WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
What's with the atheist hate?
10531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

Dark_Alma wrote:
"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. Revelation 2:22-23)"


Yeah, Revelations is some rough stuff. Of course, this particular scripture is actually talking about churches not living properly... and actually has nothing to do with literal adultery, or killing actual children.

Revelations is also the only book that is really that brutal in the New Testament, and very little of it can be taken at face value. It speaks of the end-times. Another thing that might be noted is that most of the "bad stuff" in the end times is caused by Satan and not God...

But, I can see how you can take that and twist it to try to make a point... however invalid.

Now... Old Testament... yeah, that's pretty bad.
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/8/15

Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


That rich and a lie. I spend more time hearing a Christian bitch about us than the other way around.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


Are you saying I can't believe in Cthulu as an Athiest?


Shame.


PrinceJudar wrote:

Tbh atheism seems to be like a religion of its own.




That is because it pretty much is.


Not to mention most "Atheists" I know are actually more Agnostic than Atheist.


Atheists have faith, just generally not in a God or Gods, Agnostic more or less just don't give a shit one way or another about faith or God(s).
Banned
20726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

sarteck wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


That! That's pretty much what I asked my physiology/anatomy instructor when I was in college, minus the disrespect. And boy, was she ever educated, too... Hah. I wasn't trying to be an ass, though; I was honestly curious, because (even to this day) I honestly do not understand how many religious people reconcile science and religion.

I've pretty much had to accept the fact that religious belief doesn't have to always clash with scientific facts, and that being a Christian doesn't necessarily mean that you believe that the Earth was created in seven days and is only 10,000 years old.


Does the bible even explicitly say 10,000 years? All I remember is the 7 days bit and if you think about it a day is what happens when the earth rotates 360 degrees. Obviously you cannot have a day when there is no sun or Earth so the unit of measurement makes no sense if you interpret it literally. If the bible was true that 7 days might be 7 galactic rotations or some insanely long measure of time.
7787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.A California
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
I don't know I think a lot of people are just well... jerks.They wan't some kind of outlet and decide the religious banner is the one to crusade under. Same goes for atheists that hate on religion both are common and both are not cool. Yeah, as for atheists always winning a scientific argument I actually never got why, from my experience science and religion have no contradiction, and no science has proved god to exist nor exist. If you can show me one I'm all ears (Granted I will probably try and refute it).
27290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/6/15

Stonewolfe wrote:
That is because it pretty much is.

Not to mention most "Atheists" I know are actually more Agnostic than Atheist.

Atheists have faith, just generally not in a God or Gods, Agnostic more or less just don't give a shit one way or another about faith or God(s).


Mhm. As an Agnostic, it's not difficult to see the 'faith' within Atheism.

666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Greensboro North...
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


Well at least I don't hear Atheist say you're gonna go to hell whenever I walk down the street
3226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Rujikin wrote:


sarteck wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Atheists attack and assault Christians/Muslims/Religion for having their own beliefs. I see posters everywhere at my university saying "How can you claim to be educated and still believe in a flying spaghetti monster?". Atheists as a whole are the most insulting intolerant people I have ever met.


That! That's pretty much what I asked my physiology/anatomy instructor when I was in college, minus the disrespect. And boy, was she ever educated, too... Hah. I wasn't trying to be an ass, though; I was honestly curious, because (even to this day) I honestly do not understand how many religious people reconcile science and religion.

I've pretty much had to accept the fact that religious belief doesn't have to always clash with scientific facts, and that being a Christian doesn't necessarily mean that you believe that the Earth was created in seven days and is only 10,000 years old.


Does the bible even explicitly say 10,000 years? All I remember is the 7 days bit and if you think about it a day is what happens when the earth rotates 360 degrees. Obviously you cannot have a day when there is no sun or Earth so the unit of measurement makes no sense if you interpret it literally. If the bible was true that 7 days might be 7 galactic rotations or some insanely long measure of time.


Not explicitly, but implicitly.

It was some big calculation with the "Tom begat Brad begat Ken begat Barbie begat Bowser begat Mario" stuff.

As for the "what defines a day" bit, the first thing God did was "create the Heavens and the Earth." That implies we had a planet and a sun, so (with the possible exception of that first day) we've had "days" since the "first day" in Genesis.
Posted 10/6/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:
"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. Revelation 2:22-23)"


Yeah, Revelations is some rough stuff. Of course, this particular scripture is actually talking about churches not living properly... and actually has nothing to do with literal adultery, or killing actual children.

Revelations is also the only book that is really that brutal in the New Testament, and very little of it can be taken at face value. It speaks of the end-times. Another thing that might be noted is that most of the "bad stuff" in the end times is caused by Satan and not God...

But, I can see how you can take that and twist it to try to make a point... however invalid.

Now... Old Testament... yeah, that's pretty bad.


Because according to your book. He let him. Every time Satan does something. Your god just sit there and let it happen. And then save the day with a long ass speech. An made him self look good. Excuse me but he sound like a pain in the ass. No to mention the ego part or the you go to eternal hell part too. I also could add the part where he drown everybody, because they didn't behave like he wanted them too. And don't get me started with the whole kill your son thing.
You see ? He sound like a pain to deal with.
3226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

Lukewolf40 wrote:

I don't know I think a lot of people are just well... jerks.They wan't some kind of outlet and decide the religious banner is the one to crusade under. Same goes for atheists that hate on religion both are common and both are not cool. Yeah, as for atheists always winning a scientific argument I actually never got why, from my experience science and religion have no contradiction, and no science has proved god to exist nor exist. If you can show me one I'm all ears (Granted I will probably try and refute it).


Although I disagree with the "Atheists will always win" garbage, I have to point out that the poster probably did not mean the argument of the existence of God as much as he meant other aspects of religion (animals being created rather than evolving, etc.).
Posted 10/6/15
Astonishing...

I didn't think atheists gave a fuck about anything. You guys just plummeted on my cool people list.

Tsk tsk...
6466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
They're just being very immature or they're just having a bad day. They don't see me bashing other people beliefs.
10531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


Because according to your book. He let him. Every time Satan does something. Your god just sit there and let it happen. And then save the day with a long ass speech. An made him self look good. Excuse me but he sound like a pain in the ass. No to mention the ego part or the you go to eternal hell part too. I also could add the part where he drown everybody, because they didn't behave like he wanted them too. And don't get me started with the whole kill your son thing.
You see ? He sound like a pain to deal with.


I'm not going to argue with you about what or how I believe.

God bless you.
10531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

MissKittenVicious wrote:

Astonishing...

I didn't think atheists gave a fuck about anything. You guys just plummeted on my cool people list.

Tsk tsk...


Which atheist were you referring to? Which post? The starting post, by chance?

If so, you didn't read it, because I'm not an atheist. hahaha.
27290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/6/15

MissKittenVicious wrote:

Astonishing...

I didn't think atheists gave a fuck about anything. You guys just plummeted on my cool people list.

Tsk tsk...


Meh. Atheists do have something prove though.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.