First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Not Happy - Waiting for Gate
8178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/29/15

TheAncientOne wrote:
Late night anime is normally more like late night infomercials in the US, in that the time slot is purchased from the station, rather than the station licensing the show. Income from any commercial time that is sold is meant to pay for the cost of purchasing broadcast time.
Is there any data out there about what those time slots cost? I've always wondered but I've never seen any info.
17901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/29/15

Awaken_Riceball_ wrote:

Awaiting Rory PVC Figurine


I haven't seen a lot of Gate merchandise Just one Rory hug pillow cover on Ebay

The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/30/15

SnugglesGodOfDeath wrote:

Is there any data out there about what those time slots cost? I've always wondered but I've never seen any info.

I don't have any data myself, and I haven't checked into. I expect it would be the same as the cost the station would expect to be able to garner from commercial sales, less a discount for purchasing them all in one go, plus a further discount for the station not having to create or license programming to fill the slot.

Given that those same time slots often get filled by infomercials in the US (which have to pay their way based on the amount of product they can sell), I'll wager they aren't very expensive.

5906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/1/15

FrostFurosuto wrote:

I don't really mind it being delayed. Atleast the episodes aired on time and the second half will air soon. God Eater on the other hand...


"aired on time" it was scheduled to air on fridays and was always on a saturday
13681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / N.Ireland
Online
Posted 10/1/15

TeasingGod wrote:


FrostFurosuto wrote:

I don't really mind it being delayed. Atleast the episodes aired on time and the second half will air soon. God Eater on the other hand...


"aired on time" it was scheduled to air on fridays and was always on a saturday


Only the final few episodes, and don't forget that Japan was hit by a typhoon so there was a lot of disruption to rail services. So an episode delayed by twelve hours was no big deal just as long as everyone was safe (in my opinion at least).

5906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/1/15

UnholyKyono wrote:


TeasingGod wrote:


FrostFurosuto wrote:

I don't really mind it being delayed. Atleast the episodes aired on time and the second half will air soon. God Eater on the other hand...


"aired on time" it was scheduled to air on fridays and was always on a saturday


Only the final few episodes, and don't forget that Japan was hit by a typhoon so there was a lot of disruption to rail services. So an episode delayed by twelve hours was no big deal just as long as everyone was safe (in my opinion at least).



NO MY ENTERTAINMENT COMES BEFORE EVERYONES LIVES

but seriously i didn't know that
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.