First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you feel about the Pope visiting the US?
51229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

wingopanda wrote:

First of all I'm not a m*slim. Second of all, i love happiness and am very happy myself, i am just sour because of the state the world is in. I look down on nobody.


I find that hard to believe when you're constantly condemning everyone around you.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 9/24/15
I'm a secular man so his presence here isn't a huge deal for me, although maybe he was the cause of all that traffic on my commute home from school today
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 9/24/15
I don't really care
48423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

Who's jurisdiction are you under? Moscow? Constantinople?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/24/15
I'm glad that one of the largest weapons dealers got to hang out on the East Coast.
14749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/15 , edited 9/24/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

Why is anybody trying to argue with Wingopanda? I thought we all already knew for a fact that he's either trolling or a brainwashed ISIS puppet who hates happiness and loves looking down on others. Don't let one extremist start a religious war in this thread. The OP's trolling attempts are bad enough.


It's the old saying nobody can ever quite figure out:
"Why do you answer a troll? Do you WANT him to respond?? "

(And yeah, he's pretty much given up the "Bible-thumping" act for the "Wacky Conservative" act--
Guess the old online Halloween costume didn't fit the old fraud anymore.)


geauxtigers1989 wrote:Out of curiosity, did you feel the same way about Benedict XVI and John Paul II?


(For the sake of the thread, let's selectively quote out of context, revise history, and just all pretend you were asking the group, not the big fake foreign nut: )

How did I feel? Well, John Paul was the last of the old-school popes of the 50's-60's, and helped bring things into the Internet era, but Benedict was chosen just because they wanted someone who would stonewall all the sex-abuse controversies and keep them hushed.
When that turned out to hit a little too close to home, he picked Francis as his own successor, and I think he didn't quite know what he would get. In the good way.
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


wingopanda wrote:

First of all I'm not a m*slim. Second of all, i love happiness and am very happy myself, i am just sour because of the state the world is in. I look down on nobody.


I find that hard to believe when you're constantly condemning everyone around you.


condemning is not looking down upon. i'm trying to help people.



HuastecoOtaku wrote:


Who's jurisdiction are you under? Moscow? Constantinople?


Serbian ----> Moscow -----> Rétttrúnaðarkirkjan (basically Russian, but i'm in a different group, besides praising the lord we mainly fight against Ásatrúarfélagið)
401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 9/24/15 , edited 9/24/15
I really like this Pope, I'm not Catholic or religious but I have read the Bible and this Pope behaves similar to what Jesus would want.

He is humble, doesn't bash or judge homosexuals, wants to tax the churches that don't help the needy. Etc.

I think it is good that he's visiting a country like America to give hope to many people. New York is a place with people from all over the world and many need the good influence from the Pope.
48423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/24/15


Why do you go to a Protestant church? Wouldn't your clergy say it's better to pray at home in front of your icons instead of going to a heretical group?
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Why do you go to a Protestant church? Wouldn't your clergy say it's better to pray at home in front of your icons instead of going to a heretical group?


We often do community projects together, and everyone is nice. They are really the only people i know here. Also they are not as bad as USA protestants or god forbid European protestants
48423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

wingopanda wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Why do you go to a Protestant church? Wouldn't your clergy say it's better to pray at home in front of your icons instead of going to a heretical group?


We often do community projects together, and everyone is nice. They are really the only people i know here. Also they are not as bad as USA protestants or god forbid European protestants


I'm sure you miss attending the Divine Liturgy though.
16598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / NC
Offline
Posted 9/24/15
I ain't a fan of commies coming to address congress...
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


wingopanda wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Why do you go to a Protestant church? Wouldn't your clergy say it's better to pray at home in front of your icons instead of going to a heretical group?


We often do community projects together, and everyone is nice. They are really the only people i know here. Also they are not as bad as USA protestants or god forbid European protestants


I'm sure you miss attending the Divine Liturgy though.


Yea i do i guess. Are you a christian?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

billytheboy wrote:

I ain't a fan of commies coming to address congress...


Hypocrite addressing hypocrites seems pretty funny if you ask me.

19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 9/24/15

deadscreen wrote:

personally I don't like it. only because they treat him like hes important. he can go wherever he wants but he doesn't need the royal treatment. it just shows me how commercial religion is in America and how dumb people are






First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.