First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Uber driver stops mass shooting
Posted 10/5/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

Go learn English vocabulary. Killing =/= murder.


If you're under the impression that the term "murder" is of English origin, you're deluding yourself. Danish: myrde, Icelandic: myrða, Norwegian: myrde, Swedish: mörda, Old Norse: morð, Proto-Germanic: murþrą. We've used it on a regular basis for over two thousand years, and we still use it today, just as indiscriminately as when the term was established.

So, maybe, it is not I who should learn your language, but you who should learn mine. Or, at the very least, maybe you should learn how to not be impatient and prejudiced considering if you had only bothered to ask, you would've been told that my post was directed at the general mindset of a person or group of people who uses rationalization as a tool to get away with it, whatever "it" is, and that my post was written with capital punishment in mind, not necessarily this very topic specifically.


PhantomGundam wrote:

If someone violently broke into your house, put your family in danger, and the only weapon close to you was a gun, would you shoot or allow the assailant to do whatever they want with your life and your family's lives on the line?


I don't care how you justify it. I don't care if you rationalize that justice, statistics, or God is on your side, and so you think it's ok for you to enter a school and massacre a bunch of kids, or kill someone at the grocery store or at your home whom you think might kill you first. I don't care how you rationalize it, only that you rationalize. "It's ok when I do it, because I'm a good person. It's ok when I do it, because I'm right. It's ok, because I have good intentions. It's ok, because I feel bad. It's ok, because [add a million random excuses]." It's an archaic mindset that is very inconvenient to everyone, and the lack of awareness around that fact is astounding.

In that hypothetical scenario, whether I had a gun or not, I would kill the person, or attempt to, and I have no problem saying that, but more importantly won't I go around claiming that I did the right or the wrong thing, and I most certainly don't care if you or anyone else think I did the right or the wrong thing. And that's the difference between you and I: you'd hate it if you suddenly found out that you were the villain of the movie, which is why you want everyone in the world to acknowledge that you did the right thing, so that you can keep on living conscious free in your fantasy world, like Zimmerman. It's a very weak type of mentality; a mob mentality , where ones moral compass relies on something much bigger than oneself, and things such as persecution and vigilantism is free to blossom. You'd think vigilantism was the opposite of mob mentality, but it isn't; vigilantism happens when society encourages it.

Intentions are irrelevant. Everyone's intentions are "good" in their own head, even when their intentions are inconvenient to everyone around them. A pedophile thinks that he's doing the right thing when he "practices child love", did you know that? Yeah, even a pedophile has "good intentions". Did I just compare you to a pedophile? No, that would be a terrible accusation. But this type of mindset where you rationalize everything that is convenient to you, can go wrong in so many ways, and the only thing I can do is make jokes about it and laugh, because I came to realize a long time ago that people with this archaic type of mindset in this day and age will never change, never progress from it, because they live in an extremely conservative environment that doesn't allow learning from ones mistakes. Like I said, I'm not pro or anti anything, really; my intentions are obscured, at best, even to me. I'm just here to laugh at how your condition and environment will never change to something more civilized. It's really the only thing I can do.

But, yeah, my English vocabulary really needs improvement. I mean, out of fourteen or something languages that I know in total, English was the sixth, and I had to learn it on my own. It's almost as if an American could be better than me at it. And by American I mean immigrant.

Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15
oh snap, Hrafna going hard in the paint.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

Hrafna wrote:

In that hypothetical scenario, whether I had a gun or not, I would kill the person, or attempt to, and I have no problem saying that, but more importantly won't I go around claiming that I did the right or the wrong thing, and I most certainly don't care if you or anyone else think I did the right or the wrong thing. And that's the difference between you and I: you'd hate it if you suddenly found out that you were the villain of the movie, which is why you want everyone in the world to acknowledge that you did the right thing, so that you can keep on living conscious free in your fantasy world, like Zimmerman. It's a very weak type of mentality; a mob mentality , where ones moral compass relies on something much bigger than oneself, and things such as persecution and vigilantism is free to blossom. You'd think vigilantism was the opposite of mob mentality, but it isn't; vigilantism happens when society encourages it.


