First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Calling the toilet the "Bathroom"
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

Fen_Wolf wrote:

Think it's always been that way... even in school where it is just a room with a urinal on the wall and a sink, you'd say "Could I go to the bathroom?"

Just standard term for it, at least in the UK/Ireland.


I though you guys civilized the indians and yet they are pooping in the streets!? No wonder India left the commonwealth I would too if I didn't have a place to sit down and poop! Damn English doing half a job.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

Rujikin wrote:

Its called a bathroom or the pooper. You always have the toilet and sink in the same room you unsanitary heathens. Normally you have a bathtub or a shower too unless its a half bath.


Shitter's Full

https://youtu.be/BeskbiJjCXI
5404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sitting on a pale...
Offline
Posted 9/24/15 , edited 9/24/15
I'm Scottish and have been living in the deep south of the US now for 11 years, 3 of them as a naturalized citizen (yay me!). When I tell people I'm off to use the toilet, they look at me like I've just licked the floor. The ladies especially. (Am murse.)

They prefer bathroom. I always jokingly argue that I will call it a bathroom when they install a bath or shower. Until then it's the toilet, the loo or the netty.
11845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
Here's a floor plan of a small 3 bedroom home as an example.

Even here it show the toilet is in it's own 1 meter by 2 meter room.
The above example is pretty much like almost every home I ever visited.

Here is another example.
Al also features a room interconnecting between the bathroom & toilet that houses the hand basin.

So really I found these two examples plus another one in a previous post of mine that shows that the toilet is generally in it's own separate room.
Posted 9/25/15
meh, i assumed it was just their way of being polite about it. calling it bathroom sounds more pleasant than toilet. frankly, you don't even need mention either and can still excuse yourself successfully .
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Silver Spring, MD
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
I call the toilet - Bathroom all the time^_^. Nothing is wrong with it, I guess.
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

Ryulightorb wrote:
....i could say why would anyone with a brain put the toilet in the same room as the shower and sink e.e

Good luck going to the toilet whilst someone is showering in your house also plus you stink up the bathroom and no one can use it just great.

I would personally see it more hygienic to have them in separate rooms and the cost for it to be in a separate room is not much at all.

of course you goto the bathroom afterwards to wash your hands with soap...common sense please.


Generally you don't use the toilet when someone's showering.. Flushing the toilet makes the water in the shower go really hot, so it's common courtesy not to.
Also you have to open a door after using the toilet. If you don't wash your hands before opening the door.. eugh.
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/25/15 , edited 9/25/15

Finny-sama wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
....i could say why would anyone with a brain put the toilet in the same room as the shower and sink e.e

Good luck going to the toilet whilst someone is showering in your house also plus you stink up the bathroom and no one can use it just great.

I would personally see it more hygienic to have them in separate rooms and the cost for it to be in a separate room is not much at all.

of course you goto the bathroom afterwards to wash your hands with soap...common sense please.


Generally you don't use the toilet when someone's showering.. Flushing the toilet makes the water in the shower go really hot, so it's common courtesy not to.
Also you have to open a door after using the toilet. If you don't wash your hands before opening the door.. eugh.




Where i do we do and flushing the toilet doesn't do that o.o
the bathroom door should already be open the only door you touch is the toilet door which is no less dirty then touching the toilet itself.

I count count the times where i ran to the bathroom couldn't wait or i would have shit myself and my brother was in the shower so lucky me the toilet isn't in there!.

This has saved me many times and if i had to wait 7 minutes for someone to shower just to use the toilet i would have been fucked multiple times.

Not sure why flushing makes your shower hot i would check the plumbing something must be wrong.
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

richkawaiipikachu wrote:

Here's a floor plan of a small 3 bedroom home as an example.

Even here it show the toilet is in it's own 1 meter by 2 meter room.
The above example is pretty much like almost every home I ever visited.

Here is another example.
Al also features a room interconnecting between the bathroom & toilet that houses the hand basin.

So really I found these two examples plus another one in a previous post of mine that shows that the toilet is generally in it's own separate room.


the first one is an EXACT copy of my parents original house swap the toilet and the bathroom area wise.
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Shit Orb #3
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

Ryulightorb wrote:
Where i do we do and flushing the toilet doesn't do that o.o
the bathroom door should already be open the only door you touch is the toilet door which is no less dirty then touching the toilet itself.

I count count the times where i ran to the bathroom couldn't wait or i would have shit myself and my brother was in the shower so lucky me the toilet isn't in there!.

This has saved me many times and if i had to wait 7 minutes for someone to shower just to use the toilet i would have been fucked multiple times.

Not sure why flushing makes your shower hot i would check the plumbing something must be wrong.


Nothing's wrong with my plumbing, it's a common problem. In a lot of houses, the toilet and shower use the same cold water pipe. When you flush, the toilet is using the cold water, so all the shower has left is the hot water. What planet do you live on lol
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

Finny-sama wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Where i do we do and flushing the toilet doesn't do that o.o
the bathroom door should already be open the only door you touch is the toilet door which is no less dirty then touching the toilet itself.

I count count the times where i ran to the bathroom couldn't wait or i would have shit myself and my brother was in the shower so lucky me the toilet isn't in there!.

This has saved me many times and if i had to wait 7 minutes for someone to shower just to use the toilet i would have been fucked multiple times.

Not sure why flushing makes your shower hot i would check the plumbing something must be wrong.


Nothing's wrong with my plumbing, it's a common problem. In a lot of houses, the toilet and shower use the same cold water pipe. When you flush, the toilet is using the cold water, so all the shower has left is the hot water. What planet do you live on lol


Well i have never had this problem nor does anyone else where i live
Posted 9/25/15 , edited 9/25/15

anikevin wrote:



27498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
I just shit in the bathtub.
1452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

anikevin wrote:

This is the first time I hear that in some places the bathtub and the toilet are in different rooms.

Wait, I just remembered a post the other day that said that some people like to have their toilets in the kitchen.




I guess it's kinda trendy now.


I do this all the time in Sims
12064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


Finny-sama wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
....i could say why would anyone with a brain put the toilet in the same room as the shower and sink e.e

Good luck going to the toilet whilst someone is showering in your house also plus you stink up the bathroom and no one can use it just great.

I would personally see it more hygienic to have them in separate rooms and the cost for it to be in a separate room is not much at all.

of course you goto the bathroom afterwards to wash your hands with soap...common sense please.


Generally you don't use the toilet when someone's showering.. Flushing the toilet makes the water in the shower go really hot, so it's common courtesy not to.
Also you have to open a door after using the toilet. If you don't wash your hands before opening the door.. eugh.




Where i do we do and flushing the toilet doesn't do that o.o
the bathroom door should already be open the only door you touch is the toilet door which is no less dirty then touching the toilet itself.

I count count the times where i ran to the bathroom couldn't wait or i would have shit myself and my brother was in the shower so lucky me the toilet isn't in there!.

This has saved me many times and if i had to wait 7 minutes for someone to shower just to use the toilet i would have been fucked multiple times.

Not sure why flushing makes your shower hot i would check the plumbing something must be wrong.


So how do you wash your hands if someone is using the bathroom?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.