First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply What's with the atheist hate?
38932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/8/15

haikinka wrote:

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.


He's totally right. Don't trust me because I don't believe in Jebus and his magic tricks.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

haikinka wrote:

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.





ayesharocks wrote:


haikinka wrote:

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.


^

As a former atheist and current Christian, I would trust an atheist to have a more realistic view of morality than most Christians.

I mean, I know tons of "Christians" who'd kill all kinds of people, if allowed, for no other reason than "they were going to hell." Which is a horrible argument, by the way - if you kill them, how are they ever supposed to get saved?

The problem is that a lot of Christians don't know how to distinguish believing something and being brainwashed.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/10/15
Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

thekevin4 wrote:


haikinka wrote:

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.


He's totally right. Don't trust me because I don't believe in Jebus and his magic tricks.


Blasphemer. Heretic! We need a Crunchyroll Inquisition. NO ONE EXPECTS THE CR INQUISITION!
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 10/6/15
Some days I feel like an Agnostic, some days I feel like an Atheist. I think overall I feel that it's possible that something in the sense of a creator can exist, but I am sure that it has nothing to do with any man-made religion. Those are just a combination of superstition, a primal attempt at science, and politics.

My personal philosophy is that by submitting yourself to beliefs founded entirely on blind faith you are limiting yourself. We should make the most of our lives without having to fear what comes after death. If I go to hell, so be it. If I cease to exist, so be it. At least I will have enjoyed my life.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/8/15
Baseless.

Although I find atheists often have an annoying amount of ego.




Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


Pretty much.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

xxJing wrote:

Some days I feel like an Agnostic, some days I feel like an Atheist. I think overall I feel that it's possible that something in the sense of a creator can exist, but I am sure that it has nothing to do with any man-made religion. Those are just a combination of superstition, a primal attempt at science, and politics.

My personal philosophy is that by submitting yourself to beliefs founded entirely on blind faith you are limiting yourself. We should make the most of our lives without having to fear what comes after death. If I go to hell, so be it. If I cease to exist, so be it. At least I will have enjoyed my life.


An Atheist would say: God 100% doesn't/cannot exist
An Agnostic would say: God might exist or he might not I'm not sure for whatever reason/
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


That! That's pretty much what I asked my physiology/anatomy instructor when I was in college, minus the disrespect. And boy, was she ever educated, too... Hah. I wasn't trying to be an ass, though; I was honestly curious, because (even to this day) I honestly do not understand how many religious people reconcile science and religion.

I've pretty much had to accept the fact that religious belief doesn't have to always clash with scientific facts, and that being a Christian doesn't necessarily mean that you believe that the Earth was created in seven days and is only 10,000 years old.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
Well the atheist community (at least online) isn't exactly a gem.
4017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/8/15
In America, atheists are the most hated group. They have been for at least 3 years (a 2012 poll).

Most of this comes down to the fact that religion is big here. Much bigger than that of Europe at least (most of Europe, Italy, Vatican and other southern countries). They don't bat an eye at whatever you are in Germany (and the Scandinavian, UK and Co.)... Unless you want to blow them up. I have lived in Germany, New York, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. I can say for the latter of the 3... Atheists are disliked (if not hated) with a passion.

As our trolly friend Haikinka said... Many believe it is impossible to have a moral compass without Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (R'Amen), etc in your life. This is of course ignoring the fact that most crimes in the USA are done by Christians (and I mean the ratio, Per Capita (100,000 atheists to 100,000 Christians)).

Christians just hate what their bible tells them to. Gay's, lesbians, heretics, blasphemers and all were told to be hated in the bible. So they did. The bible is pretty much the answer to your question I guess. I read it 3 times (I was a Christian until I was old enough to think for myself). I really find it an interesting read, but by no means would I follow its teachings. I will stick with Buddhism or something if I want spiritual fulfillment without bias.

I leave you with one of my favorite New Testament quotes:

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. Revelation 2:22-23)"

Because seriously, lets kill innocent kids because their parents goofed.

Edit: And for those on the Flying Spaghetti Monster... It isn't believed in. We know its a joke. It was made to stop Creationism being taught in a Kansas school instead of Evolution (or Evilution for some).

Edit 2: And for all the times I got jumped after school for being Atheist. Always a kind way to say hello you know! Luckily I took Judo and Japanese Jujitsu as a kid.
Posted 10/6/15
It's because they disagree with the atheist diet of eating babies.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Well the atheist community (at least online) isn't exactly a gem.


The "Atheist community" is pretty much like any religious community.

You've got the nuts that try to force their beliefs on others and think of themselves as superior and others inferior because of their beliefs, and then you've got those that just believe what they believe and still get along with everyone else.

[Non-]religious extremism can be found everywhere, and is almost always not representative of the whole religious base.
Posted 10/6/15

PhysicalSquid wrote:

Although religion is responsible for a lot of morality, the idea of atheist have no moral barometer is insanity. You might be surprised to know how many murders are influenced by religion. Many passages in the Bible instruct Christians to kill for reasons we see today as immoral. And atheist are the ones without a moral barometer? Doubt it.


But without a big scary omnipotent man in the sky to tell me what's right and wrong what's stopping me from being a prick.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

sarteck wrote:

The "Atheist community" is pretty much like any religious community.

You've got the nuts that try to force their beliefs on others and think of themselves as superior and others inferior because of their beliefs, and then you've got those that just believe what they believe and still get along with everyone else.

[Non-]religious extremism can be found everywhere, and is almost always not representative of the whole religious base.


Tbh atheism seems to be like a religion of its own.


17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

sarteck wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

Well the atheist community (at least online) isn't exactly a gem.


The "Atheist community" is pretty much like any religious community.

You've got the nuts that try to force their beliefs on others and think of themselves as superior and others inferior because of their beliefs, and then you've got those that just believe what they believe and still get along with everyone else.

[Non-]religious extremism can be found everywhere, and is almost always not representative of the whole religious base.
well I'm making this judgement as an insider. I do admire some, like the friendly atheist. The name is comedic really
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.