First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Who even WANTS Trump?
33397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15

biscuitnote wrote:


tf2pyros wrote:

All he does is complain, use insult after insult, and says the absolute wrong things. He even spend most of his time in his underwear on Twitter, bashing everything. Not to mention his businesses went bankrupt at a point.

And people are still willing to vote for this thing as President?


I do send the illegal scum back.


did you mean to say immigrants are scum?

illegal immigrant was replaced with illegal scum.

Because immigrants are most definitely not scum, the entire of the United States was founded on immigrants.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/16/15
I need trump to get out my trump card!
4733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, Illinois
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 10/22/15

_Bender_ wrote:


AirMarshall wrote:

I vote for who ever gets the Republican nomination. If Trump does, at least you can negotiate with someone of your own kind, unlike with Obama who promised to fix immigration ever since 2007 and hasn't done a thing because that's his selling point, minorities and immigrants. I prefer Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, and Dr. Ben Carson over Trump


It's literally because of people like you who only vote for people of their own party, instead of who they actually think is a better candidate for their country, that the NPV plan needs to take effect. Thank you for being such a good example.


If you think modern Liberalism is an awesome idea, be my guest in thinking that way for the rest of your life, because in the end, you will be holding society down, not me.
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/16/15

AirMarshall wrote:


_Bender_ wrote:

It's literally because of people like you who only vote for people of their own party, instead of who they actually think is a better candidate for their country, that the NPV plan needs to take effect. Thank you for being such a good example.


If you think modern Liberalism is an awesome idea, be my guest in thinking that way for the rest of your life, because in the end, you will be holding society down, not me.


Note: Progressiveness =/= Liberalism. Personally, I tend to be politically a liberal, but I am quite vocal about my distaste for progressiveness. They are very different in virtually every way, and to simplify into one sentence, liberalism is about the individual and individual rights whereas progressiveness is about the collective.

But overall, I agree with Bender's point. The fact that people are sticking so stringently to partisanship for the sake of partisanship is quite possibly the largest political hurdle and one of the main things that is drawing candidates away from anything resembling a logical middleground.
8018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/16/15
He uses china and Mexico to manufacture his products. He is openly racist and rude. He refuses to state policies. He is inexperienced in foreign affairs. He openly hates other countries. He blames other countries and migrants for the problems within his own country. He is a womanizer.

But best of all he would do great in peace talks with Russia and China and is completely not hot headed and has no reason to make decisions that would support corporations.
I think he would do well in the white house!

https://youtu.be/6ooeaHyoiLE
A must watch it'll motivate you to vote trump!



Also throwing this out here. If we went backwards on our hard sought immigration policy it would NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. If anything it would drive people currently in the state to crime and we would lose a lot of our labor force. Cold hard fact. Also you say deport then upon arrest but you say it as send them home that is deportation and yes it cost money. The fight against illigal immigration is a losing battle because no matter how hard you make it for them it's still better then their home nation for the most part. So let them aid our society instead of be crushed by it. Remember that Mexico is in the condition it is in now because of the actions of the u.s. we buy their drugs, we fuel their cartel with cash. We pay their migrant workers and put up signs in Mexico that say to go to the u.s for work. Have you been to mexico? If you have you would see the signs yourself and their payed for u.s based corps. Also don't forget that trump employees illegal workers.
22671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15
My parents do. Bad. They really like him. It scares me when they start shouting praises about him and about how FOX news is too liberal.

I am not kidding.


13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15
I gotta say, I just finished watching the GOP debate (unfortunately I only saw the last half an hour because I forgot it was on), but I saw a ton of empty faffing about the middle and lower classes. These individuals are so vocal about how they are looking out for the little guy, but then they turn around and propose a flat tax system which severely hurts the lower class while helping the upper class. So much of these empty words are thrown around that it feels like they are just chumming the waters with buzzwords to try to catch the religious lower class fools who don't look into the words that are actually being spoken.

The subject of income inequality has been addressed by essentially just saying "we'll make the rich richer and everything will work out in the end". Quite frankly, it is bullshit. I do hope they addressed these issues in more detail earlier in the debate so I can watch them later but my goodness, I am almost surprised that they can say these things with a straight face.
616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Don't Flirt With Me
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15

AirMarshall wrote:


_Bender_ wrote:


AirMarshall wrote:

I vote for who ever gets the Republican nomination. If Trump does, at least you can negotiate with someone of your own kind, unlike with Obama who promised to fix immigration ever since 2007 and hasn't done a thing because that's his selling point, minorities and immigrants. I prefer Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, and Dr. Ben Carson over Trump


It's literally because of people like you who only vote for people of their own party, instead of who they actually think is a better candidate for their country, that the NPV plan needs to take effect. Thank you for being such a good example.


If you think modern Liberalism is an awesome idea, be my guest in thinking that way for the rest of your life, because in the end, you will be holding society down, not me.


That's funny because voting someone in office just because he hold your parts vote seems a lot more like holding society down.
Because at least one of us this voting season will be voting for someone we actually would like to see in office instead of having a group of people make up the decision for you.
FYI I'm not into modern Liberalism I'm an independent moderate who's against petty people just voting inside the limitations of their party.
51529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 10/22/15

sundin13 wrote:

...simplify into one sentence, liberalism is about the individual and individual rights whereas progressiveness is about the collective.


