First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Your favorite anime studio has decided to turn your idea into an anime
1817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
Thx
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15
Studio: Based KyoAni

Concept:


It would be perfect. KyoAni already has good experience with Lucky Star and K-On. Also, to a lesser extent with stuff like Tamako Market and Nichijou. There are also some characters that they can use as inspiration, such as Ama-chan-sensei from Free as well as the various mothers in the Key harems. I think they could pull it off!
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15


Sounds good.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
KyoAni , Brains Base, and BONES gonna make me my DRRR Nasujimacentric Mega Crossover. Hell Yeah.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

seekerperson7 wrote:

Studio: Based KyoAni

Concept:


It would be perfect. KyoAni already has good experience with Lucky Star and K-On. Also, to a lesser extent with stuff like Tamako Market and Nichijou. There are also some characters that they can use as inspiration, such as Ama-chan-sensei from Free as well as the various mothers in the Key harems. I think they could pull it off!


I could get behind this! You'd have a housewife, business woman, professional athlete, and a teacher as the main characters!
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:

Studio: Based KyoAni

Concept:


It would be perfect. KyoAni already has good experience with Lucky Star and K-On. Also, to a lesser extent with stuff like Tamako Market and Nichijou. There are also some characters that they can use as inspiration, such as Ama-chan-sensei from Free as well as the various mothers in the Key harems. I think they could pull it off!


I could get behind this! You'd have a housewife, business woman, professional athlete, and a teacher as the main characters!


Someone gets it!

I didn't even think about the characters archetypes, but those would all work extremely well. I really like the idea of having a professional athlete. It would make for a very interesting dynamic in their interactions. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not, but you have a good four girl ensemble in the works there. The only thing I might question is the housewife.... but that's just because of personal taste and other genre considerations. I might go for something like a florist or a pâtissier . But what you have there is a basis for an extremely well-balanced cast.

Darn it, now I really want to watch something like this Ah well, I'll settle for Wakako-zake for the time being.

For those who have seen Azumanga Daioh, Yukari and Nyamo (a lazy school-teacher and a responsible P.E. teacher) serve as good examples. I'd love to see a show about characters like them.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 9/21/15

seekerperson7 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:

Studio: Based KyoAni

Concept:


It would be perfect. KyoAni already has good experience with Lucky Star and K-On. Also, to a lesser extent with stuff like Tamako Market and Nichijou. There are also some characters that they can use as inspiration, such as Ama-chan-sensei from Free as well as the various mothers in the Key harems. I think they could pull it off!


I could get behind this! You'd have a housewife, business woman, professional athlete, and a teacher as the main characters!


Someone gets it!

I didn't even think about the characters archetypes, but those would all work extremely well. I really like the idea of having a professional athlete. It would make for a very interesting dynamic in their interactions. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not, but you have a good four girl ensemble in the works there. The only thing I might question is the housewife.... but that's just because of personal taste and other genre considerations. I might go for something like a florist or a pâtissier . But what you have there is a basis for an extremely well-balanced cast.

Darn it, now I really want to watch something like this Ah well, I'll settle for Wakako-zake for the time being.

For those who have seen Azumanga Daioh, Yukari and Nyamo (a lazy school-teacher and a responsible P.E. teacher) serve as good examples. I'd love to see a show about characters like them.


Haha I didn't even realize I fell into a TV Trope That's hilarious!

And I thought the housewife would be fun since she's the one with the trophy husband and takes care of the kids. Might bring an interesting dynamic to the group assuming they're all single with no kids (it'd be funny if they at least one of them were jealous of her "perfect" husband, "perfect" relationship, and "perfect" kids LOL).

And I kind of want to see this now too. If only we had connections to Japanese studios . The thing is, I could see this being a massive hit too.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/21/15 , edited 9/21/15
Studio Shaft

Storyline: Strange supernatural events begin to occur in a certain city to certain very strange individuals. Each character does an investigation or is somehow drawn to the phenomena in some other way. It's hard to explain what I want to happen, but here goes.
1. Story of character 1
2. Story of character 2. Meets character 1 somehow.
3. Story of character 3. Meets character 2 somehow.
...etc.

Basically, each character meets one or two others but doesn't interact that much with that character. He/she sees or briefly has an exchange with another character but ultimately pursues his/her own goals that center around the supernatural phenomena.

The characters do not all meet until the end. The plot thickens with each character's story, since there will be references and events to other characters in all other characters' stories, even if the characters don't meet. Only the viewer knows what is going on and how the characters are tied. It will be like watching many people doing things that lead to one huge event at the end without them realizing it themselves.

Here are some character ideas.
1. A renowned modern exorcist who doesn't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural. He's a scientist.
2. Proprietor of a book store who stocks strange books and constantly changes the inventory. She reads all the books she stocks, has a photographic memory, gets bored of the same books quickly, and treats the store as her own library, much to the chagrin of customers. She has severe financial problems because of this.
3. A chef who does not eat and instead relies on a nutrient-dense liquid pumped directly into his body since he no longer has a working stomach or tongue. He makes dishes using his sense of smell.
4. An old medium with amazing powers. However, he's senile and he can only use his powers when his head is clear. He smokes and carries a pipe to regain mental clarity.
5. An underground manufacturer of street drugs who is striving to create something new and great for everyone to take. She tests her creations on herself.
6. A meat-eating monk who has acquired a taste for human flesh. He manages to control it well during the day, but he's a sleepwalker.
7. A teenager who has superhero-like powers that he can't fully control.
8. A detective who has a disorder that causes him to not require sleep. But he's an alcoholic who constantly needs to have booze in his system.
9. A former leader of a street gang who is reforming himself. He is a genius who has not gone to high school. He is teaching himself by reading in the public libraries of cities and towns that he passes through on his journey as he hides from his former underlings.
10. An extravagantly rich girl who has become bored with the lifestyle. Her parents are long dead and she has control of a vast fortune. She wants to do something adventurous and exciting.
11. A guy with an unhealthy obsession for bridges and gates.
12. A maimed, handicapped priestess with big dreams and enormous willpower. She is the last living speaker of her language.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/21/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

