First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
White Lady Goes Crazy Because She Got Green Peppers Instead Of Red
401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 9/8/15 , edited 9/8/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


yuummmmy wrote: I really don't like the saying "the customer is always right"
Sometimes its mostly used for if they talk about something like political stuff etc and that you should not care of it or you will be dragged into it while you are working or starting a bad fight loosing rep of the place you are serving at!

Else maybe food related or how you run your place they could have right or wrong sometimes they can have more right too like if many gets served bad or ill food and want to complain about it.



That makes sense, wanting to keep a good reputation but I believe a good boss is one that defends his/her employees when they are treated unfairly.

My mom told me once that a guy started yelling at her demanding for his food, he just got there and said he couldn't wait more than 1 minute for the food. Her boss came in and told him "you don't have to yell, respect her or get out".

If someone treats me like that I would prefer to lose my job than stay quiet. Then again, some people have to bite their tongues because losing a job is not an option. >_<



15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

yuummmmy wrote: My mom told me once that a guy started yelling at her demanding for his food, he just got there and said he couldn't wait more than 1 minute for the food. Her boss came in and told him "you don't have to yell, respect her or get out".

If someone treats me like that I would prefer to lose my job than stay quiet. Then again, some people have to bite their tongues because losing a job is not an option. >_<
ofc thats something you should not have tolerate but try different things like.
if he just comed to buy something and then says only has 1 min on him you say "If you only had 1 min then why did you come here? We don't use magic here now either wait or get out and find food some where else!"

401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


yuummmmy wrote: My mom told me once that a guy started yelling at her demanding for his food, he just got there and said he couldn't wait more than 1 minute for the food. Her boss came in and told him "you don't have to yell, respect her or get out".

If someone treats me like that I would prefer to lose my job than stay quiet. Then again, some people have to bite their tongues because losing a job is not an option. >_<
ofc thats something you should not have tolerate but try different things like.
if he just comed to buy something and then says only has 1 min on him you say "If you only had 1 min then why did you come here? We don't use magic here now either wait or get out and find food some where else!"



I would have done that but unfortunately, my mom is the kind of woman who stays quiet when someone yells at her =( she avoids confrontations and is very submissive especially at work.
46427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Frenzify wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

Its rude its obvious they talk about me in front of me in a language i do not understand and that is rude.


This would be that paranoia I was talking about.


Bullshit.
It would be paranoia if i would claim they talk in a language i don't understand to badmouth me or something like that.
In this particular case i think its reasonable to assume that they would be talking about the customer to find out of she really ordered red peppers and if the fault lays with the staff or customer.
BTW if they did not discuss the issue at hand and were instead chatting about the weather while dealing with an unsatisfied customer it would only make the whole matter worse.

Its pretty obvious that the woman overreacted but i am very surprised that no one points out that it takes a certain kind of idiot to mess up a simple order change like substitute the green pepper with red one.
401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Doomedfox wrote:


Its pretty obvious that the woman overreacted but i am very surprised that no one points out that it takes a certain kind of idiot to mess up a simple order change like substitute the green pepper with red one.


Mistakes happen, she wasn't the only customer there so maybe they got a lot of orders or simply forgot.

I don't mind when someone speaks in another language in front of me while at a restaurant. I think people are too sensitive these days.





46427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

yuummmmy wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:


Its pretty obvious that the woman overreacted but i am very surprised that no one points out that it takes a certain kind of idiot to mess up a simple order change like substitute the green pepper with red one.


Mistakes happen, she wasn't the only customer there so maybe they got a lot of orders or simply forgot.

I don't mind when someone speaks in another language in front of me while at a restaurant. I think people are too sensitive these days.







Of course mistakes happen but especially if you prepare food they should not and if you can not get a simple order right cause you have like what 8 more customers well i would not want a person like that prepare my food.

I too believe that the woman was overreacting but i can understand her.
Since i moved to America i had a hard time adjusting to the incompetence of service people in this country (not just food industry tho check outs delis and such as well)i have time i am not in a rush but if i would still be working i would go crazy like that woman as well.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Doomedfox wrote:


Frenzify wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

Its rude its obvious they talk about me in front of me in a language i do not understand and that is rude.


This would be that paranoia I was talking about.


Bullshit.
It would be paranoia if i would claim they talk in a language i don't understand to badmouth me or something like that.
In this particular case i think its reasonable to assume that they would be talking about the customer to find out of she really ordered red peppers and if the fault lays with the staff or customer.
BTW if they did not discuss the issue at hand and were instead chatting about the weather while dealing with an unsatisfied customer it would only make the whole matter worse.

