First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Survey: What do you want to see in this forum?
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I have a feeling that you guys only enjoy arguing and talking. Do you all even read articles? Because I dont' think I want to channel my efforts in the wrong place here.

I'm seeing so many argumentative threads now, and seriously, I'm saddened, because God is not there. My stand is that I'm not going to explain more than I need to for atheists. They have been around for some time, they know where to find explanations. Yet everywhere I see, people are taking so much time just to argue with them. Do you need to win battles to prove who you are? Does the opinion of others matter more than what God thinks of you?

What do you want to see in this forum? Skeptical topics that atheists and christians often argue about? Because it can be done. This is a forum for all, but my goal is to focus on Him and him alone. Where He is I will be. If he's not around, I not going to stay here either. I won't have time to continuously be in this group to moderate.

I initially wanted this place to be somewhere to build the faith level of believers up. I dont' need to tell you that this is not happening.

So, what do you guys want?
Creator
592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

Faeleia wrote:

I have a feeling that you guys only enjoy arguing and talking. Do you all even read articles? Because I dont' think I want to channel my efforts in the wrong place here.

I'm seeing so many argumentative threads now, and seriously, I'm saddened, because God is not there. My stand is that I'm not going to explain more than I need to for atheists. They have been around for some time, they know where to find explanations. Yet everywhere I see, people are taking so much time just to argue with them. Do you need to win battles to prove who you are? Does the opinion of others matter more than what God thinks of you?

What do you want to see in this forum? Skeptical topics that atheists and christians often argue about? Because it can be done. This is a forum for all, but my goal is to focus on Him and him alone. Where He is I will be. If he's not around, I not going to stay here either. I won't have time to continuously be in this group to moderate.

I initially wanted this place to be somewhere to build the faith level of believers up. I dont' need to tell you that this is not happening.

So, what do you guys want?



Every time I come to the forums, I always expect to argue back. And that's partly my fault; I let my pride take over and join in the argument, and that shouldn't be the case. I also want this forum to be a place where we exhort others in their walk with God.
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
i read the articles that you give fae! and i NEED MORE! wheew! i Need to know Him more!

i dont like some of the threads now... its hurting my head....
Posted 2/7/08
Less debate on the existence of God. This is a Christian group, not an agnostic group.
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
yep i agree... the debates are giving me headaches...
Member
25914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
Did those non-Christian people just joined to argue? if so, i'm saddened...
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

deathnoterocks wrote:

Did those non-Christian people just joined to argue? if so, i'm saddened...


actually, its ok if they would ask things...but they are doing it to try to not prove that God exists and i think their main cause is that they could convince people here to convert to thier new religion....

god is science....
Member
25914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

emm0548 wrote:


deathnoterocks wrote:

Did those non-Christian people just joined to argue? if so, i'm saddened...


actually, its ok if they would ask things...but they are doing it to try to not prove that God exists and i think their main cause is that they could convince people here to convert to thier new religion....

god is science....


Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? that WE are the one supposed to convert them since THIS is a Christian group?
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

deathnoterocks wrote:

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? that WE are the one supposed to convert them since THIS is a Christian group?


basically yeah but as you can see.... (which is funny for me).. the atheists are always asking questions...

we as christians answer them,,, in hope that we could change thier mind and feel God's love for them...

but instead, they dont listen,, they just ask and ask and ask... they dont listen... they still lean unto thier own understanding...

we have done our part...weve told them about Jesus... but still, its not in our power to convert them...

so debates really are a waste of time
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
I would almost like to see this place like a support group. where Christians can come and ask for prayer and get support and encouragement. And to help others who need it and just set an example on CR of what Christians really are. Idk, almost like an online church but not really.
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
^ yep! support group and a group where we can learn and appreciate Jesus more!!!
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
Yeah ok. ^ How should we go about setting up the support thingy? People aren't really posting to ask for support...
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
oh right... ummm.. why not giving encouragement... or maybe they are afraid to tell personal stuff? anyway, we can still support in many ways... and it will really take time for people to open up...
Member
7132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / NC
Offline
Posted 2/9/08

digs wrote:

I would almost like to see this place like a support group. where Christians can come and ask for prayer and get support and encouragement. And to help others who need it and just set an example on CR of what Christians really are. Idk, almost like an online church but not really.


Faeleia wrote:
Yeah ok. ^ How should we go about setting up the support thingy? People aren't really posting to ask for support...


emm0548 wrote:
oh right... ummm.. why not giving encouragement... or maybe they are afraid to tell personal stuff? anyway, we can still support in many ways... and it will really take time for people to open up... :)



Yea, the support group is a good idea... :)
and I'll be willing to open up, there's a lot of things I can think of that needs prayer. including my family and a
church we attended...
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
I am not someone who opens up very easily, and not usually in a group setting. But something very big is going to happen in my life hopefully soon, I would rather not say what at the moment since idk what everyones views towards this sort of thing would be (I haven't told me parents) But I am always willing to encourage, support, or do what I can. I think maybe if we almost started an international prayer chain for those who post requests that it would be a good jump start.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.