First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Alabama town considering ban on saggy pants, short shorts and miniskirts
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

Wobbuffetking wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


Wobbuffetking wrote:

Yeah let's also ban swearing and insulting other people.
While we're at it lets make it required to shower twice a day, brush your teeth, and generally make sure that
Anyone around you isn't uncomfortable in anyway you can help because common decency RIGHT GUYS.


Yeah... because that's EXACTLY the same as people having to see your ass. EXACTLY. You really nailed it.... wait...nope... just another smartass.


I never said it was exactly the same, but all of those could also fit in your argument of why this law is good.


No.... it really isn't the same thing at all.

Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't mind a law enforcing teeth brushing, showers, etc.... but NO.... not even close.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Wobbuffetking wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


Wobbuffetking wrote:

Yeah let's also ban swearing and insulting other people.
While we're at it lets make it required to shower twice a day, brush your teeth, and generally make sure that
Anyone around you isn't uncomfortable in anyway you can help because common decency RIGHT GUYS.


Yeah... because that's EXACTLY the same as people having to see your ass. EXACTLY. You really nailed it.... wait...nope... just another smartass.


I never said it was exactly the same, but all of those could also fit in your argument of why this law is good.


No.... it really isn't the same thing at all.

Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't mind a law enforcing teeth brushing, showers, etc.... but NO.... not even close.


I never said it was the same, but your explanation for why this law should exist could also be stretched to include what I mentioned.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15 , edited 9/13/15

Wobbuffetking wrote:
I never said it was the same, but your explanation for why this law should exist could also be stretched to include what I mentioned.


Sure, if you can give good reason that those things bother other people.

I would argue that people who are stinky, not people who only shower once per day, are a problem. I would go a bit further and say only those I kiss or talk to in close proximity should worry about how my breath smells.

However, an ass hanging out will bother me at 50 yards or better.

BUT... I would personally be willing to agree to laws for those things, if it prevented me from seeing someone else's ass. :/
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/13/15 , edited 9/13/15
Must be a "lets not offend the Muslims" thing?
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Wobbuffetking wrote:
I never said it was the same, but your explanation for why this law should exist could also be stretched to include what I mentioned.


Sure, if you can give good reason that those things bother other people.

I would argue that people who are stinky, not people who only shower once per day, are a problem. I would go a bit further and say only those I kiss or talk to in close proximity should worry about how my breath smells.

However, an ass hanging out will bother me at 50 yards or better.

BUT... I would personally be willing to agree to laws for those things, if it prevented me from seeing someone else's ass. :/


Well there are a decent amount of people that don't like swearing( especially the big ones that start with F, N, and C ) and being randomly insulted by some guy is just annoying. The shower twice a day was just a bad example, should've been more showering at all.
The biggest problem with making laws that ban this is that what really bothers people is very subjective. For example I don't think I would be that annoyed by loose pants or a mini skirt compared to someone that really stinks.
Personally I don't really want to ban what someone likes to wear if i just need to deal with it for a few seconds until I move.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/13/15
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY MY HOME STATE
6096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I just get really irritated by people pretending this law has no value. It holds plenty of value to people who don't want to see other people's asses. You just refuse to believe that other's not wanting to see someone else's ass is reason enough to make a law against it.

Personally, I like the law and would support it fully.... and I'm not even in my 30s, yet... so don't blame that on being old.


By the sounds of it, you're not even in your teens yet.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

SurvivingHorror wrote:
By the sounds of it, you're not even in your teens yet.


That's clever. Thanks for contributing something of value.
6096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


SurvivingHorror wrote:
By the sounds of it, you're not even in your teens yet.


That's clever. Thanks for contributing something of value. :D


No need to thank me. I thought someone should add a little more humor in this thread. Not everyone can add an unnecessary amount of anger about a 'ban' that may not even happen.

6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 9/13/15 , edited 9/13/15


    iirc it was a big thing when I was in like, junior high and high school, and then it was never talked about again. It was recently repealed, from what I see.


10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

SurvivingHorror wrote:
No need to thank me. I thought someone should add a little more humor in this thread. Not everyone can add an unnecessary amount of anger about a 'ban' that may not even happen.


Depends on your definition of necessary.... and anger...

I'm "angrier" about people dismissing the feelings people have supporting the law than I would be if the law simply did not exist.

If they never made the law, I wouldn't even bring it up. Unfortunately, people feel free to diminish the feelings and opinions of others because they hold different beliefs....

And, yeah, that kind of pisses me off.
32288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 9/13/15
Good
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / In the middle of...
Offline
Posted 9/13/15
Call me old-school, but I think this makes sense. You should dress to impress all the time. I'm not saying that you should dress in dress pants or dresses all the time, but you really never know when you're going to meet someone important or wind up networking with someone who has the potential to help you get into an internship or land the next job. I've met a lot of professional contacts while simply out and about. When you're an older teen or a young adult, you have to view every single situation as something that could potentially affect your ability to network and improve your lot in life. And these opportunities to network won't go so well if you have no respect for yourself or for others. It's not going to look very well on your part if you wear booty shorts on friday night and run into a person whose company you really want to work for. First impressions are everything and no amount of nice clothing at a job interview will let the person hiring you get past that first impression. Furthermore, there is something called common decency: just because you're comfortable walking down the street with your booty showing doesn't mean that the person passing you on the street feels the same way.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15 , edited 9/13/15

LadySerenityMage wrote:Furthermore, there is something called common decency: just because you're comfortable walking down the street with your booty showing doesn't mean that the person passing you on the street feels the same way.


Thank you. :)
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/15

LadySerenityMage wrote:

Call me old-school, but I think this makes sense. You should dress to impress all the time. I'm not saying that you should dress in dress pants or dresses all the time, but you really never know when you're going to meet someone important or wind up networking with someone who has the potential to help you get into an internship or land the next job. I've met a lot of professional contacts while simply out and about. When you're an older teen or a young adult, you have to view every single situation as something that could potentially affect your ability to network and improve your lot in life. And these opportunities to network won't go so well if you have no respect for yourself or for others. It's not going to look very well on your part if you wear booty shorts on friday night and run into a person whose company you really want to work for. First impressions are everything and no amount of nice clothing at a job interview will let the person hiring you get past that first impression. Furthermore, there is something called common decency: just because you're comfortable walking down the street with your booty showing doesn't mean that the person passing you on the street feels the same way.


I agree, but should this be legally enforced on to people?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.