First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Terrified Dolphin Throws Himself at Man’s Feet to Escape Hunters in Japan
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
https://vimeo.com/138948604

since video in ya link died
22948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Are they endangered? Are they killing them for food? I don't understand the issue, here.


Yeah. They're being hunted for food. I recommend watching a documentary called the cove. I usually don't recommend one sided documentaries, but the research stands in my opinion.

Lol my bad, I just saw another user answer the question.

As for the food thing, they're being sold with other meat....think fish sticks. More filler.


The Cove was hard to watch for me I had to mute it couple times so cruel and brutal. Stayed with me couple days after watching it similar to clanaad after story lots of sadness
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 9/17/15 , edited 9/17/15

scoobydew wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Are they endangered? Are they killing them for food? I don't understand the issue, here.


Yeah. They're being hunted for food. I recommend watching a documentary called the cove. I usually don't recommend one sided documentaries, but the research stands in my opinion.

Lol my bad, I just saw another user answer the question.

As for the food thing, they're being sold with other meat....think fish sticks. More filler.


The Cove was hard to watch for me I had to mute it couple times so cruel and brutal. Stayed with me couple days after watching it similar to clanaad after story lots of sadness


A professor in high school had us watch it. It was earth day and we were all allowed to bring food and snacks. Needless to say, none of us ate.
God the feels of clanaad. No. 6 had me cry too. And wolf's rain....definitely the feels of wolf's rain.
And that one episode of terror in renaissance. The Ferris wheel episode. If you've seen it...you know.
22948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Are they endangered? Are they killing them for food? I don't understand the issue, here.


Yeah. They're being hunted for food. I recommend watching a documentary called the cove. I usually don't recommend one sided documentaries, but the research stands in my opinion.

Lol my bad, I just saw another user answer the question.

As for the food thing, they're being sold with other meat....think fish sticks. More filler.


The Cove was hard to watch for me I had to mute it couple times so cruel and brutal. Stayed with me couple days after watching it similar to clanaad after story lots of sadness


A professor in high school had us watch it. It was earth day and we were all allowed to bring food and snacks. Needless to say, none of us ate.
God the feels of clanaad. No. 6 had me cry too. And wolf's rain....definitely the feels of wolf's rain.
And that one episode of terror in renaissance. The Ferris wheel episode. If you've seen it...you know.


I know all those above ^^^^^^^^^ Try Wolf children really hard feels on 1-10 its 11 of heart hurts
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

scoobydew wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Are they endangered? Are they killing them for food? I don't understand the issue, here.


Yeah. They're being hunted for food. I recommend watching a documentary called the cove. I usually don't recommend one sided documentaries, but the research stands in my opinion.

Lol my bad, I just saw another user answer the question.

As for the food thing, they're being sold with other meat....think fish sticks. More filler.


The Cove was hard to watch for me I had to mute it couple times so cruel and brutal. Stayed with me couple days after watching it similar to clanaad after story lots of sadness


A professor in high school had us watch it. It was earth day and we were all allowed to bring food and snacks. Needless to say, none of us ate.
God the feels of clanaad. No. 6 had me cry too. And wolf's rain....definitely the feels of wolf's rain.
And that one episode of terror in renaissance. The Ferris wheel episode. If you've seen it...you know.


I know all those above ^^^^^^^^^ Try Wolf children really hard feels on 1-10 its 11 of heart hurts

YES T-T I sobbed quite a bit for that T-T

19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!
11707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
Its all about the $$$$$
19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

K3n21 wrote:

Its all about the $$$$$


The world spins on $$$$$
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Macedonia
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
It's the world, people kill people, animals kill people, people kill animals, animals kill animals. Nothing will stop it and will never stop.
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


A fish is a fairly simple animal with a fairly simple nervous system, marine mammals are closer to us and other apes than they are to fish.
19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/15 , edited 9/17/15

mlchanges wrote:


bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


A fish is a fairly simple animal with a fairly simple nervous system, marine mammals are closer to us and other apes than they are to fish.


We do kill quite a large amount of mammals for food.
Most people don't give a second thought about it.

I don't feel that the "it's a mammal" argument stands too well.
1420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hessen, Germany
Offline
Posted 9/17/15 , edited 9/18/15

bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


Yup. It's utter bigotry. Crying over the death of some animals, while being totally indifferent about the death of others. Because... what, pigs and cows are lower life forms than dolphins and therefore deserve to die? That's fascism.

Crying over the gruesome death of a whale, seal, kitty or puppy, while munching on a steak? As I said: bigotry.

Either you care about all animals or not.
11707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
If dolphin tasted good and wasn't dangerous to eat it would probably be on mcdonalds and burger kings menus...
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

bobland wrote:


mlchanges wrote:


bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


A fish is a fairly simple animal with a fairly simple nervous system, marine mammals are closer to us and other apes than they are to fish.


We do kill quite a large amount of mammals for food.
Most people don't give a second thought about it.

I don't feel that the "it's a mammal" argument stands too well.


It's not that "it's a mammal", people empathize with animals and things that share human traits, weather real or perceived. We can communicate and mutually interact with dolphins, fish just swim. It's also one of the most intelligent animals on earth, not far removed from us.
101431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 9/17/15

bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


Well, I agree with you to some extent. I think a lot of the emotional attachments we place on certain animals and not on others is kind of arbitrary. But, in the case of cetaceans they are highly intelligent animals with complex social networks. Bottlenose dolphins probably have an intellingence comparable to chimpanzees and gorillas and the parts of their brains that deal with emotions are especially large. There's a good reason to feel empathy towards them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.