Its pretty obvious that the woman overreacted but i am very surprised that no one points out that it takes a certain kind of idiot to mess up a simple order change like substitute the green pepper with red one.


In which case, you should have been more clear. I assumed you were talking about yourself in some hypothetical scenario. Whatever the case, yelling at a person to speak English, when they're not talking to the person is all kinds of rude. If they were saying "Oh god. This woman is such a bitch," that'd be rude. Very true, but rude. I stand by my view that it's paranoia. Say I'm the only one in a fast food restaurant and order a burger, or something, would it be rude if the workers talked to themselves in their first language? Even if they would be talking about me, who cares? They're strangers I have no interested in getting to know. As long as I remain ignorant to the matter and they're not pointing and laughing, does it really matter? Even so, I find it unlikely this is as uncontrollably common as you make it out to be. The average fast food customer isn't so interesting that the employees just have to talk about all of them behind their backs.

Also, people make mistakes at work. Service workers are no exception. Is the solution to be a rude bitch and scream at them? Of course not. Even if the employees were at some fault here, which I do agree that they were, by getting the order wrong, this woman completely blew things out of proportion. Yes, you expect someone working at the counter to get your order right, but no matter how you look at this, it's an incredibly pathetic thing to complain about. I don't want to turn things into this kind of discussion, but talk about first fucking world problems. So they mixed up the kind of bell peppers in her order, who cares? I still stand by my original comment that she's a shit parent if she lets her children dictate what she feeds them. Send them to a less fortunate family in the developing world and let's see how picky they'll remain. No matter how you look at this, this woman was clearly the one most at fault here, and it's incredibly hard to fight for her side, in my opinion.
46427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/8/15 , edited 9/8/15

Frenzify wrote:

In which case, you should have been more clear. I assumed you were talking about yourself in some hypothetical scenario. Whatever the case, yelling at a person to speak English, when they're not talking to the person is all kinds of rude. If they were saying "Oh god. This woman is such a bitch," that'd be rude. Very true, but rude. I stand by my view that it's paranoia. Say I'm the only one in a fast food restaurant and order a burger, or something, would it be rude if the workers talked to themselves in their first language? Even if they would be talking about me, who cares? They're strangers I have no interested in getting to know. As long as I remain ignorant to the matter and they're not pointing and laughing, does it really matter? Even so, I find it unlikely this is as uncontrollably common as you make it out to be. The average fast food customer isn't so interesting that the employees just have to talk about all of them behind their backs.

Also, people make mistakes at work. Service workers are no exception. Is the solution to be a rude bitch and scream at them? Of course not. Even if the employees were at some fault here, which I do agree that they were, by getting the order wrong, this woman completely blew things out of proportion. Yes, you expect someone working at the counter to get your order right, but no matter how you look at this, it's an incredibly pathetic thing to complain about. I don't want to turn things into this kind of discussion, but talk about first fucking world problems. So they mixed up the kind of bell peppers in her order, who cares? I still stand by my original comment that she's a shit parent if she lets her children dictate what she feeds them. Send them to a less fortunate family in the developing world and let's see how picky they'll remain. No matter how you look at this, this woman was clearly the one most at fault here, and it's incredibly hard to fight for her side, in my opinion.


So if your child would want to be a vegetarian and you let it that makes you a shit parent?
You do have some very interesting views there lol

Lets say the employees would be white the restaurant in (insert none English speaking country here) and we have the same scenario the customer (not white this time) complains and the white employees start talking in a language the customer does not understand possible calling her names and trying to figure out how to get rid of her without having to correct the mistake.
In that scenario would all you people who are hating on the woman now still say the same things?

My point is that this world gets more shitty with each new generation respect for one another is on an all time low the white woman in that video was out of line but the employees were not blameless.

And if you go order a burger and the clerk turns around and relays your order to the chef (One burger for this ugly mofo here) i do not think you would like it only cause the clerk would use a language you do not understand does not mean its suddenly ok.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Doomedfox wrote:

So if your child would want to be a vegetarian and you let it that makes you a shit parent?
You do have some very interesting views there lol

Lets say the employees would be white the restaurant in (insert none English speaking country here) and we have the same scenario the customer (not white this time) complains and the white employees start talking in a language the customer does not understand possible calling her names and trying to figure out how to get rid of her without having to correct the mistake.
In that scenario would all you people who are hating on the woman now still say the same things?

My point is that this world gets more shitty with each new generation respect for one another is on an all time low the white woman in that video was out of line but the employees were not blameless.

And if you go order a burger and the clerk turns around and relays your order to the chef (One burger for this ugly mofo here) i do not think you would like it only cause the clerk would use a language you do not understand does not mean its suddenly ok.


