Need some help finding a good action/fantasy/sci-fi
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
Hey!
Yeah... I'm having some trouble finding an anime that really gets me excited. would any of you be so kind to help me?
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
I recommend the fruit of grisaia, it has a bit of everything.
Also maybe try- no game no life it's funny and has fantasy/sci-fi
mnmike 
21251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
"Action/Fantasy/Sci-Fi" covers a broad swath of anime; can you give examples of some of your favorite shows to help narrow things down?

Barring that, here are some of my favorites that fall in those categories:

Sci-Fi
-------
Steins; Gate (time-travel)
Serial Experiments Lain (existentialist cyber-punk)
Ghost in the Shell (futuristic cop drama)
Eureka Seven (mecha action, with some romance and philosophical elements)
Gargantia of the Verderous Planet (mecha with some romance and "fish out of water" plot)


High Fantasy (clearly not set in our world)
----------------
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online
Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? (D&D-esque world and action)
Spice and Wolf (dialogue-heavy, relationship drama)
The World is Still Beautiful (political intrigue and romance)


Low Fantasy (set in version of our world; most of these have harem elements)
-----------------
A Certain Magical Index
Strike the Blood
High School DxD (extremely ecchi)
Trinity Seven
The Devil is a Part-Timer (light on action, heavy on comedy)
The World God Only Knows (spoof of rom-coms and harems)
31948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / 海の家れもん
Online
Posted 9/15/15
11969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
Action:
Akame Ga Kill
Riddle Story of the Devil
Blue Exorcist
Irregular at Magic High
Shakugan no Shana


Sci-fi:
Adnoah.zero
Black Bullet
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Buddy Complex
Valvrave the Lberator



Fantasy:
Rage of Bahamut
Sunday Without God
The World God Only Knows
Yona of the Dawn
Magi (and it's Sinbad Spin-off series)
2341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
Shangri La, only on Hulu/Funimation but it's a really good scfi one
1608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/15/15 , edited 9/15/15

echotwo wrote:

Hey!
Yeah... I'm having some trouble finding an anime that really gets me excited. would any of you be so kind to help me?

Macross (Scifi/ action)
Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Scifi/action)
Escaflowne (Scifi/action/fantasy)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Fantasy/action)
33237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / STL
Offline
Posted 9/15/15
Gintama
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/16/15

mnmike wrote:

"Action/Fantasy/Sci-Fi" covers a broad swath of anime; can you give examples of some of your favorite shows to help narrow things down?

Barring that, here are some of my favorites that fall in those categories:

Sci-Fi
-------
Steins; Gate (time-travel)
Serial Experiments Lain (existentialist cyber-punk)
Ghost in the Shell (futuristic cop drama)
Eureka Seven (mecha action, with some romance and philosophical elements)
Gargantia of the Verderous Planet (mecha with some romance and "fish out of water" plot)


High Fantasy (clearly not set in our world)
----------------
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online
Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? (D&D-esque world and action)
Spice and Wolf (dialogue-heavy, relationship drama)
The World is Still Beautiful (political intrigue and romance)


Low Fantasy (set in version of our world; most of these have harem elements)
-----------------
A Certain Magical Index
Strike the Blood
High School DxD (extremely ecchi)
Trinity Seven
The Devil is a Part-Timer (light on action, heavy on comedy)
The World God Only Knows (spoof of rom-coms and harems)


I really enjoy:
nabunagun
sword art online
akame ga kill
guilty crown
Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon?
Log Horizon
cross ange

So i would say full on fantasy
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/16/15

A_RandomGuy wrote:


echotwo wrote:

Hey!
Yeah... I'm having some trouble finding an anime that really gets me excited. would any of you be so kind to help me?

Macross (Scifi/ action)
Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Scifi/action)
Escaflowne (Scifi/action/fantasy)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Fantasy/action)


Is Gundam: The 08th MS Team a movie?
1608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/16/15

echotwo wrote:


A_RandomGuy wrote:


echotwo wrote:

Hey!
Yeah... I'm having some trouble finding an anime that really gets me excited. would any of you be so kind to help me?

Macross (Scifi/ action)
Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Scifi/action)
Escaflowne (Scifi/action/fantasy)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Fantasy/action)


Is Gundam: The 08th MS Team a movie?

It's an OVA series. Only twelve eps long.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/81/Mobile_Suit_Gundam:_The_08th_MS_Team
Sailor Candy Moderator
215169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/23/17
Forum Clean up. Old 2015 threads Locked.
You must be logged in to post.