First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply What's with the atheist hate?
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Greensboro North...
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

henikmattlog wrote:


furytime wrote:

Coming from southern Louisiana (super religious), people hate atheist because they dislike what they don't really understand. They don't want to understand anything and they blindly judge because it's how they are apparently raised. Forces to believe that there is only a god or whatever. So if you go against their ideas, even if it is not directly, they will dislike that.



Not all Atheists are blind and don't understand. In fact I know a good amount of atheists who probably know the bible better than some devout Christians. Thats just a misconception of Atheists... most atheists have tried to understand Christianity or Catholicism or even came from those religions before they made their're choice. I'm not going to say I know the bible well but I did in fact try to grasp the concept of an omnipotent God by going to church a few times.



I think he was refering the "super religious" as people who dislike what they don't really understand
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
I love when people think they're on another level of intellect, purely due to their devout beliefs of their religion.
Like this guy..

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.


If you're going to gauge people on religious beliefs before even having a simple conversation with them, you can bugger off.

Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

henikmattlog wrote:


furytime wrote:

Coming from southern Louisiana (super religious), people hate atheist because they dislike what they don't really understand. They don't want to understand anything and they blindly judge because it's how they are apparently raised. Forces to believe that there is only a god or whatever. So if you go against their ideas, even if it is not directly, they will dislike that.



Not all Atheists are blind and don't understand. In fact I know a good amount of atheists who probably know the bible better than some devout Christians. Thats just a misconception of Atheists... most atheists have tried to understand Christianity or Catholicism or even came from those religions before they made their're choice. I'm not going to say I know the bible well but I did in fact try to grasp the concept of an omnipotent God by going to church a few times.



Oh sorry I worded that wrong. I meant the religious people, not atheist.
Edited the wording a bit.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
As someone who used to proclaim himself an atheist (actually agnostic), I can understand why Christians can go quickly down the throat of an atheist. Vice versa too. Both sides have their pros and cons of people, and unfortunately that makes more work for both sides to show that we're no better than the other.
13626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:Son you are confuse. I do no care what or how you believe in your god. I simply stating. YOUR GOD IS A PAIN IN THE ASS FROM MY POINT OF VIEW. No once did I ask you anything.


Well.... in that case... God bless you, anyway.

Also, you seem to be a bit hostile.


I no being hostile. I simply dislike your god. Like a lot. Jesus is fine. But your god is the one I dislike point and simply. There no hostility in saying. I do not like you one bit or saying I hate you. Is my opinion noting more or less.


In Christian theology Jesus is god. You're probably referring to "The Father" who according to Christian theology is also god.

To comment on the thread topic, I haven't seen any particular atheist hate going on in the Crunchyroll forums. I do recall a string of "What kind of anime do atheists watch" threads which resulted in everyone having a good chuckle, or maybe that was just me.

It has also come to my attention that a lot of people are confusing agnosticism and atheism. The 'a' in both words comes from greek or something and means "without". For example Atheism could translate to "Without god". Agnosticism would translate to "Without knowledge" or in other words, without certainty. The two terms are not mutually exclusive. If you don't believe god exists but claim uncertainty to the belief (Or lack of belief) you're a "Agnostic Atheist". If you claim to be certain that god doesn't exist you're a "Gnostic Atheist". The same applies to theists and deists.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I keep seeing all these negative comments towards atheists. What's up with that?

I'm Christian, now, but I was an atheist my entire life, prior to that. I promise it wasn't hate that won me over. It wasn't arguing with me, either (by the way, Christians will always lose a scientific argument).

Also, can't speak for other religions, aren't we as Christians just supposed to love everyone? If your heart is full of hate, you aren't acting like a Christian... you're acting like a follower of the adversary, under the banner of Christ.

Did someone get their feelings hurt because an atheist was smarter than them and made them look stupid or something? I just don't know what the deal is.



Wow did you change your religion just for your wife? That's admirable... I think. (_-_---_--|_-_*)

But, you know, not too thrilled with the atheist attacks too ^^.

And no I've won scientific arguments against atheists before. Science is increasingly starting to "prove" certain supernatural/religious stuff. Like all the Swedish studies showing homeopathy works. And the medical studies on Earthing. And the medical benefits of meditation. And the vast amount of quantum stuff on how consciousness has a physical form (soul). Etc. etc.
13626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

reaperx- wrote:

I love when people think they're on another level of intellect, purely due to their devout beliefs of their religion.
Like this guy..

Hard not to hate a non-god fearing person as a religious person, don't know what atheist are capable of without a moral barometer. Can't trust them.


If you're going to gauge people on religious beliefs before even having a simple conversation with them, you can bugger off.



I think he was joking. Or do you know that and it is I who is the one not getting the joke?
Posted 10/6/15

narutosonic330 wrote:

As someone who used to proclaim himself an atheist (actually agnostic), I can understand why Christians can go quickly down the throat of an atheist. Vice versa too. Both sides have their pros and cons of people, and unfortunately that makes more work for both sides to show that we're no better than the other.


