First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply CR getting the short end of the stick?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

bobland wrote:

There are other anime providers, you know.

Sentai isn't much better, if at all, than Funi. Hulu doesn't sub their own stuff.

No clue about Daisuki.


Daisuki is good quality, but has a small library.

For some, such as myself, having a large selection has more value than having high quality subs.

At the end of the day, these companies are competing with illegal providers. They make the assumption that people who use their site are not going to use illegal sources. That's just not true. Many people just choose to go legal and pay a sub rather than doing something illegal, and like to support the industry when it is possible.... BUT in the event that they either do without or rely on illegal sources, they WILL go to an illegal source.
10183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / The state of Wash...
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
it would be nice Crunchyroll could get the second and first season NORAGAMI. otherwise i thick crunchyroll is doing fine. it's the anime.being put out this pass season. there have just been a few really good one this pass year.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/8/15

abeltensro wrote:

Anyone else get the feeling that CR is getting the short end of the stick licensing wise this season? I mean today alone we got 1 short length anime and that's it thus far.

Personally, I hate the fact that there are now so many people in the simulcast game, not to mention ill never support Funimation again after the treatment they gave me the last time.

This seasons CR lineup just feels lacking, I was hoping to see them add a bunch of stuff right at the end of the week so we will see if that happens but its a bit weird insofar as how its scheduled with nothing really happening until the weekend.


We got a lot of great titles today such as the perfect insider. You're not looking hard enoght
25062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
It's a competitive business. They're not gonna have a winning line up every season. This Fall seems to be kind of a weak season for *everyone*, so I don't view it as getting worked up over.

Think of it as a chance to watch some of the older shows in your queue that you never got around to.
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / under the same sky
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
The titles for this season (so far) does seem somewhat lacklustre in my opinion... I mean I saw like two or three interesting ones, but the rest...
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I personally think this is CR's own fault.

They censor everything, have a larger selection of products than actual anime, and charge a sub that isn't worth it, when nothing new is releasing and/or you watch it somewhere else because of delay and censorship.

And honestly... Japanese drama? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I think most of us agree we would drop the drama for more anime (or even manga, for me).

I've gotten to the point where I've seen almost everything I want on CR, because there are so few good new anime and I've burned through all the older stuff they have.

The forums are probably the most used part of the site.

There are a few things I think would save CR from what I think will be its death in a year or two... but no one seems to be listening to my suggestions, so I've stopped bothering with it.


And what exactly is your suggestions? And CR isn't dying, if anything it's gaining. Here's a website analysis of traffic, and as you can see their gaining

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

Em0SceneStabr wrote:

I kinda like funimation. Crunchyroll is the Apple of the anime world to be honest.


Got it's start stealing content?

5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
Just be like me and have a sub to Funi and Crunchy, then you never miss out on simulcasts. :P

Sadly, Hulu has one simulcast to one of my fav animes, so now I am stuck with that. Blast you Hulu for having the only K Simulcast I can find. D:
15259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:
Name one anime on this site that has nudity. There are none that I have found.


My wife is the Student Council President has an uncensored version (its crap though and only has an 8 minute run time per episode)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-wife-is-the-student-council-president



HolyDrumstick wrote:
But I get what you are saying... I do... it is because CR is a site to show anime broadcast in Japan. I just think that is narrow-minded. It wouldn't be terribly hard to get their hands on uncensored copies of anime that have already released on DVD. There is no nudity on CR... I don't think that is unintentional, but I do think it is unnecessary. I have been using CR less and less because of this, which is what I perceive to be a problem.


You can defend CR all you like. It is slowly becoming not worth my membership fee. And if you think that has anything to do with the problem you stated, you are wrong. You can continue to think CR is fine, all you want, but I know I'm not the only one who's starting to look for anime elsewhere.


You seriously underestimate how desperate some studios are to boost BD and DVD sales figures especially as ecchi shows on average have lower sales figures that more "mainstream" shows. Studios generally censor their shows for two reasons: to "encourage" viewers to buy the uncensored BDs such as Highschool DXD Born or so the show can be broadcast at an earlier time where more people will be awake and willing to watch such as Tokyo Ghoul. Crunchyroll can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection and if a Japanese user happens to be using a Venus Pluto Neptune that can access the entire catalogue on CR for free at any time providing they don't mind adds. The Japanese anime industry is terrified of people reverse importing especially as a few thousand copies can mean the difference of success or failure; can you imagine how terrified it would be of CR and Funni if Japanese anime fans began to use said sites en mass. However, this does not invalidate what you have said. Problems such as Censorship especially in the case of anything gory *cough* Terraforms *cough* or an ecchi *cough* Isuca *cough* is a real issue as it damages emersion and it is almost always done horribly so it really stands out.

It does however; sound a bit like that you are suffering from burnout though.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Name one anime on this site that has nudity. There are none that I have found. But I get what you are saying... I do... it is because CR is a site to show anime broadcast in Japan. I just think that is narrow-minded. It wouldn't be terribly hard to get their hands on uncensored copies of anime that have already released on DVD. There is no nudity on CR... I don't think that is unintentional, but I do think it is unnecessary. I have been using CR less and less because of this, which is what I perceive to be a problem.

The Japanese drama... yeah... SOME people do like it... but how many? Are they really making enough money off of that to buy the licenses for it, rather than more manga/anime licenses? I'm not saying it is a bad idea, I'm just saying that for now, they'd probably do better to bulk up their anime, instead.

The store... my point wasn't that it is bad, my point was only that comparatively, the anime selection looks to be neglected.

