First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply CR getting the short end of the stick?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15


That's all fair.... but I was only pointing out that traffic really isn't necessarily a good measurement. That is all.

Also, as I said in a previous post... this isn't even factoring in the places people are streaming anime illegally.
39054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:

HolyDrumstick wrote:
Really, man? If I wanted to watch porn I'd just go to a porn site. There are plenty of free ones.

Rather than argue with you, I'm just going to tell you to read what I quoted above.

I just think you are the coolest person ever and I look up to you.


Truth

Don't tell me how to live mah life...lol... in all seriousness though.... totally didn't read it

D'awwww, thanks man


I really hate you, because I can't help but like you, even when you are being an ass. haha


Tis part of my evil charm, muahahahaha.... but sorry mayne, boredom tends to increase my ass-ness/dickish-ness, thanks for putting up with me! lol
23142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I personally think this is CR's own fault.

They censor everything, have a larger selection of products than actual anime, and charge a sub that isn't worth it, when nothing new is releasing and/or you watch it somewhere else because of delay and censorship.

And honestly... Japanese drama? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I think most of us agree we would drop the drama for more anime (or even manga, for me).

I've gotten to the point where I've seen almost everything I want on CR, because there are so few good new anime and I've burned through all the older stuff they have.

The forums are probably the most used part of the site.

There are a few things I think would save CR from what I think will be its death in a year or two... but no one seems to be listening to my suggestions, so I've stopped bothering with it.



I agree with most of this but you know, there actually is an audience for the drama. It's not as large as the anime one, especially on this site, but I see their strategy there. A lot of the chinese students at my school who also speak Japanese, watch a lot of Japanese dramas + anime. Anyway, I've been going on that gogoanime site for what's not on cr. I'm not going to pay like 5 different subscriptions just because there's more competition in the anime business world now.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

WitlessMean wrote:I'm not going to pay like 5 different subscriptions just because there's more competition in the anime business world now.


Yeah... same with manga... I've been shifting to free manga/comic sites... like webtoons. And, actually, some of the best I've read are free. Not going to pay for something when what I consider a better product is free.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

VZ68 wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:

I kinda like funimation. Crunchyroll is the Apple of the anime world to be honest.


Got it's start stealing content?



I actually just meant the whole main stream thing lol
md4124 
48303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15


Name one anime on this site that has nudity. There are none that I have found. But I get what you are saying... I do... it is because CR is a site to show anime broadcast in Japan. I just think that is narrow-minded. It wouldn't be terribly hard to get their hands on uncensored copies of anime that have already released on DVD. There is no nudity on CR... I don't think that is unintentional, but I do think it is unnecessary. I have been using CR less and less because of this, which is what I perceive to be a problem.

The Japanese drama... yeah... SOME people do like it... but how many? Are they really making enough money off of that to buy the licenses for it, rather than more manga/anime licenses? I'm not saying it is a bad idea, I'm just saying that for now, they'd probably do better to bulk up their anime, instead.

The store... my point wasn't that it is bad, my point was only that comparatively, the anime selection looks to be neglected.

You can defend CR all you like. It is slowly becoming not worth my membership fee. And if you think that has anything to do with the problem you stated, you are wrong. You can continue to think CR is fine, all you want, but I know I'm not the only one who's starting to look for anime elsewhere.


Answer: My Wife is the Student Council President

Next question.

Crunchyroll and Funimation only charge about $60 per year each. That's about the price of 1 dinner out. What is there to complain about.

14 ongoing and 32 new series doesn't sound like nothing. IMO this season is the weakest this year. Based on how much I watch I'm paying about 50 cents per episode that I watch. Sounds pretty good to me.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I personally think this is CR's own fault.

They censor everything, have a larger selection of products than actual anime, and charge a sub that isn't worth it, when nothing new is releasing and/or you watch it somewhere else because of delay and censorship.

And honestly... Japanese drama? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I think most of us agree we would drop the drama for more anime (or even manga, for me).

I've gotten to the point where I've seen almost everything I want on CR, because there are so few good new anime and I've burned through all the older stuff they have.

The forums are probably the most used part of the site.

There are a few things I think would save CR from what I think will be its death in a year or two... but no one seems to be listening to my suggestions, so I've stopped bothering with it.


