Post Reply Cowboy Bebop's Theme "JUMP!"
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 9/14/15 , edited 9/14/15
I'm currently scouring the internet for the best rendition, other than the original, of Cowboy Bebop's well known opening theme "TANK!" and so far, this is the best version I've found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGVKpNG9Jh0

It features Senri Kawaguchi on drums and the entire thing is spectacular. Nonetheless, though, I want to see if anyone can top it or at least find a memorable version of the classic theme.

If you're here just to enjoy some good music, then welcome to the TANK! forum.
33414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/14/15

Nightblade370 wrote:

I'm currently scouring the internet for the best rendition, other than the original, of Cowboy Bebop's infamous opening theme "TANK!"


What makes the song infamous exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FikdWfXqOQ
Amazing saxophone solo
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 9/14/15
I just listen to the full official soundtrack version.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 9/14/15 , edited 9/14/15
This version, live by the Seatbelts, blows them *all* away.

https://youtu.be/M_25mVjKwcc
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 9/14/15 , edited 9/14/15

MagnaAnima wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

I'm currently scouring the internet for the best rendition, other than the original, of Cowboy Bebop's infamous opening theme "TANK!"


What makes the song infamous exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FikdWfXqOQ
Amazing saxophone solo


It's just well known in the anime community, especially since it was done by Yoko Kanno, who's already highly regarded for her music and work on OSTs.

And thanks for the link ^_^
27764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Reno, NV
Offline
Posted 9/14/15

Nightblade370 wrote:


MagnaAnima wrote:

What makes the song infamous exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FikdWfXqOQ
Amazing saxophone solo


It's just well known in the anime community, especially since it was done by Yoko Kanno, who's already highly regarded for her music and work on OSTs.

And thanks for the link ^_^


Infamous means that someone/something is well known for doing something evil or wicked.
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 9/14/15

imaginarycreatures wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:


MagnaAnima wrote:

What makes the song infamous exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FikdWfXqOQ
Amazing saxophone solo


It's just well known in the anime community, especially since it was done by Yoko Kanno, who's already highly regarded for her music and work on OSTs.

And thanks for the link ^_^


Infamous means that someone/something is well known for doing something evil or wicked.


Oops. My bad; I was writing this at 3AM, so I was half-awake.
You must be logged in to post.