First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
George Zimmerman tweets death photo of Trayvon Martin; "I am a one man army."
15259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/28/15 , edited 9/28/15
Not the first person who has attempted to captialise on their "achievements"
7046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
the zimmerman account is fake, the guy has been doing stuff like this for months. no need to get angry over some fake account trying to incite rage.
24253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

SatouSAO wrote:

the zimmerman account is fake, the guy has been doing stuff like this for months. no need to get angry over some fake account trying to incite rage.


Oh, we'll shame on them.
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hotel California
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

Zimmerman has made no effort to hide the fact that he's proud to have killed a defenseless kid. In fact, he brags about it. This is nothing new nor surprising.

What I want to know is how is he still allowed to walk the streets freely? This is a man who happily executed an innocent kid after instigating a conflict, he's been stopped multiple times for breaking traffic laws, he's had several domestic fights with his girlfriend, and the people in charge of law enforcement STILL don't see there's something wrong with this man? This is becoming a joke.

Can't be tried for the same thing twice. It's stupid but what can you do...
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

Voc666IV wrote:

Not the first person who has attempted to captialise on their "achievements"


Is that the Japanese cannibal? I remember watching the film about him on YouTube. Disturbing shit.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

ChaoticRuins wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Zimmerman has made no effort to hide the fact that he's proud to have killed a defenseless kid. In fact, he brags about it. This is nothing new nor surprising.

What I want to know is how is he still allowed to walk the streets freely? This is a man who happily executed an innocent kid after instigating a conflict, he's been stopped multiple times for breaking traffic laws, he's had several domestic fights with his girlfriend, and the people in charge of law enforcement STILL don't see there's something wrong with this man? This is becoming a joke.

Can't be tried for the same thing twice. It's stupid but what can you do...


You can when there's evidence. The only thing that needs to be done differently the second time is get a group of jurors who would actually use that evidence. His trial was a joke since the jury disregarded all the evidence and just took his word, even when his girlfriend admitted to lying for him when she testified. Even one of the jurors came forward and said Zimmerman murdered Martin, but there just weren't enough jurors that wanted to convict him for some strange reason.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 9/28/15 , edited 9/28/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

Zimmerman has made no effort to hide the fact that he's proud to have killed a defenseless kid. In fact, he brags about it. This is nothing new nor surprising.

What I want to know is how is he still allowed to walk the streets freely? This is a man who happily executed an innocent kid after instigating a conflict, he's been stopped multiple times for breaking traffic laws, he's had several domestic fights with his girlfriend, and the people in charge of law enforcement STILL don't see there's something wrong with this man? This is becoming a joke.


Double Jeopardy - He cannot be sent to trial again for the same crime after a judgment has been passed. He can say he lied and just killed him for sport and he still couldn't be sent to trial. At that point though I think someone would go after him. I do agree that the police and his neighbors should keep a close eye on him though (they probably are already).

Edit: I see you replied to a post just like mine. However, double jeopardy does not matter if you bring in more evidence or not. He cannot be sent to trial for the exact same case again. Say person A is tried for killing person B but person B is really still alive but faked his death and person A was acquitted of the crime he can then go and really kill person B and nothing will happen to person A.
24563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

Khaltazar wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Zimmerman has made no effort to hide the fact that he's proud to have killed a defenseless kid. In fact, he brags about it. This is nothing new nor surprising.

What I want to know is how is he still allowed to walk the streets freely? This is a man who happily executed an innocent kid after instigating a conflict, he's been stopped multiple times for breaking traffic laws, he's had several domestic fights with his girlfriend, and the people in charge of law enforcement STILL don't see there's something wrong with this man? This is becoming a joke.


Double Jeopardy - He cannot be sent to trial again for the same crime after a judgment has been passed. He can say he lied and just killed him for sport and he still couldn't be sent to trial. At that point though I think someone would go after him. I do agree that the police and his neighbors should keep a close eye on him though (they probably are already).

Edit: I see you replied to a post just like mine. However, double jeopardy does not matter if you bring in more evidence or not. He cannot be sent to trial for the exact same case again. Say person A is tried for killing person B but person B is really still alive but faked his death and person A was acquitted of the crime he can then go and really kill person B and nothing will happen to person A.


That is factually incorrect. Though it was the same person (who wasn't murdered the first time), it would be a different instance of murder, and therefore be a separate count.

Also, I would caution against getting riled up about a Facebook account. Any old jackass can make a Facebook account pretending to be whoever they want. I can make myself a friggin' account right now, call myself King Louis XIV. Doesn't mean it's actually me.