So basically, Hrafna's issue isn't that "Americans are evil because they kill with guns," it's "Americans are evil because they kill in self-defense and then claim they did the right thing."

Wow, that's uh... Yeah.

Okay then.
51569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15

Hrafna wrote:




You really do need to learn English, or at least stop pretending you know it, because you clearly didn't understand a word I said.

First of all, I'm talking about the word "murder" in the English language, not its origins in Swedish or Danish it whatever. By your logic, no word is English because every word in an English dictionary will have some origin from another language. More importantly, that has nothing to do with what I was telling you.

Second, what are you even talking about? There's not one person in this thread who is trying to rationalize the mind of a mass murder in order to justify them. What is this "general mindset" you speak of? The only general mindset you're looking at here is that everyone agrees that people who indiscriminately open fire on average people are crazy and events like that shouldn't happen.

Third, if you were talking about capital punishment and not the thread, why didn't you say so? Nobody was talking about capital punishment, so when you inserted your own post into the conversation, obviously it would be viewed in the context of the thread. It really sounds like you're pulling all of this out of thin air to make excuses for yourself because you couldn't argue against what I said.




Please tell me who here is saying that it's ok to shoot a dozen kids. If you honestly see that in these posts, you're hallucinating and need to see a doctor right away. There is no way you can possibly compare shooting someone to protect yourself with shooting to kill random people because you want to. You just said it yourself that you would shoot if it was to save your life from someone attacking you. That's exactly what I'm saying. If you really see no difference, you just called yourself the same as those nutjobs who go around shooting schools and movie theaters.

I'll repeat this again. Shooting someone to protect yourself or someone else from an attacker IS NOT the same as actively going to some place to kill a bunch of people. You must have a few screws loose if you think they're the same. I find it insulting that just because I believe in protecting myself, you found it ok to compare me to a man who killed just because he could and then brags about it like he just won the Olympics or something. Zimmerman has shown time and time again he feels no remorse for what he did and is even proud to have killed an innocent child.

Intentions aren't irrelevant. Intentions are what separate murder from accidental killings. It doesn't matter if a mass shooter believed he was doing the right thing by trying to kill people. The fact is that he intended to kill and did it. That makes such a person a mass murderer. No one is trying to justify such actions.

If you're still having difficulties understanding what I wrote, I would recommend using Google Translate to translate this post into whatever language you're most comfortable with. I know Google Translate is far from perfect, but it can't be any worse then the way your brain is currently trying to translate for you, since you obviously didn't understand anything I said in my previous post.
5404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sitting on a pale...
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15
In Ga, I bought a firearm with a 12+1 round capability, a box of 50x9mm ammunition and a spare magazine for less than $600 new with little more than a cursory background check by the GBI. The whole thing took less than 24hrs from start to finish. On going to pick up my firearm, I bought a Minotaur MTAC (concealed carry) holster and a Galco classic hip holster. I went to the courthouse, and for $80 got a Georgia firearms license which meant I could both open and concealed carry. That took six weeks. I didn't have to get it, it's legal to keep a gun in your house and by extension your car, but I could with nothing more than a cursory background check, so I did. I was at the courthouse for 45 mins. I then bought a Dan Wesson CBOB from a guy in a parking lot I met through a local 2A website who I emailed only 3 hours before. I gave him money and he gave me a .45. In a parking lot. Gun for cash.

I went home. Thought about it for a while and locked everything away in a safe and there my love affair with firearms ended.

I sold the CBOB to an old work colleague and gave the XD9-M to my f-i-l.

It is so horribly easy to get firearms in this country. So much so I now avoid them like the plague.
16863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15

Hotstonez wrote:

In Ga, I bought a firearm with a 12+1 round capability, a box of 50x9mm ammunition and a spare magazine for less than $600 new with little more than a cursory background check by the GBI. The whole thing took less than 24hrs from start to finish. On going to pick up my firearm, I bought a Minotaur MTAC (concealed carry) holster and a Galco classic hip holster. I went to the courthouse, and for $80 got a Georgia firearms license which meant I could both open and concealed carry. That took six weeks. I didn't have to get it, it's legal to keep a gun in your house and by extension your car, but I could with nothing more than a cursory background check, so I did. I was at the courthouse for 45 mins. I then bought a Dan Wesson CBOB from a guy in a parking lot I met through a local 2A website who I emailed only 3 hours before. I gave him money and he gave me a .45. In a parking lot. Gun for cash.