But... but... I am better than "Insert group here"
6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15
What if god was an alien/ancient being. What if he had such technology that could alter the fabric of spacetime, wouldn't that be close to divine. What if you used our past history of religion with science to come to a conclusion. UFO sightings, out of body holy experiences. Even some very real research on reincarnation(many cases of children recalling specific memories of things decades before their birth, and that are to young to learn about). I don't need a book to tell me to be kind to others, or whats right and whats wrong. I may be in the minority but, I believe most of the bible, I believe people were not dumb back then, and had to figure out a way to make sense of what they saw. I believe God understood we must walk our own path as beings of this earth. I think god made us, and the animals. I believe he altered our DNA as well as the creatures to thrive on this planet. If everything truly exists in 11 different realms, maybe god is from one of them, or from ours and through knowledge and science bordering on magic, figured out how to move thru the 11 realms. Or the power to create a universe, and if like scientific theories believe, could be and endless number. Maybe god has lived all this time or maybe there have been a few different gods. Through pure religious outlooks, he hasn't been back in a while. Through scientific outlooks he has been watching over us this whole time leaving physical evidence of his supernatural crafts behind. What if heaven is just a realm of existence in which the tiny electrical impulses that run through our bodies and brains remain on that said realm. What if that electrical pulse is our soul itself. What if God and a civilization known as angels achieved a level of science that blurs the lines of reality. What if its all just one in the same. To me its seems clear it is, so I might be the craziest of you all.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

lambofgenesis wrote:
Wow did you change your religion just for your wife? That's admirable... I think.


No. Though it is true that I was an atheist for a long time, and she was Christian the entire time.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:
Wow did you change your religion just for your wife? That's admirable... I think.


No. Though it is true that I was an atheist for a long time, and she was Christian the entire time.


Ah, the brainwashing. I'm sorry lol. I've been there where you kinda are around someone for extended periods of time over the course of time, and what they say and do (even if they don't mean it to) ends up influencing you and seeping into you... trickling slowly but surely into your very essence.
28331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/6/15
I feel like people are getting confused about the terms Athiest and Agnostic. The positions are not mutually exclusive, theism simply asks the question whether or not you believe in a god or gods. So if you are an Athiest ("a" being the prefex in latin for "not") means you do not believe in god, this is not the same thing as believing there is no god.

Gnosticism on the other hand is the question of knowledge, in this case a knowledge of god. Most people are agnostic (including theist as knowledge is demonstrable).

So most people who say they are agnostic are agnostic athiests or agnostic thiest, and most (if not all) theists and athiests are also agnostic.
25147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 10/6/15

PhysicalSquid wrote:

In a lot of Christian's minds anything negative can be pointed to Atheism. I grew up in the Bible belt surrounded by flaming conservative Christians. Down here they tend to treat Atheist very poorly, its nothing unusual.


I feel your pain.
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/6/15 , edited 10/6/15

MetalStorm26 wrote:

What if god was an alien/ancient being. What if he had such technology that could alter the fabric of spacetime, wouldn't that be close to divine. What if you used our past history of religion with science to come to a conclusion. UFO sightings, out of body holy experiences. Even some very real research on reincarnation(many cases of children recalling specific memories of things decades before their birth, and that are to young to learn about). I don't need a book to tell me to be kind to others, or whats right and whats wrong. I may be in the minority but, I believe most of the bible, I believe people were not dumb back then, and had to figure out a way to make sense of what they saw. I believe God understood we must walk our own path as beings of this earth. I think god made us, and the animals. I believe he altered our DNA as well as the creatures to thrive on this planet. If everything truly exists in 11 different realms, maybe god is from one of them, or from ours and through knowledge and science bordering on magic, figured out how to move thru the 11 realms. Or the power to create a universe, and if like scientific theories believe, could be and endless number. Maybe god has lived all this time or maybe there have been a few different gods. Through pure religious outlooks, he hasn't been back in a while. Through scientific outlooks he has been watching over us this whole time leaving physical evidence of his supernatural crafts behind. What if heaven is just a realm of existence in which the tiny electrical impulses that run through our bodies and brains remain on that said realm. What if that electrical pulse is our soul itself. What if God and a civilization known as angels achieved a level of science that blurs the lines of reality. What if its all just one in the same. To me its seems clear it is, so I might be the craziest of you all.


The ancient aliens series was really good, got some VERY unique history from it. Also the hindu have living gods that walked among them as people and mated with them.... So yeah the hindu might have been visited by godly ALIENS!

Posted 10/6/15


I know but you may want to explain that to me in a way that make sense. Because I fail to see how Jesus is god and Jesus is god son. God have a son but how can it be his son if him self is Jesus. Sorry but I cannot understand this logic.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.