First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply UN? Are you okay?
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/15
"UN says Cyber Violence is equivalent to Physical Violence"

You may laugh now. No. Seriously. Have a good laugh.

http://time.com/4049106/un-cyber-violence-physical-violence/

Yep. They even had Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn there for it. Your champions of internet censorship.

Meanwhile.



http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uk-and-saudi-arabia-made-secret-deal-to-exchange-votes-for-human-rights-council-seats-leaked-a6673491.html

16598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / NC
Offline
Posted 9/30/15
I'm not too big a fan of the UN, to put it in polite terms...
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/30/15
While I don't agree with cyber bullying, there are bigger issues in the world.
Posted 9/30/15
United nations? More like united nerds loooool xdd.

But honestly, they're full of shit.
39062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 9/30/15
Man.... this thread makes me feel like dishing out some cyber violence
Posted 9/30/15

thekevin4 wrote:

Man.... this thread makes me feel like dishing out some cyber violence


U.N. I both.

Seriously, what is cyber violence? Cyber bullying?
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/15 , edited 9/30/15

Dariamus wrote:

While I don't agree with cyber bullying, there are bigger issues in the world.


No kiddin'. Though they're talking about cyber violence, not bullying. For example, if you harm someone even emotionally (excuse me, I meant "women" because fuck men). You're committing cyber violence.

Ow my feelings! It's the equivalent of physically hitting me. Apparently.



However, no worries though! Saudi Arabia will make sure your human rights are protected!


The U.N. defines violence against women as “any act of gender-based violence that results in, or is likely to result in, physical, sexual or psychological harm or suffering to women, including threats of such acts.” The report notes that cyber violence is an extension of that definition, that includes acts like trolling, hacking, spamming, and harassment.


Don't spam my inbox! I'll send you to the UN! Same with trolling, because I have no sense of humor and will take everything you say as a personal offense. How is rape such a big deal? Clearly we have it all wrong, we should be focusing on women that get told to "SMD" on twitter.

Oh the utter atrocity being committed in our world!

25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 9/30/15 , edited 9/30/15
And pray tell how the UN will enforce this? If the Rwandan Genocide taught me anything its that they wont be able to do shit.

7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/30/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Dariamus wrote:

While I don't agree with cyber bullying, there are bigger issues in the world.


No kiddin'. Though they're talking about cyber violence, not bullying. For example, if you harm someone even emotionally (excuse me, I meant "women" because fuck men). You're committing cyber violence.

Ow my feelings! It's the equivalent of physically hitting me. Apparently.



However, no worries though! Saudi Arabia will make sure your human rights are protected!



I've attended a public flogging/execution in Saudi Arabia. Not pretty.

I will comment on the low crime rate in Jeddah though. You could drop a wallet full of money on the sidewalk and it would still be there the next day.

2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/15
I like how the UN put Saudi Arabia in charge of a human rights panel just shows how corrupt they are.
Posted 9/30/15
I think cyber violence is a serious issue not being taken seriously, if we include most cyber harassment crimes in the index. You can destroy a person's name through slander and libel, or worst yet engage in the online sex trade via sextortions. At the very least if someone hits me I'll know who they are and can press charges, but on the internet even revenge porn is legal in most states.
17891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/30/15

biscuitnote wrote:

I like how the UN put Saudi Arabia in charge of a human rights panel just shows how corrupt they are.

Hell they had China leading it for awhile. How big of a joke was that?

39062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 9/30/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:

Man.... this thread makes me feel like dishing out some cyber violence


U.N. I both.

Seriously, what is cyber violence? Cyber bullying?


Well played sir
Posted 9/30/15

uncletim wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

I like how the UN put Saudi Arabia in charge of a human rights panel just shows how corrupt they are.

Hell they had China leading it for awhile. How big of a joke was that?



*Waits for Liu Xiaobo to be released.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/15 , edited 9/30/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I think cyber violence is a serious issue not being taken seriously, if we include most cyber harassment crimes in the index. You can destroy a person's name through slander and libel, or worst yet engage in the online sex trade via sextortions. At the very least if someone hits me I'll know who they are and can press charges, but on the internet even revenge porn is legal in most states.


#piggate


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.