large women's groups such as NOW often have effects which seem to push away equality such as their lobbying against joint custody.

When you boil it all down, the majority of the feminism that has any impact is problematic, no matter what you choose to call parts of it. That isn't to say that Women's Rights Advocates aren't needed, just that feminism needs to radically change if it wants to get to a place where it is actually helping in the grand scheme of things, and yes, part of that is working with men instead of against them, but that is only one piece of the solution.
Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15

sundin13 wrote:

When you look at the effects feminism tends to have, they are often anti-egalitarian or just plain ridiculous. In Universities, where feminism has arguably the most influence, the type of feminism that dominates is essentially the radical feminism that has shown to be extremely flawed. Further, large women's groups such as NOW often have effects which seem to push away equality such as their lobbying against joint custody.

When you boil it all down, the majority of the feminism that has any impact is problematic, no matter what you choose to call parts of it. That isn't to say that Women's Rights Advocates aren't needed, just that feminism needs to radically change if it wants to get to a place where it is actually helping in the grand scheme of things, and yes, part of that is working with men instead of against them, but that is only one piece of the solution.

There's that false info, anti-feminism & hate propaganda speaking.

Radical doesn't always means its bad, you know.
People back then thought the same thing about feminism being a thing, so what makes your reason & objection to radical change valid/even worth listening?
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15

anzn wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

When you look at the effects feminism tends to have, they are often anti-egalitarian or just plain ridiculous. In Universities, where feminism has arguably the most influence, the type of feminism that dominates is essentially the radical feminism that has shown to be extremely flawed. Further, large women's groups such as NOW often have effects which seem to push away equality such as their lobbying against joint custody.

When you boil it all down, the majority of the feminism that has any impact is problematic, no matter what you choose to call parts of it. That isn't to say that Women's Rights Advocates aren't needed, just that feminism needs to radically change if it wants to get to a place where it is actually helping in the grand scheme of things, and yes, part of that is working with men instead of against them, but that is only one piece of the solution.

There's that false info, anti-feminism & hate propaganda speaking.

Radical doesn't always means its bad, you know.
People back then thought the same thing about feminism being a thing, so what makes your reason & objection to radical change valid/even worth listening?


Do you want to actually contest anything I said or just tell me I'm wrong? (PS: I didn't really jam pack my post with facts, but NOW being against joint custody/shared parenting is something that they have a very open and clearly communicated policy on)

And while radical doesn't always mean bad, in this case, the feminism that exists on college campuses is largely the brand which favors heavy censorship, self victimization, coddling, and treating men as criminals. These fairly ridiculous viewpoints adopt a wrecking ball as a solution when a hammer would suffice, overreacting to the smallest trigger and suggesting authoritarian policies to combat perceived inequalities...
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 9/7/15
White feminists are the kind of people that love Miley Cyrus White feminism disregards women of color, trans women, and disabled women. Though I consider myself a feminist, these kinds are super gross and will hate you forever when you point out why their opinions are shitty.
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/7/15
True, i guess youre right
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 9/7/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Most modern incarnations of feminism are annoying, nasty and exclusionary. I dropped the label a long time ago because of the sheer ratio of bad feminists to good ones.


^ agree 100%
Posted 9/7/15
Just another reason why Feminism should off itself. The name and movement is obsolete. If equality is the goal, then Egalitarianism would be the best platform to achieve that goal.
Posted 9/7/15 , edited 9/7/15

sundin13 wrote:


anzn wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

When you look at the effects feminism tends to have, they are often anti-egalitarian or just plain ridiculous. In Universities, where feminism has arguably the most influence, the type of feminism that dominates is essentially the radical feminism that has shown to be extremely flawed. Further, large women's groups such as NOW often have effects which seem to push away equality such as their lobbying against joint custody.

When you boil it all down, the majority of the feminism that has any impact is problematic, no matter what you choose to call parts of it. That isn't to say that Women's Rights Advocates aren't needed, just that feminism needs to radically change if it wants to get to a place where it is actually helping in the grand scheme of things, and yes, part of that is working with men instead of against them, but that is only one piece of the solution.

There's that false info, anti-feminism & hate propaganda speaking.

Radical doesn't always means its bad, you know.
People back then thought the same thing about feminism being a thing, so what makes your reason & objection to radical change valid/even worth listening?


Do you want to actually contest anything I said or just tell me I'm wrong? (PS: I didn't really jam pack my post with facts, but NOW being against joint custody/shared parenting is something that they have a very open and clearly communicated policy on)

And while radical doesn't always mean bad, in this case, the feminism that exists on college campuses is largely the brand which favors heavy censorship, self victimization, coddling, and treating men as criminals. These fairly ridiculous viewpoints adopt a wrecking ball as a solution when a hammer would suffice, overreacting to the smallest trigger and suggesting authoritarian policies to combat perceived inequalities...

No I'm just asking how would your argument/objections are valid or right if people thought/said the same stuff as you did back then, but were later proven wrong, as you see.
"Feminism is not needed."
"Feminism is ridiculous."
"Their beliefs are ridiculous."

Should your opinion matter especially when you rather look at those feminists actions rather than their intentions and reasons?
And if you're not even a feminist either?

Maybe some feminists are "man haters", but what's their reason for it? Why do they hate men so much?
Some may have suffered from trauma due to certain, or just by even one, man in their life. People who went through trauma will react as such, what you see as purely prejudice/hate. Like victims of pedophilia, abandonment, rape, and any type of abuse, really.
That may not be true in some, or even most cases. But there are people definitely people, who are not even feminists too, have experienced that.

So what I'm trying to say here is, you cant deny women do actually face problems because theyre women. And they also dont have to fit a very specific criteria either to determine if feminism is useful or not. (Like women in 3rd world countries need feminism more than these women).
Sexism is alive and well, and if Hilary ever gets elected, it'll be more obvious.
Like how racism was more obvious once Obama was in office.

Just because you don't like how a couple of feminists you hear about sound, go about things, and say, isn't really justifiable reason to be anti-feminist....in my opinion.
If you really care for equality & womens/humans rights, you wouldn't be anti-feminist.

I'm not a feminist, but more pro-feminist. I support the cause & goal, but I don't support (or just fully support) their decisions & ways to go about it.Because I don't fully agree to them.
I'd rather be more Independent.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/15
I could join in the convo but I just want to point out that I hate how ill be reading any news or writing website and instead of an article they just have an embedded video. I come here to read goddamnit.
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/8/15
I think that modern-day extremist feminists are the reason we have misogynists.
I'm female, but because of some of the women I've come across like that I'm almost ashamed of it.
Reading some articles online about it, I don't blame men for generalizing woman as being completely crazy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.