I went home. Thought about it for a while and locked everything away in a safe and there my love affair with firearms ended.

I sold the CBOB to an old work colleague and gave the XD9-M to my f-i-l.

It is so horribly easy to get firearms in this country. So much so I now avoid them like the plague.


If you don't have kids then you should have kept it in a convenient location that you can grab from any location in the house easily. Then performed regular maintenance on it occasionally. A gun is like a fire extinguisher, you never use it till you need it and when you need it you REALLY need it.



Your English isn't the problem your logic is the problem... I don't know where to begin.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15


Didn't take too long for Hrafna to go all in on the crazy train.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

Hotstonez wrote:

In Ga, I bought a firearm with a 12+1 round capability, a box of 50x9mm ammunition and a spare magazine for less than $600 new with little more than a cursory background check by the GBI. The whole thing took less than 24hrs from start to finish. On going to pick up my firearm, I bought a Minotaur MTAC (concealed carry) holster and a Galco classic hip holster. I went to the courthouse, and for $80 got a Georgia firearms license which meant I could both open and concealed carry. That took six weeks. I didn't have to get it, it's legal to keep a gun in your house and by extension your car, but I could with nothing more than a cursory background check, so I did. I was at the courthouse for 45 mins. I then bought a Dan Wesson CBOB from a guy in a parking lot I met through a local 2A website who I emailed only 3 hours before. I gave him money and he gave me a .45. In a parking lot. Gun for cash.

I went home. Thought about it for a while and locked everything away in a safe and there my love affair with firearms ended.

I sold the CBOB to an old work colleague and gave the XD9-M to my f-i-l.

It is so horribly easy to get firearms in this country. So much so I now avoid them like the plague.


Something really doesn't make sense with your post.
16863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
So......

Chinese mass murder with cleavers: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman: http://fox6now.com/2013/03/12/marine-with-concealed-carry-permit-stops-man-from-beating-woman/
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
When I first read this...

5404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sitting on a pale...
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

VZ68 wrote:


Hotstonez wrote:

In Ga, I bought a firearm with a 12+1 round capability, a box of 50x9mm ammunition and a spare magazine for less than $600 new with little more than a cursory background check by the GBI. The whole thing took less than 24hrs from start to finish. On going to pick up my firearm, I bought a Minotaur MTAC (concealed carry) holster and a Galco classic hip holster. I went to the courthouse, and for $80 got a Georgia firearms license which meant I could both open and concealed carry. That took six weeks. I didn't have to get it, it's legal to keep a gun in your house and by extension your car, but I could with nothing more than a cursory background check, so I did. I was at the courthouse for 45 mins. I then bought a Dan Wesson CBOB from a guy in a parking lot I met through a local 2A website who I emailed only 3 hours before. I gave him money and he gave me a .45. In a parking lot. Gun for cash.

I went home. Thought about it for a while and locked everything away in a safe and there my love affair with firearms ended.

I sold the CBOB to an old work colleague and gave the XD9-M to my f-i-l.

It is so horribly easy to get firearms in this country. So much so I now avoid them like the plague.


Something really doesn't make sense with your post.


In what way?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
https://youtu.be/k4TJkPLN_g8

Hrafna logic.

MUST WATCH
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15

Hotstonez wrote:


VZ68 wrote:



Something really doesn't make sense with your post.


In what way?




I just can't quite put my finger on it.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

VZ68 wrote:




I just can't quite put my finger on it.


I kekked.
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15

sarteck wrote:


izzymoto_sama wrote:

Most gun deaths happen in war, where an entire nation licenses every gun to their citizens under the guise of patriotism. If wars were fought with, less say pillows, would we wanna ban those too? You can't blame the instrument of war as the criminal. It's the leader of the country, the madman who snaps at his school, a group of Russians playing roulette who are to blame.

But on the topic of this forum, the shooter was a hero indeed.


That's not funny, man. Some of my best friends were killed by pillow-force trauma.


im sorry for ur loss that's a fluff way to go man
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.