Yes, because vegetarianism and not eating green bell peppers are exactly the same thing. I'm sure there are multiple religious and cultural reasons to not eat green bell peppers, but say that eating red ones are fine. So, if your child said they hate all vegetables and wouldn't eat them, you'd just take it, and let them gorge themselves on junk? Well, good luck to you.

Regarding your second example, of course that would be out of line, but it's a purely hypocritical situation, based on you completely assuming the worst of people, with no evidence, for God knows whatever reason. Do you walk down the road and assume every single person you walk past is making a mental comment about you? None of this is convincing me this is nothing but paranoia.

You say respect is at an all time low, but at the same time, we're becoming much more accepting and tolerant, so I'm not to sure about that.

You just seem to have some very pessimistic views of service workers if you think that they've got some undying urge to refer to every customer in some disrespectful manner, when talking in their language. Maybe it's a little rude when dealing with a complaint, but in a normal situation, say, like if they're just casually chatting, or giving directions, and not talking to the customer, then it doesn't matter. It would just be a matter of nosiness and paranoia.
6756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 9/8/15
Lol what a fucking wanker.

I can understand the anger at the sometimes inexcusable levels of incompetence I encounter at restaurants but getting pissy because they 'dare' to speak another language to each other in front of you? Get the fuck over yourself.
8112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

MissKittenVicious wrote:

Interesting fact: The United States of America does not have an official language, so I don't know where some people get the nerve to tell anyone they should speak English because they're in America.


Our world language is American English though. It's what we use to represent ourselves to the rest of the world, so it's only natural for most people to just believe it is our native language. That is solidified strongly by the fact that our educational system (generally) doesn't require us to learn another language, as most other countries do. As far as the original language goes, I suppose it could have been any of the tribal languages. Mine speaks Ojibwe, but I only know scraps of it, myself.
1829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/8/15
She still took the food though.
Walking out doors...get it right the first time.
46427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/8/15

Frenzify wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

So if your child would want to be a vegetarian and you let it that makes you a shit parent?
You do have some very interesting views there lol

Lets say the employees would be white the restaurant in (insert none English speaking country here) and we have the same scenario the customer (not white this time) complains and the white employees start talking in a language the customer does not understand possible calling her names and trying to figure out how to get rid of her without having to correct the mistake.
In that scenario would all you people who are hating on the woman now still say the same things?

My point is that this world gets more shitty with each new generation respect for one another is on an all time low the white woman in that video was out of line but the employees were not blameless.

And if you go order a burger and the clerk turns around and relays your order to the chef (One burger for this ugly mofo here) i do not think you would like it only cause the clerk would use a language you do not understand does not mean its suddenly ok.


Yes, because vegetarianism and not eating green bell peppers are exactly the same thing. I'm sure there are multiple religious and cultural reasons to not eat green bell peppers, but say that eating red ones are fine. So, if your child said they hate all vegetables and wouldn't eat them, you'd just take it, and let them gorge themselves on junk? Well, good luck to you.

Regarding your second example, of course that would be out of line, but it's a purely hypocritical situation, based on you completely assuming the worst of people, with no evidence, for God knows whatever reason. Do you walk down the road and assume every single person you walk past is making a mental comment about you? None of this is convincing me this is nothing but paranoia.

You say respect is at an all time low, but at the same time, we're becoming much more accepting and tolerant, so I'm not to sure about that.

You just seem to have some very pessimistic views of service workers if you think that they've got some undying urge to refer to every customer in some disrespectful manner, when talking in their language. Maybe it's a little rude when dealing with a complaint, but in a normal situation, say, like if they're just casually chatting, or giving directions, and not talking to the customer, then it doesn't matter. It would just be a matter of nosiness and paranoia.


Well its not really the same i am aware i stretched that example but you said it as a matter of fact that listening to your child about food makes you a bad parent so you kinda left the door wide open for that.
We also do not know if the children don't want to eat it or of the parent made the decision tho.

I do not think we are becoming more accepting and tolerant tho i believe most people just don't care to go the extra mile anymore to act respectful and in a civilized manner.Being accepting and tolerant isn't always good anyways if you all wouldn't just accept bad service you would get better one.

I never claimed the people in the video were calling the woman names i simple stated that it is rude to switch to a language she would not understand while discussing her complain right in front of her.
I Trained in the service industry for 2 years myself in my youth so i do not have any pessimistic views on service personal i just was trained to do my job right and respectful and i never would have switch to German in front of a English speaking guest to talk about his problem right in front of him.Admittedly i was trained in a 4 star hotel maybe standards are not really the same but bottom line is that if i make a mistake the last thing i would do is disrespect the guest when he complains.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.