As to Zimmerman "Acting like an asshole"... hm. I dunno. It's some decidedly prickish behaviour (though you have to wonder how much of it was fabricated by accusers, instigated intentionally to try to entrap him, or just blown up by the media), but I wouldn't call it sociopathic, nor pychopathic. He has been constantly harrassed and threatened ever since; it wouldn't surprise me if his response to the pressure was a big ol' middle finger up to the world. Treat someone like a dog long enough, and he's going to bite. As big an ass as he's been, I'm not entirely certain I can blame him for it.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

outontheop wrote:

As to Zimmerman "Acting like an asshole"... hm. I dunno. It's some decidedly prickish behaviour (though you have to wonder how much of it was fabricated by accusers, instigated intentionally to try to entrap him, or just blown up by the media), but I wouldn't call it sociopathic, nor pychopathic. He has been constantly harrassed and threatened ever since; it wouldn't surprise me if his response to the pressure was a big ol' middle finger up to the world. Treat someone like a dog long enough, and he's going to bite. As big an ass as he's been, I'm not entirely certain I can blame him for it.


It's one thing if his behavior was a direct result of the hate he's been getting. What we have here is him getting hate as a result of his behavior. Apparently, he's been acting like an ass long before he ever killed Martin and became famous. Then after becoming a celebrity, he goes out and actually brags over and over again about murdering a defenseless child. I've never seen such disgusting behavior go unpunished.

This "one man army" retweet isn't the only stupid thing he did recently. He went on a twitter rampage earlier today, still acting disrespectful and still bragging about how he got away.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-retweets-picture-trayvon-martin-corpse-article-1.2376777

85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

outontheop wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Zimmerman has made no effort to hide the fact that he's proud to have killed a defenseless kid. In fact, he brags about it. This is nothing new nor surprising.

What I want to know is how is he still allowed to walk the streets freely? This is a man who happily executed an innocent kid after instigating a conflict, he's been stopped multiple times for breaking traffic laws, he's had several domestic fights with his girlfriend, and the people in charge of law enforcement STILL don't see there's something wrong with this man? This is becoming a joke.


Double Jeopardy - He cannot be sent to trial again for the same crime after a judgment has been passed. He can say he lied and just killed him for sport and he still couldn't be sent to trial. At that point though I think someone would go after him. I do agree that the police and his neighbors should keep a close eye on him though (they probably are already).

Edit: I see you replied to a post just like mine. However, double jeopardy does not matter if you bring in more evidence or not. He cannot be sent to trial for the exact same case again. Say person A is tried for killing person B but person B is really still alive but faked his death and person A was acquitted of the crime he can then go and really kill person B and nothing will happen to person A.


That is factually incorrect. Though it was the same person (who wasn't murdered the first time), it would be a different instance of murder, and therefore be a separate count.

Also, I would caution against getting riled up about a Facebook account. Any old jackass can make a Facebook account pretending to be whoever they want. I can make myself a friggin' account right now, call myself King Louis XIV. Doesn't mean it's actually me.

As to Zimmerman "Acting like an asshole"... hm. I dunno. It's some decidedly prickish behaviour (though you have to wonder how much of it was fabricated by accusers, instigated intentionally to try to entrap him, or just blown up by the media), but I wouldn't call it sociopathic, nor pychopathic. He has been constantly harrassed and threatened ever since; it wouldn't surprise me if his response to the pressure was a big ol' middle finger up to the world. Treat someone like a dog long enough, and he's going to bite. As big an ass as he's been, I'm not entirely certain I can blame him for it.


You replied to the wrong person in the second and third paragraphs there. I don't use Facebook and didn't say anything about Zimmerman. I just replied to the person about double jeopardy. You need to break your posts up if you want to notify the person you're quoting.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15

Khaltazar wrote:

Edit: I see you replied to a post just like mine. However, double jeopardy does not matter if you bring in more evidence or not. He cannot be sent to trial for the exact same case again. Say person A is tried for killing person B but person B is really still alive but faked his death and person A was acquitted of the crime he can then go and really kill person B and nothing will happen to person A.


Name one place in the entire country with laws that work like that.
36966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
He's deranged. Pay him no mind.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 9/28/15 , edited 9/28/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

Edit: I see you replied to a post just like mine. However, double jeopardy does not matter if you bring in more evidence or not. He cannot be sent to trial for the exact same case again. Say person A is tried for killing person B but person B is really still alive but faked his death and person A was acquitted of the crime he can then go and really kill person B and nothing will happen to person A.


Name one place in the entire country with laws that work like that.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy

You cannot be charged for the same or similar crimes more than once if acquitted of the first.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't read into it enough. It seems there is a possibility of a retrial, but it is unlikely. In my example, a retrial would occur.
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
okay regardless of the original circumstances can we all agree FUCK George Zimmerman at this point? You don't brag about that shit, not unless you're a complete fuckwad.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
This bothers me incredibly little.

It's an instance of a wrongful death compared to a larger problem of many wrongful deaths, which are in turn a symptom of a division between the police and the general citizenry. Both sides of the debate (those that accuse people of being cop killers, and those that accuse the police of killing too many citizens unnecessarily), are still missing the point: the problem is that people are increasingly seeing it as an us vs. them situation where the divide itself needs resolution.

So yeah... unfortunate, but fucks just not given. and as hurtful as it may seem, I knew nothing of the kid. I have very limited capacity for empathy towards people that are just a name that briefly hit the news a year ago.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.