Post Reply The evil math game
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15
The rules are truly simple. Post a math problem for the next person to solve after solving the problem the previous poster added.. Start simple as the thread starts out, and continue to ramp up the difficulty with each page. (No calculators on anything Pre-Algebra or below.)

EG: Pages 1 - 5 (Arithmetic) Pages 6- 10 (Pre-Algebra) Pages 11-15 (Algebra) 16-20 (Geometry), 21-25 (Pre-calc or Applied), and so forth. Feel free to mix things up a bit.

Lastly, please show your work except for the incredibly easy stuff

I'll start.

24 + 77
Posted 9/20/15
101

Please I don't want to have to do maths here as well as at school you're killing me.

e^(iπ )
20009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
in a painting
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
This thread should be subtitled "math homework help"

e^(iπ ) = -1, but that isn't basic arithmetic...

1 + 1
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
1 + 1 = 2

200 - 333
32290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15
-133

Are we allowed to ask for proofs?

9 x 7 - 7
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15

CKD-Anime wrote:

-133

Are we allowed to ask for proofs?

9 x 7 - 7


Proofs to show the answer is correct? I'd say yes, but nobodies being forced to give proofs.
9 x 7 - 7 = 56

(9 x 7) =63, 63-7 = 56




56 * 14
32290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/20/15

netdisorder wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:

-133

Are we allowed to ask for proofs?

9 x 7 - 7


Proofs to show the answer is correct? I'd say yes, but nobodies being forced to give proofs.
9 x 7 - 7 = 56

(9 x 7) =63, 63-7 = 56


No, I mean like mathematical proofs.

Ex) If f (x) is differentiable at x = a, then f (x) is continuous at x = a. Prove that this is true (using a proof).

50 x 14 = 700
+
6 x 14 = 84

= 784




16 / 4 + 1 * 0 =
8025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naked in a pine tree
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

CKD-Anime wrote:


netdisorder wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:

-133

Are we allowed to ask for proofs?

9 x 7 - 7


Proofs to show the answer is correct? I'd say yes, but nobodies being forced to give proofs.
9 x 7 - 7 = 56

(9 x 7) =63, 63-7 = 56


No, I mean like mathematical proofs.

Ex) If f (x) is differentiable at x = a, then f (x) is continuous at x = a. Prove that this is true (using a proof).

50 x 14 = 700
+
6 x 14 = 84

= 784




16 / 4 + 1 * 0 =


I'll leave that up to each person to decide if they want to. If it were me, I'd have just broken up to problem to represent the mental math like you did. I actually solved using the same method as you lol.


16/4 = 4
1*0 = 0

16 / 4 + 1 * 0 = 4



5 - 26 + (6*5) - 15/5

42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/20/15

netdisorder wrote:

The rules are truly simple. Post a math problem for the next person to solve after solving the problem the previous poster added.. Start simple as the thread starts out, and continue to ramp up the difficulty with each page. (No calculators on anything Pre-Algebra or below.)

EG: Pages 1 - 5 (Arithmetic) Pages 6- 10 (Pre-Algebra) Pages 11-15 (Algebra) 16-20 (Geometry), 21-25 (Pre-calc or Applied), and so forth. Feel free to mix things up a bit.

Lastly, please show your work except for the incredibly easy stuff

I'll start.

24 + 77


You're evil.


Posted 9/20/15 , edited 9/21/15
-21 + 30 = 9 - 3 = 6


1 + 1 - (-1) * 2

Answer:
32290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/15 , edited 9/23/15
Ans = = 4

4x7+13x3
1717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/11/15
67

(6^3 + 6*4 + 6/3)/4



You must be logged in to post.