First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Indie culture
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
sure you've heard of indie rock, but no one seems to know about the actual culture.

wikipedia has an okay description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_%28culture%29

urbandictionary.com isn't bad either: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=indie

this thread is to help those who don't know what indie is about so feel free to ask questions, make comments, and share your thoughts and ideas.
Posted 2/7/08
Cool, thanks for teaching me something I had no idea about. Advant-Garde is a new phrase I can use now.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I love indie music (most mainstream sucks)
2197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wherever this tak...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
Indi culture? wait.....theres a CULTURE for indi? o.0
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

mahooya wrote:

heey
i don't know much about indian culture but look intersting to share but china and japan make me Curiose more but deson't mean i can share with u some thing:D
and arabic coz every time i discover something new actually am arabic girl so i use to discover my country culture is very deep and Complex

thanks 4 post



common misconception, indie culture and indian culture are two different things.
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Dreos wrote:

Indi culture? wait.....theres a CULTURE for indi? o.0


this is why i made the thread.
3892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / West Ar Rifa`
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

cheezeio wrote:


mahooya wrote:

heey
i don't know much about indian culture but look intersting to share but china and japan make me Curiose more but deson't mean i can share with u some thing:D
and arabic coz every time i discover something new actually am arabic girl so i use to discover my country culture is very deep and Complex

thanks 4 post



common misconception, indie culture and indian culture are two different things.


oups
forgive me
it was misunderstanding
i will see much more about indie culture
2197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wherever this tak...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
Sayin a type of music has a culture behind it is correct. Theres loads of them, not jus Indi. Sorry to say I dont really follow the cultures, jus enjoy the music ^_^;
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Dreos wrote:

Sayin a type of music has a culture behind it is correct. Theres loads of them, not jus Indi. Sorry to say I dont really follow the cultures, jus enjoy the music ^_^;


another common misconception, indie culture came before indie music.
298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Groningen, nether...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I often watch indie tv because they talk funny and sometimes it sounds a lot like my nabors, they are indien people I think I have satelite
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

missalxq wrote:

I often watch indie tv because they talk funny and sometimes it sounds a lot like my nabors, they are indien people I think I have satelite


you don't mean indian do you? indian is different than indie, indie is a style not a race.
2197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wherever this tak...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

cheezeio wrote:


Dreos wrote:

Sayin a type of music has a culture behind it is correct. Theres loads of them, not jus Indi. Sorry to say I dont really follow the cultures, jus enjoy the music ^_^;


another common misconception, indie culture came before indie music.


Umm..I wasnt giving the timeline...just saying that alot of types of music have their own culture behind it >.>

Methinks maybe you jus like saying 'misconception' =P
298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Groningen, nether...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

cheezeio wrote:


missalxq wrote:

I often watch indie tv because they talk funny and sometimes it sounds a lot like my nabors, they are indien people I think I have satelite


you don't mean indian do you? indian is different than indie, indie is a style not a race.


no not indian, people who talk indie I don't know how you say that in english, I know it in dutch we call it indische mensen, they always cook so good:P and there culture is great I love there weddings I've been to two of them because my nabor has two sons and two daughters...guess who are married :p the girls
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
indie is for weaklings

listen to metal
34848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Dreos wrote:


cheezeio wrote:


Dreos wrote:

Sayin a type of music has a culture behind it is correct. Theres loads of them, not jus Indi. Sorry to say I dont really follow the cultures, jus enjoy the music ^_^;


another common misconception, indie culture came before indie music.


Umm..I wasnt giving the timeline...just saying that alot of types of music have their own culture behind it >.>

Methinks maybe you jus like saying 'misconception' =P


hmmm, it just happens to be a word that works for what i'm trying to say. and the music is behind the culture because the culture came first... not really important but wtvr.

misconception misconception misconception misconception XDDD
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.