First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply What Anime Do Atheist Watch?
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

nikiann007 wrote:

What made you ask this? It's a question that you need to state more about.


It's like the same idea as "what do you say in response to an atheist who just sneezed?"

Or do atheists take overtime/no day offs during holiday seasons?
11707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
What kind of anime does people who stereotype athiests like?
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15

mu00man wrote:


jg9797 wrote:


mu00man wrote:


jg9797 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It's legit, although technically I'm agnostic. :/ Would everyone's favorite onii chan lie to you?


Been wondering about this for a while, do you (and anyone else who identifies as such here) know about apathiesm? I think a lot of people misidentify because they don't have terminology straight and I really hate when people correct me.


I never learned this term, is it different from scepticism? Scepticism also denies knowledge, so if apathiesm doesn't deny knowledge then it would be different.


I've not heard scepticism used religiously, but I would guess it's pretty similar.

Some quick google dictionary/wikipedia results for you:

Agnostic (n.) -

A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Apatheism, also known as pragmatic atheism or practical atheism, is acting with apathy, disregard, or lack of interest towards belief or disbelief in a deity.

Do you believe that you don't know and shouldn't bother finding out, or that it is impossible to know (beyond material phenomena).


oh I see, it's a sub set of Atheism, and definitely not skepticism. I guess I'd be apatheism, since the way I believe, who cares what others believe unless they are a horrible person (defining that is another endless rabbit hole lol). That follows my beliefs where I say school=teaches you knowledge, while religion/belief is for learning ethics/morals.

If we have the same freindly conclusions who cares how you get there, unless it requires me to something that inconvenients me to make you feel better lol (racist/prejudice/hate/etc). Like a really crude example I in order to make your morals work I have to do the same thing like walk on tacks. Though if I have to do something not so detrimental like go to church with my gf/wife no biggy. Though it's the other one who will have to live with the consequence of belief that i'll be going to hell or whatever the consequence it is for being a non believer lol.

Real life examples, btw if you wanna argue those about whose right and wrong i'll say ok and let you win, I don't want to argue over those/hijack thread that's why it's in a spoiler.


...I agree with basically all that except that atheism would actually be a subset of apatheism. All atheists are apathiests, but not all apathiests are atheists so yeah. But otherwise, yeah. What you said.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

K3n21 wrote:

What kind of anime does people who stereotype athiests like?


Sword Art Online
6113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wherever the tide...
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
Last 2 episodes of Evangelion

26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

onibrotonel wrote:

Do atheist spoil the fun for others when they watch anime?



No...what dies atheism have to do with anime? It's not like religion outside of Shinto plays a huge role in anime or anything and even then, it's not like anime preaches Shinto values. Heck, most Westerners (believing in God or not) probably wouldn't bat an eye at it.

Posted 10/5/15

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

They watch whatever anime they wanna watch, like me. (Not an atheist, btw)



To be fair to the OP, can atheists sit through this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIDYvg73RuM


Or this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabpl_ssPWw



Or something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEM-rHmNzCY


1 Yes and why do you assume I couldn't sit through it ?

2 Yes but I have no idea what going on, other than somebody is smoking something.

3 I enjoy the show and had read the manga.

There another anime where Jesus is a MC.

Saint Young Men. Original run September 22, 2006 – ongoing so far it has 11 volumes.

Was done by Studio A-1 Pictures.



Jesus Christ (イエス・キリスト Iesu Kirisuto?, voiced by Mirai Moriyama in the anime[1]) and Gautama Buddha (ゴータマ・ブッダ Gōtama Budda?, voiced by Gen Hoshino in the anime, the founders of Christianity and Buddhism respectively, are living together as roommates in an apartment in Tachikawa, part of the suburbs of Tokyo. While taking a vacation on Earth, they attempt to hide their identities and understand modern Japanese society. Each chapter shows their lives during an average day, when they are sightseeing, drinking beer, blogging, or playing video games.

While Jesus is portrayed as an impassioned person for his love for all (even for shopping), Buddha tends to be calm and thrifty, and also likes manga. The comedy often involves visual gags and puns, as well as jokes in reference to elements of Christianity and Buddhism; for example, Jesus creates wine from water in a public bath and Buddha shines when excited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Young_Men
Posted 10/5/15
One they don't have to believe in, I'd assume...
57637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
Atheists watch paint dry because it has nothing to do with any religion.
Posted 10/5/15

K3n21 wrote:

What kind of anime does people who stereotype athiests like?


Boku no pico
Posted 10/5/15

MissKittenVicious wrote:

One they don't have to believe in, I'd assume...


Oh I see how it is I guess by that logic you watch anything Fox news.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 10/5/15
Oh great. Another thread just itching for a flame war.

/i'll pass
Posted 10/5/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Oh I see how it is I guess by that logic you watch anything Fox news.


What logic?

I don't watch any news. I don't even own a television set. Do your research.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/5/15

Cursed-Banana wrote:

Last 2 episodes of Evangelion



HAH! +1 for you sir
11415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/5/15 , edited 10/5/15
Any and all the anime that involve eating babies and unfinished storylines.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.