Studio Shaft

Storyline: Strange supernatural events begin to occur in a certain city to certain very strange individuals. Each character does an investigation or is somehow drawn to the phenomena in some other way. It's hard to explain what I want to happen, but here goes.
1. Story of character 1
2. Story of character 2. Meets character 1 somehow.
3. Story of character 3. Meets character 2 somehow.
...etc.

Basically, each character meets one or two others but doesn't interact that much with that character. He/she sees or briefly has an exchange with another character but ultimately pursues his/her own goals that center around the supernatural phenomena.

The characters do not all meet until the end. The plot thickens with each character's story, since there will be references and events to other characters in all other characters' stories, even if the characters don't meet. Only the viewer knows what is going on and how the characters are tied. It will be like watching many people doing things that lead to one huge event at the end without them realizing it themselves.

Here are some character ideas.
1. A renowned modern exorcist who doesn't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural. He's a scientist.
2. Proprietor of a book store who stocks strange books and constantly changes the inventory. She reads all the books she stocks, has a photographic memory, gets bored of the same books quickly, and treats the store as her own library, much to the chagrin of customers. She has severe financial problems because of this.
3. A chef who does not eat and instead relies on a nutrient-dense liquid pumped directly into his body since he no longer has a working stomach or tongue. He makes dishes using his sense of smell.
4. An old medium with amazing powers. However, he's senile and he can only use his powers when his head is clear. He smokes and carries a pipe to regain mental clarity.
5. An underground manufacturer of street drugs who is striving to create something new and great for everyone to take. She tests her creations on herself.
6. A meat-eating monk who has acquired a taste for human flesh. He manages to control it well during the day, but he's a sleepwalker.
7. A teenager who has superhero-like powers that he can't fully control.
8. A detective who has a disorder that causes him to not require sleep. But he's an alcoholic who constantly needs to have booze in his system.
9. A former leader of a street gang who is reforming himself. He is a genius who has not gone to high school. He is teaching himself by reading in the public libraries of cities and towns that he passes through on his journey as he hides from his former underlings.
10. An extravagantly rich girl who has become bored with the lifestyle. Her parents are long dead and she has control of a vast fortune. She wants to do something adventurous and exciting.
11. A guy with an unhealthy obsession for bridges and gates.
12. A maimed, handicapped priestess with big dreams and enormous willpower. She is the last living speaker of her language.


Awesome.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 9/21/15
Silver Link

Story about a young, intelligent and well-off (but, not necessarily rich) businessman who also happens to be a werewolf. A full cognizant werewolf who fights alongside other werewolves and other typically "dark" beings of the land against corporate greed and dirty doings from businesses and corporations that contribute to pollution, toxic waste, belittling of the common man and small-time businesses and business owners. As well as businesses with ties to other unscrupulous people such as mobsters and international threats and terrorists.Of course in their day-to-day lives they hide what and who they really are.

That's the basics of a story i have had kicking around in my head for some 15 or so years now, but have never actually done anything with it.
1611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 9/21/15 , edited 9/21/15
Ahaha, if the idea were more original, this could be a cute combo

Kyoani

Slice of life about live action magical girl shows being produced

A young girl is contracted by a talking cat who can turn into a handsome man into transforming into a witch and fighting off monsters created by magical distortions. She forms a team with two other girls in her city and earnestly fights off the creatures, believing that aside from the ridiculously cliche set up and costume, she's legitimately doing a good service that only she and the other two can provide.
However, it turns out that they were actually tricked into become stuntmen for a live action magical girl show being produced in the witches' world and that the creatures are naturally occurring phenomena that are quite harmless and cannot interact with the human world.
They deal with competing with two other magical teams for show ratings and excursions into the witch world for fan meetings, live shows and concerts, becoming more and more a reluctant idol and less a warrior. Their cat manager, Bellamy, often throws them into situations relating to the storyline of the plot being filmed in the witch world which they know nothing about, such as fighting genderbent for an episode, being romantically interested in a boy that only exists in the show, and having their powers swapped. The three girls fight for their dignity, normal working hours, and compensation for being tricked.
21908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 9/21/15 , edited 9/21/15
Madhouse or Trigger

Do an MMA or UFC badass bare knuckled fighting that's so over the top with a great underdog story and has great characters too boot.

Something like Ippo but UFC and just so gloriously detailed with amazing knockout punches and great character development .

I know I'm asking for much but I want to see something like this in Anime once more before I die.

ALSO I would like to see a prison epic. Kinda like Shawshank Redemption or OZ. Something that's never been done before in Anime.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 9/21/15
someone already made DBZ abridged.
8623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/21/15 , edited 9/21/15
Trigger.

Anime about tall sexy tomboys playing volleyball. That's it, that's all I want.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/22/15
Good stuff, peoples.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.