To be quite honest, it's not really CR's fault that Fall 2015 really sucks. FUNi's lineup isn't much better. Valkyrie Drive, Shomin Sample, Dance with Devils, STARMYU, Attack on Titan Junior High, Hidan no Aria AA, .... they're equally shitty. Sentai's Rakudai Kishi which is Hulu exclusive is also utter dogshit. I don't know who in their right mind will waste 7$ (or even 11$) to watch a rip-off of Asterisk, which is also shit. CR also has a fair share of shitty titles this season. They get like 10+ shorts, which are all shitty btw.

It's just that almost every anime this season SUCKS.

Also, CR has nothing to do with censorships, I believe. If CR is censored, then its mostly the Japanese licensors' fault.

EDIT: Is it just me, or I just really noticed that 2015 has a higher proportion of shitty animes that the previous years?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

md4124 wrote:
Answer: My Wife is the Student Council President

Next question.

Crunchyroll and Funimation only charge about $60 per year each. That's about the price of 1 dinner out. What is there to complain about.

14 ongoing and 32 new series doesn't sound like nothing. IMO this season is the weakest this year. Based on how much I watch I'm paying about 50 cents per episode that I watch. Sounds pretty good to me.


thanks for the info about the anime.

Also, I guess people fail to take into account different wages, costs of living, and levels of income. I'm poor. I have to be extremely careful what I spend for entertainment, and have to be able to justify it to my family. Hell, I haven't bought new clothes in 5 years, and I haven't bought new shoes in 3.

Stop assuming that we're all equal, financially.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

dark_pride wrote:
To be quite honest, it's not really CR's fault that Fall 2015 really sucks.It's just that almost every anime this season SUCKS.


I don't watch anime just for new content. There are PLENTY of older things I wish I could stream on CR, but I only have the option to order them online for more money than I can afford or use illegal sources. You can guess which I choose. And, I wish I could always support the industry, but I cannot.


New content is a decent service of CR.... but I prefer a larger selection to new content I don't want to watch anyway.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dark_pride wrote:
To be quite honest, it's not really CR's fault that Fall 2015 really sucks.It's just that almost every anime this season SUCKS.


I don't watch anime just for new content. There are PLENTY of older things I wish I could stream on CR, but I only have the option to order them online for more money than I can afford or use illegal sources. You can guess which I choose. And, I wish I could always support the industry, but I cannot.


New content is a decent service of CR.... but I prefer a larger selection to new content I don't want to watch anyway.


By the way people are ranting here, I assume that most people ranting here only care about Fall 2015 titles. But if you want catalog titles, CR isn't finished announcing. Catalog titles mostly come last, and they usually get a handful of catalog titles every season. Mostly Discotek and Media Blasters stuff.
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
CR got Haikyuu!! S2, Yuru Yuri S3 and they will get Gochiusa S2 and that's literally all that matters. They got more that I wanted to watch than Funi who picked up all shit outside of StarMyu. OPM is on Daisuki and they're pretty good, so no complaints there. I can live without that being on CR.
Posted 10/9/15

_prey wrote:

but at least you are getting the stick amirite?


Rofl
28332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15
Frankly, I think this season was a blunder for one single reason: One Punch Man. It was the ONE thing everyone indistinctly was looking forward to, not to mention the one anime that ticks all the boxes to become the next mainstream success in the West, and they left it to Daisuki or whatever, choosing quantity over quality to pour money on crap licenses like Lance 'n' Masques and Chivalry of a Failed Knight, or whatever supposedly comedic shorts they could put their hands on. Except those are niche things for a niche public. One Punch Man is the kind of thing that would have drawn an influx of new viewers altogether - I know I first stipulated by premium subscription when they brought Attack on Titan.

For me the problem is, Crunchyroll has the power to reach all over the world, but doesn't really leverage on it. They are basically specializing on a specific category of "western otakus", so to say, bringing a lot of niche shows that the general public will never give a shit about, so basically they don't have to compete for their licenses. Meanwhile Funi and other such services grab all the big shots and bank on those. For being a western service, CR basically appeals to the fraction of the western public that has the same tastes as the core Japanese anime audience - instead of trying to spread anime beyond the boundaries of its hard-core fandom. It's a strategy, maybe one that can have success, I don't know, but one that is pushing me (and it seems to me, many others) away. I hope CR know what they're doing, for their own sake, because if it keeps on sooner or later people like me will just delete their subscriptions, and I don't know how big a fraction of their income that would be.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.