You can defend CR all you like. It is slowly becoming not worth my membership fee. And if you think that has anything to do with the problem you stated, you are wrong. You can continue to think CR is fine, all you want, but I know I'm not the only one who's starting to look for anime elsewhere.


So... couldn't be bothered to read your whole post because... well why would I do that? I skimmed it though... and basically sounds like you're just mad at CR for not having nudity.... go watch porn man.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


So it is. Interesting. I wonder how memberships are doing, though. Increased traffic does not necessarily have anything to do with that.

Also, Daisuki.net is growing at a somewhat faster pace and funimation.com, which is still much lower, matched CR in growth.

Also, the amount that CR's traffic increased due to search engines doubled. (which translates into more advertising, just so you know.)

Furthermore, pageviews per visitor on CR is down 1.64% and time spent on the site is down 6%.

Daisuki.net saw an increase (a fairly large increase, too) in both of those areas.

Considering that Daisuki's history only goes back until March, rather than October of last year, Daisuki's growth is coming from a shorter period of time than CR's.



I just think that we should look at the whole picture here. Just the fact that Daisuki is new, and yet has seen so much activity, and continues to see more... just goes to show that anime fans are still wanting more than what was already provided. And that is my point... yeah, CR may be the go-to site for anime, at the moment, but it will not take a whole lot to pull its memberships.... not when there is sooo much it lacks.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

Voc666IV wrote:
Problems such as Censorship especially in the case of anything gory *cough* Terraforms *cough* or an ecchi *cough* Isuca *cough* is a real issue as it damages emersion and it is almost always done horribly so it really stands out.





thekevin4 wrote:and basically sounds like you're just mad at CR for not having nudity.... go watch porn man.


Really, man? If I wanted to watch porn I'd just go to a porn site. There are plenty of free ones.

Rather than argue with you, I'm just going to tell you to read what I quoted above.

I just think you really want to be a dick.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Voc666IV wrote:
Problems such as Censorship especially in the case of anything gory *cough* Terraforms *cough* or an ecchi *cough* Isuca *cough* is a real issue as it damages emersion and it is almost always done horribly so it really stands out.





thekevin4 wrote:and basically sounds like you're just mad at CR for not having nudity.... go watch porn man.


Really, man? If I wanted to watch porn I'd just go to a porn site. There are plenty of free ones.

Rather than argue with you, I'm just going to tell you to read what I quoted above.

I just think you are the coolest person ever and I look up to you.


Truth

Don't tell me how to live mah life...lol... in all seriousness though.... totally didn't read it

D'awwww, thanks man
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

thekevin4 wrote:

HolyDrumstick wrote:
Really, man? If I wanted to watch porn I'd just go to a porn site. There are plenty of free ones.

Rather than argue with you, I'm just going to tell you to read what I quoted above.

I just think you are the coolest person ever and I look up to you.


Truth

Don't tell me how to live mah life...lol... in all seriousness though.... totally didn't read it

D'awwww, thanks man


I really hate you, because I can't help but like you, even when you are being an ass. haha
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


So it is. Interesting. I wonder how memberships are doing, though. Increased traffic does not necessarily have anything to do with that.

Also, Daisuki.net is growing at a somewhat faster pace and funimation.com, which is still much lower, matched CR in growth.

Also, the amount that CR's traffic increased due to search engines doubled. (which translates into more advertising, just so you know.)

Furthermore, pageviews per visitor on CR is down 1.64% and time spent on the site is down 6%.

Daisuki.net saw an increase (a fairly large increase, too) in both of those areas.

Considering that Daisuki's history only goes back until March, rather than October of last year, Daisuki's growth is coming from a shorter period of time than CR's.



I just think that we should look at the whole picture here. Just the fact that Daisuki is new, and yet has seen so much activity, and continues to see more... just goes to show that anime fans are still wanting more than what was already provided. And that is my point... yeah, CR may be the go-to site for anime, at the moment, but it will not take a whole lot to pull its memberships.... not when there is sooo much it lacks.


I do agree with you, however I don't think it's as black and white as to just check the traffic their getting since in Crunchyroll's case a LOT of users access their service via their playstation, android, IOS, xbox and etc devices. Meaning that Crunchy get's traffic from them in addtion to what we can see on tracking sites.

To be honest with you, I don't think you can compare Daisuki and Crunchyroll in that sense since Crunchyroll provides a wider spectrum of services then what Daisuki currently provides. First of all Daisuki just provides legal anime streaming and a store with some goods in it, where as Crunchyroll provide news, a great community in it's forums, manga and anime streaming. This means that some members of this site may not use it for the streaming aspect but rather to just read the news or interact with the community on it's forums.

Then there's also other factors playing in like the fact that Crunchyroll has both premium content and free content where as Daisuki just has a free alternative. And this might drive some people off Crunchyroll since they have to pay or wait where as Daisuki just provides a free solution, meaning that no matter what you just get in in time and for free. And to top off Daisuki is also much more active on youtube since they post videos of full episodes over there giving them exposure from youtube, where as Crunchyroll doesn't do that and just have sponsorship on youtube. Which in turn doesn't lead to as many new viewers.

In addition to why I don't think you can compare the two, Daisuki has translations in almost every language like korean and chinese in addition to the once CR currently provides. This in turn means that Crunchyroll have a focus om mostly western markets and doesn't have a market penetration in let's say china since there's not many over there speaking the English language so they don't understand what's being subbed over here, where as they do on Daisuki since they provide Chinese and etc translations.

And you were comparing FUNimation to them as well, I honestly think FUNimation shouldn't even be mention since they have a north american exclusive focus meaning that they don't get any exposure on their streaming solution else where. Where as their dubs get expose thanks to other companies localization the dubs and anime's in DVD/BD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.