First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Censorship - Should we make a push for more uncensored anime?
18090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / alabama
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
Should we make a push for more uncensored anime?

Im interested in hearing what everybody has to say. Im down for it!
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
I'm confuzzled.
One Punch Mod
96222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
ETA: We're good. Nothing real recent asking this question. I've corrected the spelling, moved things around a bit so the intended question is more visible in the title, and appears in the opening post, and removed my teasing picture of a censer.

I think CR has been doing a good job of getting uncensored material when they can. But their primary business is in simulcasts, and in most cases it's really not possible, or perhaps practical, for them to get uncensored simulcasts.

That said, I was delighted with the uncensored version of "My Wife is the Student Council President" and watching the censored version was amusing only once you'd seen the uncensored version, so I'm glad they got both.

Most things, I really don't mind watching the censored version.
105814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
Boo.
8986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / U.A Highschool
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
Like? Ecchi uncensored type of things? Just read the manga its like the same thing but its not in color and not animated but honstely I dont care
18090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / alabama
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
It dosen't have to be ecchi. It can be bloody & gorey ex-Tokyo Goul, I just like to have the option to chose.
5162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / OH
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

papasmurfin wrote:

It dosen't have to be ecchi. It can be bloody & gorey ex-Tokyo Goul, I just like to have the option to chose.


If you look at most of the anime and simulcasts being released in the 2015 season, with the exception of Tokyo Ghoul and in 2014 terraformars, they really haven't been censoring gore nearly as much as before, which I really am glad they have moved in that direction. If it's a violent manga or LN, chances are its going to come out as a violent anime adaption. I do agree though with having a choice, at least for violence. I get why studios do not air the uncensored episodes, (on TV) but sites that stream the episodes should have the option to receive the uncensored version.
23572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
Just remember that most of the censorship is by the production company so that you would buy the uncensored Blu-rays and DVDs.
103502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Gafennec wrote:

Just remember that most of the censorship is by the production company so that you would buy the uncensored Blu-rays and DVDs.


Pretty much this. The broadcast version will be censored. Nothing we can really do about it except buy the physical releases like good little consumers.
3087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
Honestly i don't care about censorship, i don't watch Anime for either nudity or gore (they are just a bonus ) It only really becomes a problem for me when the censorship far outweighs the actual content on-screen.

So no, i don't think we really need uncensored anime at all.
89500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

lorreen wrote:

ETA: We're good. Nothing real recent asking this question. I've corrected the spelling, moved things around a bit so the intended question is more visible in the title, and appears in the opening post, and removed my teasing picture of a censer.

I think CR has been doing a good job of getting uncensored material when they can. But their primary business is in simulcasts, and in most cases it's really not possible, or perhaps practical, for them to get uncensored simulcasts.

That said, I was delighted with the uncensored version of "My Wife is the Student Council President" and watching the censored version was amusing only once you'd seen the uncensored version, so I'm glad they got both.

Most things, I really don't mind watching the censored version.


Except in the US watching the uncensored version of "My Wife is the Student Council President" is borderline illegal if not illegal itself once they announced she was 16.
4138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
More Yosuga no Sora?
3508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
I think the reason that CR put up the uncensored "MWITSCP" was because the scenes in the uncensored version were rather brief.
6901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
Having a censored version and non-censored version is ideal, outside of that ideal I would rather get the story without the gore/overly violent/service shots (though not the 'covering half the screen' type of censoring).
One Punch Mod
96222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I think the reason that CR put up the uncensored "MWITSCP" was because the scenes in the uncensored version were rather brief.


I think they put it up because it was:

1) Made available to them
2) Affordable (possibly because it's a short)
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.