First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
US wants us to forget about slavery but no other things?
10595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

ignitingmemories wrote:

I was having a debate about the US we talked about racism amognst other things. And someone brought up the fact that slavery they want us to forget but something like the Nazi's prisonering the Jewish and ,9/11. They don't want us to forget to me its true so what do you think?

( leave your racism comments away before you enter or even post in this forum topic please and thank you )


one should note that Hitler's policies were inspired by the policies from America.
the holocaust was a result of Hitler copying the Eugenics movement in Cali
heck, the scientists in Cali made great efforts to pass on the Eugenics to Germany.

"Only after eugenics became entrenched in the United States was the campaign transplanted into Germany, in no small measure through the efforts of California eugenicists, who published booklets idealizing sterilization and circulated them to German officials and scientists."

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796
82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
Not forget, but stop the scab picking.
10013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/22/15

ignitingmemories wrote:


AiYumega wrote:


ignitingmemories wrote:

But did I say it was :)? I said even after slavery . What I didn't say was being racist was slavery sir :))


I still don't get your point.

Do we forget how European immigrants were treated entering the country?
Do we forget how we interned innocent Japanese for what their homeland was doing?
Do we forget how we closed our country to Chinese immigrants for 10 years because of fear of yellow people?



America Is a big fuck up


When you started this thread I think you already had your mind made up on the subject. It seems you just wanted to start something just so you could get what you really wanted to say out and that being "America is a big fuck up". Well congrats sir. You did it. Please stop with this charade. Thanks
Posted 9/20/15
No country likes a constant reminder of their past mistakes. I understand the need to keep such mistakes as a reminder to not commit the same mistakes in the future, but to keep the guilt and blame around is stupid. If Americans want to leave that mistakes in the past, I don't blame them.
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/22/15

ignitingmemories wrote:


America Is a big fuck up


America is the best country in the world. We have flaws, as does everywhere, but we're the best, hands down.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
We don't like to remember anything that makes us look like the bad guys.
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/30/15
Not sure if this is a new trend I'm just picking up on, but hating on the US is apparently the hip thing to do nowadays.
11707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

dougeprofile wrote:

Not forget, but stop the scab picking.


^^^ Exactly what I think.
3571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

ChinaCat89 wrote:

We don't like to remember anything that makes us look like the bad guys.


It's a shame that things happen, but they do. The thing is what do you do after the fact, trying to forget or erase events that have happened doesn't do a thing for anyone. That's called escaping reality. You can't ignore that slavery happened because it offends some people that have been long since removed from the actual thing. Some of the people who claim to be upset about it today have no connections to it at all, others have absolutely no clue about what they are talking about, and still yet others try to use the idea as a means to excuse their own short comings in life.

We need to remember such things to learn from it, otherwise the same thing is doomed to start again at some point because people have forgotten.

5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

ignitingmemories wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

Well, I seem to recall this Lincoln guy...


That would be a white activist....not activists...


Oh my god... google "abolition movement" and "John Brown" smh
Posted 9/20/15
Slavery was international trade back then and still is... US policy only changed to outlaw it here. We weren't special and the only people with slaves.

Also, most countries have censored their history with what they teach kids.. the japanese do it a ton about the WW2 era etc.
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15

namealreadytaken wrote:


ignitingmemories wrote:

I was having a debate about the US we talked about racism amognst other things. And someone brought up the fact that slavery they want us to forget but something like the Nazi's prisonering the Jewish and ,9/11. They don't want us to forget to me its true so what do you think?

( leave your racism comments away before you enter or even post in this forum topic please and thank you )


one should note that Hitler's policies were inspired by the policies from America.
the holocaust was a result of Hitler copying the Eugenics movement in Cali
heck, the scientists in Cali made great efforts to pass on the Eugenics to Germany.

"Only after eugenics became entrenched in the United States was the campaign transplanted into Germany, in no small measure through the efforts of California eugenicists, who published booklets idealizing sterilization and circulated them to German officials and scientists."

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796


Good post

16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15
Europeans traded manufactured goods to Africans and those Africans sold their slaves to the Europeans to be used as slaves in the New World. EVERYONE WAS USING SLAVERY! Europeans were enslaving Europeans. Romans were enslaving people from neighboring cities. Asia still has slaves.

We could talk 24/7 about how EVERYONE in the world should be ashamed because their ancestors had slaves or we can drop it.


Not sure if this is a new trend I'm just picking up on, but hating on the US is apparently the hip thing to do nowadays.

It's always been that way. Foreign countries are jealous of all the freedoms we have in America so they have to bash us just the same as cats chase mice. We don't censor our history as much as other countries so we learned to accept our past.
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15
Isn't everyone that was around for slavery dead now? No one is around that can be held remotely accountable. 9/11 is a bit more recent, and people that have been in ww2 are still around.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/22/15
I love how a person that has lived in the US for a shorter time than my truck's tires hates it this much already. Are you sure you aren't just homesick for home and acting like a baby?

Just say "Fuck the US, I want to be home, the US isn't my home."

Trust me, you'll feel better.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.