First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply cdjapan.co.jp
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/25/15 , edited 9/25/15
Hello, I was trying to make a purchase on an item featured on this site, and wanted to make a security verification to anyone who has used it before?

I entered in my credit card and it asked me for visa verification. I don't have one so I clicked on the option for no password. Now I was taken to a site called secure7.arcot.com. It is now asking me for this information
and I am not sure whether or not it is legitimate. Any quick (but knowledgeable please) responses would be much appreciated.

Edit: I looked around numerous places and saw many positive reviews on the site cdjapan.co.jp. But I've never seen this verified by visa stuff or heard of arcot.com before and the site looks really suspicious. Should I freeze my card?
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
What are you trying to buy? Have you tried another site?
5209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
When in doubt, go to your bank and verify that this is ok.
41651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/25/15 , edited 9/25/15
It's safe. Have ordered from there before and can confirm that the items do ship and are in good condition.
Kind of expensive, but it is reliable. Have ordered from there only a couple times because Japanese merch is expensive but the site is legit.

Edit: Here is the Web of Trust page for arcot.com which is rated green. It's a third party authentication source. I'd say go for it and if the item never comes or strange charges are made dispute them, worse come to worse it's a scam but last I checked CDJapan is legit so I don't think there's anything to worry about.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

It's safe. Have ordered from there before and can confirm that the items do ship and are in good condition.
Kind of expensive, but it is reliable. Have ordered from there only a couple times because Japanese merch is expensive but the site is legit.


Thank you. Sorry to be kind of repetitive but I just want to be sure. I retraced my steps and know that I haven't input any information on the arcot site itself yet. But do you get a third party website (idk if its always secure7.arcot.com) that asks you to re input all of the information that you put on cdjapan.co.jp? Along with asking for your last 4 digits of your SSN?
41651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/25/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

It's safe. Have ordered from there before and can confirm that the items do ship and are in good condition.
Kind of expensive, but it is reliable. Have ordered from there only a couple times because Japanese merch is expensive but the site is legit.


Thank you. Sorry to be kind of repetitive but I just want to be sure. I retraced my steps and know that I haven't input any information on the arcot site itself yet. But do you get a third party website (idk if its always secure7.arcot.com) that asks you to re input all of the information that you put on cdjapan.co.jp? Along with asking for your last 4 digits of your SSN?



It was a few years ago? I don't really remember. I was also helping my dad order it because I didn't have my own card back then (I was 14 or 15 at the time of ordering the couple items from there), so i was quite annoyed having to walk him through it. I wish I could give you a better answer than that.

Honestly, the Web of Trust page shows the arcot site as green, and I don't think the site would be using a fake authentication page.
I'd say give It a go, monitor your card activity, if anything strange happens, kill the card.
q87dt 
9025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
Hi,
I've pruchased some items on cdjapan.co.jp myself. No problems with delivery or payment so far.
Honestly, I don't remember if I had to do a separate security verification for my Visa Card. Seems like a new security feature on the site to me. I'm used to this kind of checks, it's not uncommon for certain payment services/webshops here in europe as well.
I assume that Wells Fargo is the issuer of your credit card? If so, everything is ok as far as I can tell.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/25/15 , edited 9/25/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

It was a few years ago? I don't really remember. I was also helping my dad order it because I didn't have my own card back then (I was 14 or 15 at the time of ordering the couple items from there), so i was quite annoyed having to walk him through it. I wish I could give you a better answer than that.

Honestly, the Web of Trust page shows the arcot site as green, and I don't think the site would be using a fake authentication page.
I'd say give It a go, monitor your card activity, if anything strange happens, kill the card.



Alright, I'll give it a go. I haven't seen anything negative about the website and have been looking around about visa with verification. yah, I will be monitoring my account haha. But it looks safe enough. Thanks for your help!


q87dt wrote:

Hi,
I've pruchased some items on cdjapan.co.jp myself. No problems with delivery or payment so far.
Honestly, I don't remember if I had to do a separate security verification for my Visa Card. Seems like a new security feature on the site to me. I'm used to this kind of checks, it's not uncommon for certain payment services/webshops here in europe as well.
I assume that Wells Fargo is the issuer of your credit card? If so, everything is ok as far as I can tell.



Yes, WF is my bank provider. I'll just be checking on my account to make sure nothing gets charged that I didn't pay for. Thanks for your input.
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
I wouldn't worry about it, Visa verification is totally normal, I've had to do it numerous times. Also, my brother orders stuff from CDJapan fairly regularly and he's never had a problem at all, they're pretty reputable!
Posted 9/25/15
CDJapan is safer than Crunchyroll.
39173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
cdjapan is great and reputable. I order from them pretty regularly. The Visa verification started a couple of years ago and I had to set up everything you have in the picture there.
39005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
Give me your card/bank info and I will test it our for you
7413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
Here's some info on Verified by Visa. It's been around a while now.
https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/small-business-tools/payment-technology/verified-by-visa.html
19126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
Is cdjapan cheaper than amazon.jp?
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/25/15
i wouldnt trust them

they kidnapped my first born child
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.