You're confusing libertarianism for liberalism.
616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Don't Flirt With Me
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15

sundin13 wrote:


AirMarshall wrote:


_Bender_ wrote:

It's literally because of people like you who only vote for people of their own party, instead of who they actually think is a better candidate for their country, that the NPV plan needs to take effect. Thank you for being such a good example.


If you think modern Liberalism is an awesome idea, be my guest in thinking that way for the rest of your life, because in the end, you will be holding society down, not me.


Note: Progressiveness =/= Liberalism. Personally, I tend to be politically a liberal, but I am quite vocal about my distaste for progressiveness. They are very different in virtually every way, and to simplify into one sentence, liberalism is about the individual and individual rights whereas progressiveness is about the collective.

But overall, I agree with Bender's point. The fact that people are sticking so stringently to partisanship for the sake of partisanship is quite possibly the largest political hurdle and one of the main things that is drawing candidates away from anything resembling a logical middleground.


Don't miss understand me, this is probably one of the few progressive ideas that I actually like and that's exactly for the reason which you stated. I'm just so done with people rolling over backwards not to let the apposing part win when what they should actually be focusing on is who they think will have a positive change in office.
Posted 9/16/15
The man can do a lot to further destroy America's hopes. Just so long as he walks away that much richer.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15

sundin13 wrote:
These individuals are so vocal about how they are looking out for the little guy, but then they turn around and propose a flat tax system which severely hurts the lower class while helping the upper class.


Ummmm..... ummmmm.... ummmm.

You do realize that with a flat tax system the US government WOULD be raising taxes on the more wealthy people, lowering the taxes on the lower class, and still making the same revenue? Right?

No, clearly you don't, but this is actually the case. Confused about how you think flat tax rate hurts the lower class or benefits the rich. REALLY, REALLY confused.


The reason for this is the ridiculous amounts of tax exemptions, etc, the wealthy get. For example, I know someone who probably doesn't even qualify to be the 1%, but is still fairly wealthy... he makes money with the tax system, because he has people he pays to tell him when to buy something for his business, when to sell it, and comes out selling it for the same price + getting tax credit for it. This happens.

The lower class are just stuck paying that sh*t.

I'm just... so confused... just SO confused about how you believe this would hurt the lower class and help the wealthy.

And I'M lower class.



Oh, and Trump. Trump is simply a means to garner votes for a real candidate before he backs out. See, a real candidate can not be so extremely dramatic, but Trump can. This will get a lot of the less reasonable people on board. After that happens, Trump will step down and pass his support to the candidate they REALLY want in office. Much like Hillary did with Obama.
3473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Mothership
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/16/15
I don't dirty my hands with politics because I believe they're all money grubbing and out for their own agenda but he tops them all in those categories and I'm absolutely scared for the direction of this country because people in this country are taking him seriously are we really that desperate as a nation to sink to the lowest possible means? I mean he is egotistical, self-centered, greedy and the biggest of them all, a damn asshole also I truly question is he really out for the people? Or is he out for his wallet? Now that I look at it and think about it he fits the qualifications for a politician. Congratulations, Donald!
6936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Portland, OR
Offline
Posted 9/16/15 , edited 9/18/15
It doesn't matter who wins because we'll get the same crap either way, so I'll vote Trump, because he'll be more entertaining to have as president.
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


sundin13 wrote:
These individuals are so vocal about how they are looking out for the little guy, but then they turn around and propose a flat tax system which severely hurts the lower class while helping the upper class.


Ummmm..... ummmmm.... ummmm.

You do realize that with a flat tax system the US government WOULD be raising taxes on the more wealthy people, lowering the taxes on the lower class, and still making the same revenue? Right?

No, clearly you don't, but this is actually the case. Confused about how you think flat tax rate hurts the lower class or benefits the rich. REALLY, REALLY confused.


Under our current system, tax is scaled by earnings, meaning that if you only make $10k, you will only be paying about 10% income tax, whereas if you are making $200k, you will be paying closer to 36% income tax. A flat tax (the rate hasn't been specified by any candidate to my knowledge) would put that rate at around 18% for everybody and abolish numerous tax deductions.

This would leave individuals with a low income having their taxes jacked up quite severely, individuals with a medium income being effected minimally and individuals with a large income having their tax rates plummet.

As forbes said:
"The poorest taxpayers, who paid 10% or 15% under current law, while also benefitting from refundable tax incentives like the child tax and earned income credits, will see their tax burden increase, potentially by thousands of percentage points. On the other end of the spectrum, wealthy taxpayers who had been paying tax at marginal rates in excess of 30% will now experience a dramatic drop in their tax rate to 18%. And while many popular deductions used by the wealthy may be eliminated as part of the flat tax, a halving of maximum tax rates will more than compensate for any lost preferences, bestowing huge benefits on the richest 1%."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2015/03/23/ted-cruz-to-run-for-president-why-his-plan-for-a-flat-tax-may-doom-his-candidacy/


PhantomGundam wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

...simplify into one sentence, liberalism is about the individual and individual rights whereas progressiveness is about the collective.


You're confusing libertarianism for liberalism.


Libertarianism is also known as classic liberalism (especially outside of the USA). Otherwise, I know that statement is a significant reduction of what both words mean, however when comparing the two, I would say that the comparison is apt. Obviously a different point of comparison would be used if comparing Liberalism with Classic Liberalism/Libertarianism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.