First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Terrified Dolphin Throws Himself at Man’s Feet to Escape Hunters in Japan
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/15 , edited 9/18/15

Kuschelpython wrote:


bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


Yup. It's utter bigotry. Crying over the death of some animals, while being totally indifferent about the death of others. Because... what, pigs and cows are lower life forms than dolphins and therefore deserve to die? That's fascism.

Crying over the gruesome death of a whale, seal, kitty or puppy, while munching on a steak? As I said: bigotry.

Either you care about all animals or not.


No, the people who cry about dolphins also cry about pigs and cows who die inhumanely. I know I sure felt really bad when I youtubed the slaughterhouse vids where the workers started electrocuting the pigs the wrong way. Idk why they don't all just use an air gun on all animals... The air gun looks a lot more peaceful than ... IDK WHY THEY USE ELECTROCUTION TO THE BRAIN.

But anyway it was utterly sad and I felt like punching those butchers because they would electrocute the pig's tail, then the lower body then the upper body, and finally the head, and all it did was squeal and try to run away, then it couldn't so it started seizing, but it was still trying to run away.

I understand that when you do the same thing over and over for 8 hours a day as a job, you tend to slack off, it's human nature... but idk, when your job is ending lives painlessly... maybe you should start taking breaks when you're starting to become monstrous.

I mean, dolphins aren't the only intelligent life out there. Many people don't realize it because they just never took the time to take care of a pet that's not a dog. Hamsters are DANG smart. They remember their names, remember your behaviors. They can even empathize with you... but you have to pay attention so you can actually see this. Who wouldn't feel bad watching this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPEZTvVu_n4

tl;dr: People don't feel bad for just dolphins and dogs. They feel bad for stuff we eat too.
1420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hessen, Germany
Offline
Posted 9/18/15 , edited 9/18/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Kuschelpython wrote:


bobland wrote:

Sometimes, I just don't get the emotional connections humans have to certain animals but not others. I do understand the connection to dogs, but I don't understand people crying over dolphins and whales.

Yeah, you feel bad about killing dolphins, but who is going to feel sad about all the other fish being hunted to extinction? Nobody?
Cry for all the dying cod!


Yup. It's utter bigotry. Crying over the death of some animals, while being totally indifferent about the death of others. Because... what, pigs and cows are lower life forms than dolphins and therefore deserve to die? That's fascism.

Crying over the gruesome death of a whale, seal, kitty or puppy, while munching on a steak? As I said: bigotry.

Either you care about all animals or not.


[...]

tl;dr: People don't feel bad for just dolphins and dogs. They feel bad for stuff we eat too.


Then why don't we see more people taking actions to reduce the pain, suffering and death? If they really feel bad about chickens, cows, pigs, etc. then why do they proceed to eat those animals' corpses? I tell you why: because they don't feel bad enough.
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/18/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Don't they still use endangered sea life for crackpot "medicine" in Asia? That poor creature…

Dolphins are such gentle and beautiful animals. Baffles me as to why people to this day would kill them.



you say that....until they get guns...

Also they Rape fish so.....gentle yes....gentle they are.....
One Punch Mod
85914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/15/16
Closed because OP nuked
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.