First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Ace Attorney TV Anime Anticipation
14733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/15 , edited 9/17/15

cay032692 wrote:

OBJECTION!


(Too bad this isn't one of the forums with a "Jawdrop" emoji, otherwise I could do the Maya "WHAAAAAAAT?" reaction.)



Le_Dom wrote:

I'm expecting them to adapt the manga, or go with an original storyline.
Never expect a 1:1 adaptation for video games.


Well, the Movie was a 1:1 adaptation of the entire first game, right down to the exact same "twist" evidence revelations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqHAiGujanU
(But then, I suppose a videogame movie that's exactly like its videogame is still better than Super Mario Bros.)

And as long as they use first-game canon with Maya, where Phoenix still enjoys being a lawyer, I'm happy.
Le_Dom 
16890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

Ejanss wrote:


cay032692 wrote:

OBJECTION!


(Too bad this isn't one of the forums with a "Jawdrop" emoji, otherwise I could do the Maya "WHAAAAAAAT?" reaction.)



Le_Dom wrote:

I'm expecting them to adapt the manga, or go with an original storyline.
Never expect a 1:1 adaptation for video games.


Well, the Movie was a 1:1 adaptation of the entire first game, right down to the exact same "twist" evidence revelations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqHAiGujanU
(But then, I suppose a videogame movie that's exactly like its videogame is still better than Super Mario Bros.)

And as long as they use first-game canon with Maya, where Phoenix still enjoys being a lawyer, I'm happy.


It was an adaptation of the first game, with TONS of differences. So I wouldn't call it 1:1
Posted 9/17/15
I have only played one game of AA, but I can't wait to see what it looks like.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/19/15

Steffiekun wrote:

My friends .... looks like you hadn't seen the trailer for Ace Attorney 6 ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1oLlYHG2g

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN"T HANDLE IT. A NEW ANIME AND GAME COMING OUT NEXT YEAR !?!?!?


No objection here!
6756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
I started and finished the first game last week. Haven't been that immersed and reluctant to put down a game since Pokémon X two years ago. I'm hyped as fuck for this series now. Doubt it'll be a perfect adaptation but as long as they keep all the key plot points, twists, and the characters in tact then I'm golden. Looks like they're going to covering more than just the first game so I better hop to finishing the rest before Spring.
Posted 9/28/15 , edited 9/28/15
Ah, I'm excited for this! Really hoping it covers the games and not the original manga stories that I heard about.

The parts from the games I'd love to see animated the most:

Practically anything with Phoenix vs Godot
Rise from the Ashes(Case 5 of the first game).
Dahlia's storyline

I could see that circus case from the second game that people seem to dislike being a lot funnier this time around as well.
215135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/18/15
Key visual is out:


Studio will be A-1 Pictures and directed by Ayumu Watanabe.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151217-00000363-oric-ent
Le_Dom 
16890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 12/18/15 , edited 12/18/15

Le_Dom wrote:


That being said, I doubt there's gonna be anything I'm more hyped for in Spring 2016....unless Diamond is confirmed.


Looking back...I can only smile. That being said, I'm still looking forward to see Phoenix Wright in full animation.

Also, here's a cast list http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/news/Ace-Attorney-Anime-Cast/

Anyone has an OBJECTION for those voices?
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/18/15

Le_Dom wrote:


Le_Dom wrote:


That being said, I doubt there's gonna be anything I'm more hyped for in Spring 2016....unless Diamond is confirmed.


Looking back...I can only smile. That being said, I'm still looking forward to see Phoenix Wright in full animation.

Also, here's a cast list http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/news/Ace-Attorney-Anime-Cast/

Anyone has an OBJECTION for those voices?


I like Kaji Yuki but I think his voice may not fit Phoenix. His game voice, Kondou Takayuki was pretty good, wonder why they just didn't stick with him.
215135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 2/4/16
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/16
Objection on that title...
11670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/16
51163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/16
I also have an Objection! to Yuki Kaji voicing Phoenix Wright.
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/5/16

PhantomGundam wrote:

I also have an Objection! to Yuki Kaji voicing Phoenix Wright.


This happens to me pretty much every time Yuki Kaji is cast as one of my favorite characters but he usually ends up doing a decent job.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/5/16
Why couldn't they just name the tile Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?

Simple.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.